• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA starring Sonic, Mario, and SpongeBob - and more wonders of Kenyan pirated hacks

FoneBone

The Gameological Society (the AV Club's gaming site) has an amazing look at some of the stuff that can be found in markets in Nairobi.

M4B4qXD.jpg

5bDjGgV.jpg

9SMr1nE.jpg

8nTHJqn.jpg

More at the link - and more info here, including screenshots of some of these hacked versions.

Meanwhile, the website of Syrian Games, publisher of most of these knockoffs, has even more insanity:

isZgmtU.gif

HaXdsZ5.gif

Much, much more at their site - I haven't had time to look at anywhere near all of it.

Lijik

aloneinthedark.jpg

I love the ones where the new cover job run completely opposite to the title

EDIT- Holy shit their Pepsiman boxart might be even more out of left field than the ACTUAL PEPSIMAN
pepsi_man.jpg

pepsi_man_alt.jpg

I bow down to these nu-dadaist overlords

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Before 2013, this box art would have just been brushed off as a common error but now, it seems the Kenyan pirates are prophets who have foreseen JJ Abrams:

startrekinvasionjpgda.jpg

Lijik

Before 2013, this box art would have just been brushed off as a common error but now, it seems the Kenyan pirates are prophets who have foreseen JJ Abrams:

startrekinvasionjpgda.jpg

Looking forward to the Mask superhero reboot and Sega eventually securing the Tony Hawk brand
tumblr_mhtd1slAWz1qejutxo10_400.jpg

San Andreas Kirk Douglas? Bwahahaha, is it just like that episode of Torchwood where the Roman pops up in the middle of Cardiff? :lol

cacildo

So this is just crazy box art and the games are the same or do they hacked the games to make something really interesting?

Top Bottom