• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 PC Performance Thread

Sethos

Banned
Now I can't post that much information yet. I just played the game and the performance isn't stellar ( Read: Runs like ass ) based on the first level - Everything on Very High with only 2x SMAA and there's some significant dips into the 30s on a SLI 680 setup. So let's get this sucker running beautifully and I will update the OP as tweaks and information pop up.

Nvidia users, remember to get the latest 314.07 WHQL Drivers.

This is the GeForce Game Ready driver for Crysis 3. It delivers a smoother gaming experience, improves single GPU performance by up to 5%, and boosts SLI performance by up to 65%

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-314-07-whql-drivers-released

NOTE: To unlock the game early, use FlyVPN and use a Korean IP.

How to change the FOV:

CHANGE FOV

To change the FOV do the following.

1 Copy your system.cfg (can be found in the root catalog)
2 Rename the new copy of system.cfg to autoexec.cfg
3 Open it in notepad
4 Delete the text in it and copy in the following

cl_fov 80
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 80
r_drawnearfov 80

You can change the fov to whatever you like by just changing the numbers.

List of Console Commands - Lots of juicy tweaks, make sure to check it out.

GHG

Gold Member
From early reports it seems like this will be Crysis 1 all over again. Custom configs that get everything running smoother without compromising on the visuals are needed ASAP.

From early reports it seems like this will be Crysis 1 all over again. Custom configs that get everything running smoother without compromising on the visuals are needed ASAP.

You wonder if Nvidia pays them to keep it unoptimized in hopes that people buy new hardware.

DieH@rd

Banned
Its worth noting that few weeks ago Crytek jumped from Nvidia to AMD Gaming Evolved initiative. Radeon owners will not get left behind this time [crazy tessellation of square bricks and similar shit].

Xdrive05

On the mp beta, turning the shaders down to High gave my 660 TI the biggest performance gains. With everything else being equal (on Very High), the difference between shaders on High and Very High was probably 40% frames... something crazy like that.

Would love to know if the SP is the same.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Eh, I think for this one I'm going to settle for a rock solid 30 fps at the highest details (using the half refresh rate option).

That's what I ran in the beta. In order to hold 60 fps without slowdown I had to knock a lot of the details down pretty far. Thanks to the excellent motion blur available in CryEngine it still looks great at 30.

Eideka

Banned
So the SLI scaling is still shitty, Sethos have you tried running the game with one GPU ?

I wonder how my GTX670 will fare, I plan on maxing out the game at 1080p/FXAA.

I will certainly have to tone down a few settings, the shadows surely.

What Resolution are you running the game at?

Hoping I can max the game out at 1080P with a steady 30 FPS with one OC EVGA GTX 670 4GB/ i5-3570K card. Beta ran at about 40 FPS on average maxed although using TXAA 4X. Would love to play at 60 FPS but I really want to see all the new visual effects and such that Crytek have implemented.

Addnan

Playing the first level and it either dips to 30 or stays at 60. Nothing in the middle or less. It's either 30 or 60 with everything high, 4x smaa 1080p.

Will play with the settings later to getting something that stays closer to 60 constant.

3570K @4.6, GTX 670.

Edit: now on v.high. Similar performance.

XOMTOR

Problem with making a game that "will melt PCs" is that guys like myself will simply wait a few years in order to play it "properly" while getting it for $5 during a sale. I'm a patient man and my backlog is big.

Eideka

Banned
nvidia-geforce-314-07-whql-drivers-crysis-3-performance-chart-650.png

Seems reasonable, 4xMSAA impacts performance massively, FXAA/SMAA will do it for me. As long as jaggies are greatly reduced I can stand a little bit of blurryness.

kharma45

Its worth noting that few weeks ago Crytek jumped from Nvidia to AMD Gaming Evolved initiative. Radeon owners will not get left behind this time [crazy tessellation of square bricks and similar shit].

Yeah was glad to see that.

On the topic of driver improvements AMD's 13.2 Beta 5 sees a Crossfire performance improvement of 40% as well it bringing a 50% improvement when 4x and 8x MSAA are enabled on all set ups.

Moff

on 1080p, with 2xAA and everything on medium I still got some serious dips into the 30s with my GTX680 in the first level
I dont think it was much worse with everything set on high though

GHG

Gold Member
Nvidia wants everyone to buy up the Titans.

I guarantee that the performance will be much better with the next driver release.

cackhyena

Playing the first level and it either dips to 30 or stays at 60. Nothing in the middle or less. It's either 30 or 60 with everything high, 4x smaa 1080p.

Will play with the settings later to getting something that stays closer to 60 constant.

3570K @4.6, GTX 670.
This is my setup as well. Notch a few things down and I'll be fine enough.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
As long as I can get a stable 30FPS at 1080 with Ultra settings and maybe FXAA with my trusty GTX670OC.... I'll be happy.

Addnan

Should we not be seeing performance difference between ultra and high? Getting similar performance on both. Jumping between 30 and 60.

brogan

Neo Member
Looks like it's pretty demanding. The only GPU to run this at a +60 avg. FPS is a 690? Absolute madness. Although, hopefully a further driver update improves things.

When are the 700 series GPU's expected to launch?

Cryostasis finally has competition for worst performing game ever.

Was so excited to finally play that game at 60FPS with all the fancy DX10 features after upgrading my rig in October. First game I installed and everything. Ran the game at about 25 FPS with random moments where it ran like it should ;-;

delta25

Banned
Now I can't post that much information yet. I just played the game and the performance isn't stellar ( Read: Runs like ass ) based on the first level - Everything on Very High with only 2x SMAA and there's some significant dips into the 30s on a SLI 680 setup. So let's get this sucker running beautifully and I will update the OP as tweaks and information pop up.

wait, what.... two 680s and you get drops in the 30s. The fuck crytek.

TWO 680!!!!!

Looks like it's pretty demanding. The only GPU to run this at a +60 avg. FPS is a 690? Absolute madness. Although, hopefully a further driver update improves things.

When are the 700 series GPU's expected to launch?

My 690 is READY, I just need my key from GMG

legacyzero

Banned

3570K @4.6, GTX 670.
Nice! That's my setup too. I don't feel so bad now.

Top Bottom