• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur Studio worked on Dead Rising 3. (Linkedin)

ekim

mh... 720 launch title? I could totally see this.

edit:
expect more CGI trailers for next gen platforms on E3 :p

edit2: and Bioshock 3 in their vita == Bioshock Infinite?

Probably next gen then. Sweet!

Was the last rumour we heard that you'll play as a mechanic named Rick and it's based in a Californian town?

8bit

Knows the Score
crazy buttocks on a train mentioned this but it didn't show up at E3, but he did also mention what turned out to be Remember Me before anything official. I bought the 360 for Dead Rising, and wouldn't be entirely surprised if this was for the next launch.

Probably next gen then. Sweet!

Was the last rumour we heard that you'll play as a mechanic named Rick and it's based in a Californian town?

Yeah, alongside some artwork.

This game probably got caught in the "should we go next-gen or push it out in 2013" crossfire, will be interesting to see where Capcom lands on it, or if it becomes a cross-generational title.

clockpunk

So long as Capcom Vancouver (formely Blue Castle) - the team behind DR2 and its surrounding arcade releases - are the actual developers...

But if DR3 is a console launch title... well... consider me there Day One!

Darklord

Banned
They didn't work on Dead Rising 3. They create trailers like The Old Republic and other CGI footage. All that means is expect no gameplay shown when it gets announced.

eso76

Sucks inafune isn't involved but blue castle is the next best thing. Although I prefer dr1 they did a good job with the sequel and 720 launch title would be awesome.

Just give me more Dead Rising designed by Capcom Vancouver/Blue Castle Games!

DR3 as a launch title to Xbox 720 would even make me wanna buy the console day 1.

diamount

Banned
I hope one is more open, really don't want to be in a mall setting again. Also do away with the fucking companion system.

Aaron

It's better in all respects, imo.

It just got hammered critically because of the price the game launched at.
So true. I just finished the main part of Off the Record, and it's an improvement on DR2 in so many little ways I was pretty surprised. Survival mode is also well done, especially when you mod in allies.

I ended up loving both DR2 and DR2:OTR. I wasn't actually lttp in owning DR2 but took a while to get to it, which similarly delayed my getting to OTR (which I liked even more overall). Would have been more active in the early topics otherwise. Will not be lttp in any way with the next as long as it stays in good hands.

Orayn

Hey, more corroboration to what Crazy Buttocks alluded to!

Also, please don't sell out and remove the time limit, Capcom.

Muzzy

Sorry for bumping this thread as I don't know if it's worthy or not but Dead Rising 3 also appears on the LinkedIn profile page of composer Sascha Dikiciyan.

linkedin_dr396ut9.png

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sascha-dikiciyan/3/32/a65

It has been removed now but you still can see it through google cache.

Since the game appears above Mass Effect 3 it could mean that he's done the job recently.

Again, sorry if it's not worthy as the thread is more than a month old.

Local co-op Capcom. No reason the last had to be online. Also, if you could just make the generally amazing concept a lot better in execution, that'd be great.

.la1n

Fully expected (and rumors suggested) a showing at E3 last year, was surprised when it disappeared mysteriously, I would probably bank on it getting shuffled into next gen.

Ryuhza

Banned
Oooooh yes please.

And don't you dare be an exclusive you dirty tease. I need my sandbox zombie game. And if that stuff is next gen, I'm going to be needing that Split-Screen. Come on now...

I liked dead rising 2, but they made frank look like a creep in OTR and the fact that dead rising 2' performance was massively worse than dead rising 1 was a bitter pill to swallow. Bring back the original Frank from DR1 and bring back 60FPS and I'm up for this.

Jonnyram

What are the chances of this being cancelled based on Capcom's latest statements about foreign development being reduced due to disappointing results?

Pooya

What are the chances of this being cancelled based on Capcom's latest statements about foreign development being reduced due to disappointing results?

the canceled projects were outsourced, this game isn't outsourced. DR2 actually sold very well.

Top Bottom