• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima @ GDC 2013: Talk focused on FOX Engine workflow for Ground Zeroes

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Update 2 & 3:

Live Stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/new (Alt link)

Metal Gear Solid V trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuJ2q3uBYI (Upload by Wario64)

-----

Update: There's gonna be a live-stream in about two hours.

------------

February 13, 2013 | By GDC Staff
On the last day of the early registration deadline, Game Developers Conference 2013 organizers have announced a special lecture from Konami's Hideo Kojima, who will publicly show his division's FOX Engine in detail for the first time, via demonstrations of the development process and workflow behind Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Teased last August, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is set to be an open-world spin on the Metal Gear saga, built using Kojima Productions' FOX Engine, and targeting Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

In the sponsored session entitled 'Photorealism through the eyes of a 'Fox' - The core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (Presented by Kojima Productions),' he and his staff will share the key components and unique methods used to create the visuals seen in Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Demonstrations during the tech-focused talk will center around the FOX Engine lighting system, character realism, environmental changes, graphics techniques and explanations, and the FOX Engine tools.

Via Gamasutra.

Looking forward this session.

Mr. RHC

With Rising out next week looks like they will start promoting Ground Zeroes.

vB9B5.gif

Can't wait to see what they will do with the Fox Engine in terms of PS4, nextBox, Wii U.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome. Kojima said we'd be hearing more soon. Hopefully we get some more details or a trailer before then.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This might be a good opportunity to mention that the early bird discounts end in just a few hours: 11:59pm EST. Just in case someone hasn't bought a ticket yet.

pricesgdclwk51.png

Also just for a bit more info on the topic, here's the entry from UBM's page:

Photorealism Through the Eyes of a FOX: The Core of Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (Presented by Kojima Productions)
Hideo Kojima | Corporate Officer (EVP), Contents Officer, Director of Kojima Productions, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Hideki Sasaki | CG Art Director, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Masayuki Suzuki | Lighting Artist, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Junji Tago | Technical Director, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Date: TBA
Time: TBA
Format: Lecture
Vault Recording: TBD
Track: Design

Join Hideo Kojima and the Kojima Productions staff as they demonstrate and explain the workflow and development process of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes on the Fox Engine. This session will mainly cover the key components and unique methods Kojima Productions utilizes in the graphics arena to create visuals seen in METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND ZEROES. Participants can expect an overview of topics such as asset creation and rendering techniques used in the next METAL GEAR SOLID. Enjoy the session as Kojima Productions unveils the FOX Engine for the first time.
This will certainly be entertaining even though this particular engine doesn't excite me much more than Unreal Engine 4 for example. Shame it's only design for it would be nice to know a bit about AI and QA as well. Or well, maybe they'll talk about a wide variety of Fox Engine's features. Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing more.

With the launch of Rising nearby, the curtain on Ground Zeroes can finally be lifted. Really curious what the link between GZ, The Phantom Pain and MGS5 is.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
This engine is alo for PC right? I want to hear something about that.

Yeah, FOX Engine is intended to be multiplatform. Ground Zeroes was presented running in PC hardware on par with consoles like PS3 and 360, according to Ken Imaizumi.

AAK

Rösti;47678691 said:
This might be a good opportunity to mention that the early bird discounts end in just a few hours: 11:59pm EST. Just in case someone hasn't bought a ticket yet.

pricesgdclwk51.png

Are those prices per person?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima extends MGS: Ground Zeroes GDC session, will show game

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will be shown during Hideo Kojima’s GDC ’13 session, along with his studio’s FOX Engine. Originally, Kojima was only going to show off the engine, but thanks to an extended slot, he is showing off more of the game live.

CVG reports that Kojima’s sessions – titled, ‘Photorealism through the eyes of a ‘Fox’ – The core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes’ – has gone from 60 to 90 minutes.

fans_war_face5jxo9xk1n.gif

BadWolf

^Awesome.

Not sure if I want to watch though, don't want to see too much of the game before I actually play it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice excited to see what the fox engine brings to next gen.

That said without David Hayter returning, the franchise will die for me.

Top Bottom