• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 26: Caramoan |OT| Fans (Recruits) vs. Favorites (Crazy People)

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
Survivor26logo.PNG

Meet the Cast (US only)
Meet the Cast (Youtube)

Eliminated Players

Francesca, Survivor: Redemption Island
francesca_hogi.jpg

Allie
allie_pohevitz.jpg

Hope
hope_driskill.jpg

Shamar
shamar_thomas.jpg

Laura
laura_alexander.jpg

Brandon, Survivor: South Pacific
brandon_hantz.jpg

Matt
matt_bischoff_0.jpg

Julia
julia_landauer.jpg

Corinne, Survivor: Gabon
corinne_kaplan.jpg

Jury

Micheal
michael_snow.jpg

Phillip, Survivor: Redemption Island
phillip_sheppard_0.jpg

Malcolm, Survivor: Philippines
malcolm_freberg.jpg

Reynold
reynold_toepfer.jpg

Andrea, Survivor: Redemption Island
andrea_boehlke.jpg

Brenda, Survivor: Nicaragua
brenda_lowe.jpg

Erik, Survivor: Micronesia
erik_reichenbach.jpg

Eddie
eddie_fox.jpg

Runners Up

Sherri
sherri_biethman.jpg

Dawn, Survivor: South Pacific
dawn_meehan.jpg

Sole Survivor

Cochran, Survivor: South Pacific
john_cochran.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ohhhhh that isn't the Erik I was thinking of. I was thinking of the guy from Russell's first season that got voted out

Dinosur

Would root for Brenda but she's either going to fake showmance with Malcom and get them both kicked off in their first tribals or Brandon is going to push her out because god doesn't want him to rape her.

And requisite captain obvious post to get it out of the way: Boy, CBS sure stretched the definition of "favorite" with some of those picks.

789shadow

Banned
Would root for Brenda but she's either going to fake showmance with Malcom and get them both kicked off in their first tribals or Brandon is going to push her out because god doesn't want him to rape her.

And requisite captain obvious post to get it out of the way: Boy, CBS sure stretched the definition of "favorite" with some of those picks.
Well, that's what happens when you hop on the returning players train: no one else can shine.

Effnine

brandon_hantz.jpg

Ughhhhh ..... wrong Hantz. Really hope he tones down the Jesus stuff this time ... unless he's just gonna provide the crazy again.

Jayhawk

A lot of attractive newbies this season. I just hope the sheer amount of crazies on the "favorites" side is entertaining and not overwhelming.

gotoadgo

Brenda's back
/drool

Also praying(lol)that Brandon tones down the Jesus stuff, the bible tribe from his season was so damn annoying.

Can't wait. Some great players are coming back.

Such as...? I'll give you Dawn, maybe, but none of the favourites were very good at the game. I don't remember the first FvF that well, but I'm pretty sure it had at least a few people who were known for strong gameplay, rather than being crazy.

Macka

The returnees are okay I guess. I mean, I don't like Phillip/Brandon/Cochran, but I've been resigned to the fact that they'd come back eventually, so it's good that we can get them all out of the way in one season. Francesca is a horrible choice though. No first boot, regardless of the circumstances of their boot, deserves to come back.

Lots of hotties on the fans side, and then we have Brenda/Andrea/Corinne to drool over as well :)

In terms of gameplay, Malcolm/Brenda/Andrea should deliver. Corinne too I guess.

Excited!

Ready to do this all over again.

Still against the concept of returning players in non- all-stars seasons, but I'll deal.

...........and #TeamBrenda, of course. Hopefully Brandon and Phillip are early boots just so that we don't have to put up with 50% of the show being dedicated to them.

Jangocube

Banned
Phillip, Malcolm, and Brandon should make this season interesting.

Hopefully Phillip and Brandon are still batshit crazy.

BowieZ

Banned
Look forward to one or more of Laura/Allie/Hope being complete throwaways!

The male eye candy is so disappointing. (Reynold might be okay.)

And the male "favorites" are actually horrifying.
Both Eddie and Reynold are pretty sexy in all video footage I've watched!
and I have watched closely...

whitehawk

Banned
Such as...? I'll give you Dawn, maybe, but none of the favourites were very good at the game. I don't remember the first FvF that well, but I'm pretty sure it had at least a few people who were known for strong gameplay, rather than being crazy.
These ones are appealing to me:

Survivor26logo.PNG

Meet the Cast (US only)
Meet the Cast (Youtube)

Cast bios up in just a bit.

Favorites

Brenda, Survivor: Nicaragua (Should have scrambled)
brenda_lowe.jpg

Corinne, Survivor: Gabon (Still not as mean as Randy)
corinne_kaplan.jpg

Dawn, Survivor: South Pacific (Your mom)
dawn_meehan.jpg

Erik, Survivor: Micronesia (The dumbest ice cream scooper to ever scoop ice cream)
erik_reichenbach.jpg

Cochran, Survivor: South Pacific (Gumby from GAF)
john_cochran.jpg

Phillip, Survivor: Redemption Island (Former Federal Agent?)
phillip_sheppard_0.jpg

Malcolm, Survivor: Philippines (Gets to lose Survivor back to back)
malcolm_freberg.jpg
Looking forward to it!

UberTag

Rudy Boesch is still alive and kicking at age 85. His wife, Marge, died about 4 1/2 years ago.

I believe Survivor Palau's Jennifer Lyon (who finished 4th) is still the only former Survivor castaway to pass away.

jennifer_lyon.jpg

14853__survivor12_l.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Y'know, I've actually never watched Season 1 of survivor. I was about 8 years old at the time and I didn't know about Survivor. My mom and brother got really into it so me and my dad joined in on season 2 and I've been hooked ever since.

I think I'll have to pick up the DVD soon. It's going to be interesting watching it, the players had never seen a season before to know how to play the game.

I think that Francesca is a favorite, as well as Malcolm who was on this before last season even aired, telling you everything you need to know about this season.

UberTag

Y'know, I've actually never watched Season 1 of survivor. I was about 8 years old at the time and I didn't know about Survivor. My mom and brother got really into it so me and my dad joined in on season 2 and I've been hooked ever since.

I think I'll have to pick up the DVD soon. It's going to be interesting watching it, the players had never seen a season before to know how to play the game.
It's a little unsettling watching older seasons compared to new ones with how little Probst commentary there seems to be during challenges and at tribal council.
There's so little of Jeff in Season 1 you'd almost think Richard Hatch was hosting the show.

I want to say this changed sometime around Season 5 or 6. And he's only gotten more entrenched in the gameplay ever since.

BowieZ

Banned
I think that Francesca is a favorite, as well as Malcolm who was on this before last season even aired, telling you everything you need to know about this season.
Francesca is indeed questionable, but I'm not sure your point stands... this season is basically "recent memorable players since the last Fans vs. Favorites that doesn't double up on people who haven't returned already since then (eg. in Heroes vs. Villains)".

That was the idea -- the same idea really as the original FvF. Some A-tier 'competitive' players, and a couple of controversial ones.

Malcolm is coming straight back like Russell, from Samoa to HvV (filming immediately afterward), and also like like Amanda and James came back a few months after China to their role in the original FvF.

My point is, based on the range of options, the contestants are pretty good. And I'm sure they're saving a few winners etc for Season 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom