• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Square Enix & Airtight (Quantum Conundrum/D Void) making AAA 360/PS3/PC game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that Quantum Conundrum wasn't the only thing they were working on together.

Kotaku said:
Seattle developer Airtight Games appears to be working on a second collaboration with publisher Square Enix, following last summer's lighthearted puzzler Quantum Conundrum.

The resume of a senior environment artist at the developer mentions an "unannounced AAA title" for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC for Square Enix. Lest you think this unannounced title is some mix-up referring to Quantum Conundrum, this artist joined Airtight in February 2012—well after that game's announcement—and his name does not appear anywhere on the Quantum Conundrum credits.

Rather, this Square Enix game seems to be Airtight's primary project—an "unannounced AAA title" it has been developing since the completion of work on Dark Void. The company's website describes this project as "another ambitious AAA title in a genre that is both unique and refreshingly unexplored."

Given the development timeline, Airtight's current AAA effort is likely a continuation of a project called Fate, a post-Dark Void project for an unnamed Japanese publisher which was temporarily placed on hold in April 2011 so that work on the game "could be reassessed." That decision resulted in much of the team working on Fate being let go. Assets from the time of the developmental pause suggested an aesthetic influence from BioShock, but the game has likely changed considerably since then.
Source: http://kotaku.com/5974545/the-fate-...ter-quantum-conundrum-and-more-gaming-secrets

Unless this is going suddenly be released soon, or will be ported to the next iteration of consoles, I don't understand making a multiplatform game now given the standard timeframe of two to three years for development.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Unless this is going suddenly be released soon, or will be ported to the next iteration of consoles, I don't understand making a multiplatform game now given the standard timeframe of two to three years for development.
It's been in development since 2009, actually, in the first version, and since 2011 with the second version. Imagine it'll be ready for release this year. I wonder if Square publishing Quantum Conundrum came out of this game.

Top Bottom