• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tequila Works (Deadlight) making a new IP with a major publisher on Unreal Engine 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Via TheOddOne.

TheOddOne said:
You remember the guys that did Deadlight, right? Tequila Works. Well they seem to have a new game in the works for a major publisher, kicker is that they are searching for somebody with UE4 experience. Safe to say a next generation project.

Job listing 1:
Tequila Works in partnership with a MAJOR PUBLISHER is looking for exceptional art talent to contribute to a new experience in the new IP universe. Teamwork, innovation, attention-to-detail and unbridled passion are characteristics we look for in all of our artists. If you feel you have what it takes, throw your hat in the ring.

Job listing 2:
Experience with Unreal Engine. Understanding of UE4.
More joblisting on their website about the project.

Their last game was published by Microsoft, who judging by job postings, is also fairly invested in Unreal Engine 4.

Perhaps a new downloadable title for the next Xbox?

Haunted

Nice.

Deadlight looked amazing at the unveil, got lukewarm/mixed reviews so hype cooled down a little bit, but totally delivered in the end (at least for me).

Looking forward to their next thing.

There was an interview that talked about how Sony and Microsoft were in a bit of a bidding war for Deadlight, I wonder if the promise of publishing a next gen game is what won it for MS.

Kifimbo

Cool, thanks for posting Niro. Seeing as they are a small studio, I think it might be a downloadable affair.

The studio was founded by people who previously worked on AAA games with Sony, Blizzard and Mercury Steam. So who knows, maybe Deadlight was just a smaller project since it was their first.

Grisby

Good deal. Deadlight was a little rough technically (on xbox) but it had a lot of promise. I felt it was a little overpriced but there was some fun to be had.

Zarx

So how many UE4 licensees do we know about now?

I know of
Square Enix
Zombie Studios
And now Tequila Works
And the winner of the Make Something Unreal comp

Am I missing anything?

This, Deadlight was a wreck.

I quit playing after I don't know how many cheap instakills in the ratman's lair.

QNR4z.jpg

I thought Deadlight was okay-ish but the fact that Microsoft Game Studios promoted it much more heavily than Mark of the Ninja is a travesty.

Top Bottom