• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 17 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
uVq4k.jpg

Official Site

The cast of Bachelorettes

And here is our Bachelor...Sean!

zJDja.jpg

Who will be the fan-favorite this season? The villain? Which hot girls will get sent home in tears? I'll be watching it for the cat fights and the swimsuits.

Also, anything's better than the last Bachelor, Ben.

Here's one of the preview pics, looks like we've already got a crazy:

pUXpM.jpg

daemissary

I expected more people in this topic...the Bachelor is the biggest trainwreck in TV. These chicks are crazy!

There's a chick who showed up in a wedding dress!

There's a chick obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey! It was literally her only talking point!

There's a chick named AshLee! With a capital L!

Just saw the first episode, Sean got an attractive group this time.

I can't believe he kept the drunk wedding dress girl.

My favorite so far is Diana:

3jbD4.jpg

I'm also pretty bummed he didn't keep Paige. She seems like a nice girl.

Just caught up with episode 2. Looks like they're setting up Amanda and Tierra to be the villains. Also have we had such a huge front runner so early with Desiree? Might as well send all the other girls packing now.

Prologue

I'm hoping for Kacie or Dessire(sp?), the girl he played a prank on. Anywho, Sean seems like a genuine nice guy, unlike that tool from the previous season.

Just saw the first episode, Sean got an attractive group this time.

I can't believe he kept the drunk wedding dress girl.

My favorite so far is Diana:

http://i.imgur.com/3jbD4.jpg[IMG]

I'm also pretty bummed he didn't keep Paige. She seems like a nice girl.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you? What could go wrong?

Wes

venison crêpe
Phew. More like minded guilty show watched.

I love how Kacie's attempt to stir up trouble backfired. "Crazy person" mwahaha.

When you see Tierra in episode 1 in the intro video she seemed like such a nice person. Wow was I wrong. Hopefully she gets kicked out sooner rather than later. The added artificial drama is less entertaining than the simple competitive nature of the show.

Potential winners? Lindsay, Amanda or blonde Lesley. I also like Catherine but I don't think she's his type.

Phew. More like minded guilty show watched.

I love how Kacie's attempt to stir up trouble backfired. "Crazy person" mwahaha.

When you see Tierra in episode 1 in the intro video she seemed like such a nice person. Wow was I wrong. Hopefully she gets kicked out sooner rather than later. The added artificial drama is less entertaining than the simple competitive nature of the show.

Potential winners? Lindsay, Amanda or blonde Lesley. I also like Catherine but I don't think she's his type.

Seriously didn't Kacie learn from Emily last season?? Oh well, she was stuck in the friendzone anyway. Never had a chance.

I love Tierra's antics although I do miss Courtney.

Frontrunners have got to be Lesley M. or Desiree at this point.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think Desiree is there to fool you into thinking she's the clear favourite then she'll randomly not get a rose with about 4 shows left. This always seems to happen.

Wes

venison crêpe
Tierra is insufferable. She deserves all the sledging she's getting from the other girls.

Can't believe he got rid of Amanda.

Tierra is hot. All the other girls are just jealous.

Not surprised at all he got rid of Amanda. My friend and I guessed her or Daniella. I also don't see Robyn lasting more than 1-2 more episodes.

Next week: two new episodes Monday and Tuesday! Also it looks like Jackie gets a 1-on-1, finally. She seems like a cool girl.

Tierra is smoking hot, even if she is a psychopath and has weird dents in her forehead.

Also Catherine seems super cool. Really surprised they haven't given her more air time.

Mollymauk

Tierra has dents in her forehead. It's all about dat Lesley and Jackie.

Although I am a tad concerned Lesley might be Republican... Blondies lookin like that workin in politics tend to skew right...

Edit: ha ha we said the same thing about the dents.

Who cares about a tiny dent? You guys are so superficial. The point is, Tierra is hot, okay?

Also what's up with everyone going to the hospital every episode. I'm pretty sure the producers canceled the roller derby portion of the date so they won't get sued.

Wes

venison crêpe
Tierra scares me. I wouldn't want any part of that no matter how hot she is.
Although the thing that annoyed me the most was Tierra and Jackie not wearing their seatbelts in the car properly >:|

Catherine for President.

Prologue

The preview showed shawn getting a letter on the day of the proposal. Wonder whats that about. Imagine tierra gets that far and leaves him that on that day.

Wes

venison crêpe
Catherine, Desiree and Lesley are in the final 4 for sure. Last one I can't guess because Tierra is a nuisance.

Just caught up. Poor Selma, shames her family then gets sent home.

Catherine, Desiree and Lesley are in the final 4 for sure. Last one I can't guess because Tierra is a nuisance.

Agreed on those choices. I hope Tierra is in the top 4 too. Makes things interesting.

Prologue

Interesting show tonight and next week seems to be loaded with tension.

Ashlee jumped to the top of my favorite list in less than an hour. I love the way she expresses her self about Shawn towards the end.

Wes

venison crêpe
They must've edited the hell out of Lesley's previous dates as in this one you knew he wasn't invested in her from the start of their one on one. So glad Tierra was ousted. I bet the letter is from her.

The preview for next week looked awesome! Des' brother not impressed haha. My pick would be Catherine.

Prologue

They must've edited the hell out of Lesley's previous dates as in this one you knew he wasn't invested in her from the start of their one on one. So glad Tierra was ousted. I bet the letter is from her.

The preview for next week looked awesome! Des' brother not impressed haha. My pick would be Catherine.

I'm thinking the letter is from Catherine. She cried when Shawn picked the other girl, claiming he has more in common with her. My guess is that she'll be in the final two and she'll get cold feet maybe.

Interesting show tonight and next week seems to be loaded with tension.

Ashlee jumped to the top of my favorite list in less than an hour. I love the way she expresses her self about Shawn towards the end.

Ashlee has definitely grown on me. Plus, she talked badly about another girl and did not get sent home?? The bachelor is making sensible choices for once?

Can't wait until next week with Des's brother. Sad that Tierra is gone.

Also what was up with Catherine's weird breakdown when Leslie eliminated?

"I've been gunning for second place all this time since I always believed Leslie's better than me. Now that I actually have a shot to win, I'm freaking out."

daemissary

"I've been gunning for second place all this time since I always believed Leslie's better than me. Now that I actually have a shot to win, I'm freaking out."

I think they were just friends, it seemed like every time they showed em back at the house they were hanging out.

Yeah I thought that was weird too. I agree with the poster above, they were probably just friends, but it still seems like an odd reaction.

Yeah I thought that was weird too. I agree with the poster above, they were probably just friends, but it still seems like an odd reaction.

It was odd to me because she thought her friend had the better connection with him. You would think having that defeatist attitude would cause you to emotionally check out and block feelings for the guy.

Wes

venison crêpe
So you really watch this ? Lol it has a rating of 2.5 on IMDB.

We're all allowed one TV vice we can't explain!

Desiree's brother was such a complete arse! I have to say, based on the hometown stuff, Lesley will be the bride. To me, their connection (and her age) seems a better fit for him than Ashley. Catherine third - if he wasn't sure about her at this stage he's surely not going to change his mind now to propose to her. I think her sisters probably screwed her a little there too.

I don't know, guys. Something about how they ended the episode makes me think Des will get the nod for the next Bachelorette. I know she came in 4th, but still. There's no denying the camera loves her and I think she'd be a good fit.

So you really watch this ? Lol it has a rating of 2.5 on IMDB.
Yep, something about it I find super addicting.

Not going to lie, good conversation starter with the babes in my class too. #WIN

We're all allowed one TV vice we can't explain!

Desiree's brother was such a complete arse! I have to say, based on the hometown stuff, Lesley will be the bride. To me, their connection (and her age) seems a better fit for him than Ashley. Catherine third - if he wasn't sure about her at this stage he's surely not going to change his mind now to propose to her. I think her sisters probably screwed her a little there too.
You mean Lindsay I assume, yeah? Something about her screams immature to me. It's definitely immature in a fun, sorority girl kind of way, but I feel like she wouldn't be ready to settle down at all yet.

Wes

venison crêpe
More I think about it, more I considr the letter to be from Des now. And yeah, she would be ideal for Bachelorette I would think.

You mean Lindsay I assume, yeah? Something about her screams immature to me. It's definitely immature in a fun, sorority girl kind of way, but I feel like she wouldn't be ready to settle down at all yet.

Woops, probably. The one with the General father who wore the wedding dress out of the limo. Something about her in the past two episodes has made me really think she's a contender.

He got rid of Des??? I'm genuinely shocked. She was the front-runner. And the only one with serious Bachelorette potential, IMO.

Of course, if ABC were really clever, they would bring Courtney back for Bachelorette. There's already precedent with a previous winner taking the role, she's smoking hot so guys wouldn't mind dating her, and she single-handedly made the worst Bachelor in recent memory into must-watch TV.

Doubt she will be the next Bachelorette. Usually the runner up or at worst 3rd place finisher is the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Sean was 3rd place in the Bachelorette, but normally the runner up gets the nod.

Usually, but not always. Ali was 4th on Jake's season and she became Bachelorette. Jake was also 6th on Jillian's season and he became the Bachelor.

Usually, but not always. Ali was 4th on Jake's season and she became Bachelorette. Jake was also 6th on Jillian's season and he became the Bachelor.

If Ashlee is the runner up then maybe Des would have a chance because lets face it I don't see a 32 year old getting the Bachelorette nod. Catherine is obviously going to finish 3rd, so it will come down to Ashlee and Lindsay. If Ashlee wins, Lindsay would easily become the prime choice for the Bachelorette. If he picks Lindsay, then that's where the toss up between Des and Catherine for the Bachelorette would come into play

He got rid of Des??? I'm genuinely shocked. She was the front-runner. And the only one with serious Bachelorette potential, IMO.

Of course, if ABC were really clever, they would bring Courtney back for Bachelorette. There's already precedent with a previous winner taking the role, she's smoking hot so guys wouldn't mind dating her, and she single-handedly made the worst Bachelor in recent memory into must-watch TV.

Courtney's name doesn't ring a bell, but I'm assuming you're referring to Brad Womack?

If Ashlee is the runner up then maybe Des would have a chance because lets face it I don't see a 32 year old getting the Bachelorette nod. Catherine is obviously going to finish 3rd, so it will come down to Ashlee and Lindsay. If Ashlee wins, Lindsay would easily become the prime choice for the Bachelorette. If he picks Lindsay, then that's where the toss up between Des and Catherine for the Bachelorette would come into play

The age is an issue, although Jillian was Bachelorette at 30. Still, I don't see Ashley as bachelorette either. Lindsay and Catherine don't seem to have that mass-appeal needed for the role and they're not as much of a fan favorite as Desiree. Lindsay comes off as a bit childlike and Catherine a bit too quirky. Besides, ABC don't let minorities headline this series.

It has to be Desiree at this point. I can't see Lindsay carry an entire show and Ashlee is too old.

Courtney's name doesn't ring a bell, but I'm assuming you're referring to Brad Womack?

I'm talking about last season with Ben Flajnik and Courtney Robertson who won the show.

I really can't see any of the final 4 girls carrying a show on their own outside of Des. She has the look, personality, everything that the producers seem to look for when they make their choice. I guess Lindsay could be a possibility if they wanted to play up the whole Army brat thing, but that'd be a stretch. Zero chance AshLee or Catherine get the nod.

Anyways, since I'm a nerd and I had some free time I watched that Sean special tonight and based on the deleted scenes that they showed, and the preview for the finale, I'm pretty sure I've figured out who the winner is going to be.

My theory (spoiler tagged just in case):

It's Catherine. As the deleted scenes showed, apparently her and Sean have been trading notes throughout the season (not sure why they never included this). The previews show Sean getting a note in the finale. The previews make it look like it's a bad thing, but I'm pretty sure they're just trying to swerve us. Almost positive it's Catherine at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom