• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

cj_iwakura

CoH2_English.png

http://www.gaijinworks.com

PSN Pricing, Physical Edition signup!

CoH2_rgb_sml.jpg

We're in the final stretch for Class of Heroes 2. The game's completed and ready for Sony Q/A and we've managed to negotiate a deal to release a Physical PSP edition that will include a digital download code as well if we can hit a minimum number of preorders.

The digital release of Class of Heroes 2 will be available on the North American PlayStation Network for $24.99. The European release still needs a PEGI rating, but we're shooting to get it out shortly after the North American release.

If we can pre-sell at least 2,500 copies of a Physical PSP version with a color manual, UMD with color disc label, and a digital download code, we can do a physical+digital combo version for $34.99, shipped to you. At this time, all we want to do is gauge interest in this offering, so if you want to purchase this version were it made available, sign up using the form below with your email address, your name, and the number of copies you want. As an extra special thank-you, supporters of our Deluxe edition Kickstarter that did not fund will get a special UMD label art that's different from the general run.

The PSP box art shown here is simply a placeholder. If the Physical version hits the 2500 unit threshold to become a go, three box covers will be put up for the fans pre-ordering to vote on. Whichever box art gets the most votes will be the one used for the physical release.

131989afd48ebc3fc6bb54bcf020177d.jpg

Some of you have asked about the game's production. The opening song and video is now fully in English and features a girl group fronted by a Working Designs veteran you'll recognize from LUNAR, Rayearth and others. We've also added a completely new closing credits sequence. The original Japanese version was just a text roll over a still picture and that just wouldn't do, so we improved it. The new closing really imparts a sense of accomplishment and nostalgia for the adventures experienced. We think you'll really like it.

We've made three new videos for you to check out. The first is the beginning of the game from when the player starts a new game until the first quest opens up. The second is campus tour that is the first "quest bulletin" in the game, and the last video is a tiny smidge spoiler-y as it references the first Class of Heroes game, but it shows a battle event and mini-boss battle later in the game.

If you're interested in the one-time preorder-only physical version, fill out the form below and hit submit (don't forget to verify your email address using the link you will be sent). THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL PREORDER. It's just a way for us to see if we should proceed with the preorder program. Whether you want a digital or a physical release, you'll soon to be able to play Class of Heroes 2 for yourself!

INTERNATIONAL FANS: You are welcome to sign up for the preorder program, but please note that international orders for a physical+digital version will cost $10 additional for shipping. Also, since the EU rating will not be done in time, the physical game will be the North American version and the digital code included will be for the North American PSN only.

Official game website http://www.classofheroes2.com

aab0542e2bead2fb6418eeb57a9061c2.jpg

Definitely the last chance.

Takao

Banned
Before anyone asks, this is just them gauging interest, you can't preorder yet just add your email to the list. The UMD pack will include a PSN code to play on Vita/PSP.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
In for one guaranteed...hemming and hawing over a second. I wonder if it's possible to bump myself up to two by re-signing up for two copies, or it that would just make the count completely screwy...?

urfe

Will do this. Had no money during the kick starter, but have money now.

In Japan though, so need to buy another Vita card, or find a cheap PSP.

Macstorm

I own a physical copy of every other English PSP RPG out there, so I'm on board. The Kickstarter only had 800 something supporters, so hopefully more people come out for this one. Having a digital code in with the physical copy is a great idea.

commmmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ebay scalpers

buy 10 each

future investment

Unfortunately yes. The Kickstarter campaign, which was a lot longer in scope, managed to rally 882 backers.

Well, we did our parts, I guess.

This is almost half the price of the kickstarter's physical edition (although without the goodies). It has a decent shot if the word gets out sufficently.

only really interested in a digital release of the game (as a huge Class of Heroes 1 fan-a rare bird indeed). I'm glad they are gauging interest and setting expectations up front about their ability to produce a physical release.

THERE WAS A KICKSTARTER!?

D:

Shoot, I missed that but I'm not missing this. Show me where to sign! ;)

Edit:

One and done. I really hope this pans out but damn, I would've been on top of that Kickstarter had I known it existed.

This is almost half the price of the kickstarter's physical edition (although without the goodies). It has a decent shot if the word gets out sufficently.

It's a rather different audience as well. This will be a 'normal' release, the other one was more of a collector's thing. Also the included digital copy as it is now is only added value for US customers really.

khaaan

I wasn't involved with the kickstarter (mainly because I didn't know this existed) but I'll bite for this.

Ramune

Didn't have the money during the Kickstarter run, but I gotta support this! In for 2 and plugging to friends!

commmmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ebay scalpers

buy 10 each

future investment

You know, sadly, that could very well happen if the state of eBay and Amazon are anything to go by. ¬_¬

Serious question: how did people not know of the kickstarter?

I've been fairly absent from GAF for the past few months, as my wife and I were in the midst of moving.

Been a fan of Vic's work since I was a kid, so missing out on a chance to, "help him out" on a project is a bit of a bummer. If I knew Gaijinworks were doing a Kickstarter, I would've most certainly sent a couple bucks their way! ;)

Bento

Do we have a date for the digital release? Monkey Paw said a while ago that they were "soon" ready to announce it but still nothing :/

frequency

I love that they're trying for a physical release again. I really hope this succeeds. I signed up for 1 for now, but may increase that for gifts.

I appreciate this so much, even if it fails, I may support vireland and Gaijinworks (is MonkeyPaw still involved?) and purchase digitally.

I love that they're trying for a physical release again. I really hope this succeeds. I signed up for 1 for now, but may increase that for gifts.

I appreciate this so much, even if it fails, I may support vireland and Gaijinworks (is MonkeyPaw still involved?) and purchase digitally.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

Also, for when Vic inevitably checks in: I hope you're feeling better! :)

(and two of the youtube videos on your page are listed as private and thus unviewable)

Signed up, but honestly 2500 copies seems like a high bar for this game. I'm not very optimistic here.
Yeah, same here. Wasn't NIS unable to get even 1000 preorders for a physical copy of the sequel to What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?

Ah well, I hope the lower price point and the inclusion of the digital version in the package makes a difference this time. I pledged to the Kickstarter and I'll do my part here.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Wasn't NIS unable to get even 1000 preorders for a physical copy of the sequel to What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?

Wasn't this about a UMD version of the first game after the digital version was released? It definitely wasn't about the second one because I have that on UMD.

Hobbun

Ok, submitted.

Would love to have a physical copy, but will still be purchasing the digital if they don't get the 2,500.

Top Bottom