• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warby Parker – $95 for prescription glasses, home try on, free shipping in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

i4v7cP59fO6TL.gif

So, according to this thread about purchasing prescription glasses online, there are still many people that don’t know about this. The best thing about it is probably the home try on option. It may seem dumb to have a thread dedicated to one company, but many people in that thread had questions about lens quality, and other options. I figured it would be really helpful to those wanting to buy new glasses.

What is Warby Parker?

jbr7NIBoFYrhfS.png

Also, thanks to everyone that provided this discount code. Some say it does $10 off, others say it allows free shipping. idk

Don't forget to use promo code TMOS to get $10 off.

I've heard great things about them. I plan on getting my next pair of glasses from them. Also considering getting contact lenses, so I'll grab some sunglasses as well, they have some nice styles.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I hope this thread doesn't get closed for being borderline advertisement. I honestly just want to help people out. My dad spent like $240 on his glasses from costco, and the quality is absolute shit. Having an affordable option like this has been amazing.

I need new lenses this year, but I'm not really feeling any of their styles. One or two are nice so maybe I'll try the home delivery try on thing just for kicks.

bro1

Banned
I own one pair and love them. Wife and I ordered 2 more. They are a bit more expensive if you need thin lenses.

Darknight

So I use contacts but would want to buy some glasses to use in the morning since I feel my eyes are too tired sometimes when I wake up and just irritate my eyes when I put on the contact lenses.

So can someone tell me how this works if you buy online? Say you buy the frame online, then you go to an eye place, get an eye exam and then order lenses to be made for the frames you bought online? How much are lenses for frames anyways? Normally the frames are the really expensive part if I remember correctly.

So I use contacts but would want to buy some glasses to use in the morning since I feel my eyes are too tired sometimes when I wake up and just irritate my eyes when I put on the contact lenses.

So can someone tell me how this works if you buy online? Say you buy the frame online, then you go to an eye place, get an eye exam and then order lenses to be made for the frames you bought online? How much are lenses for frames anyways? Normally the frames are the really expensive part if I remember correctly.

http://www.warbyparker.com/inquiries/#prescriptions

I'll have to give these a look. I'm really unsure as to what kind of glasses would look good on my face and I want to get some glasses after my next eye exam, which will probably be next month. I haven't had glasses in over 10 years. I've gotten by on just contacts.

giga

Eh. I don't see any mention of crizal, transitions, polycarbonate, hi index,etc...If they are only selling basic CR 39 lenses the price makes sense. And if that is all they sell if you are pushing +-3.00 sphere or +- Cylinder you're gonna be in for some thick lenses.
Click lenses in that link to see that they are polycarbonate with a high index option.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Alright, so I know taste is subjective, but "all" those frames? Nah.

This. There was enough variety with the home try on that I got. Two of the frames looked horrid, two looked really nice.

There really isn't a way to say that all of them are bad, unless you have some obscure face shape.

Konka

Banned
This. There was enough variety with the home try on that I got. Two of the frames looked horrid, two looked really nice.

There really isn't a way to say that all of them are bad, unless you have some obscure face shape.

Well I can see how they wouldn't excite you if you tend to prefer the sports direction like Oakley's.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

I have a pretty good idea about what kind of frames look good on my very pale, very round face. They have a hell of a lot more of those kind of frames than other places.

I'm sad I missed out on getting the pink frosted glasses when they had them. :(

sk3

Banned
It's the budget glasses site for hipsters. Ugly frames and 3x the price. PERFECT!

Just go to zennioptical.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It's the budget glasses site for hipsters. Ugly frames and 3x the price. PERFECT!

Just go to zennioptical.
Oh.

I kind of expected this type of response. I suppose if preferring how WP glasses look to the ones on the other site (and I do) makes me a "hipster" so be it.

I wasn't impressed with the selection of Warby, I saw a much better selection on Zenni. My gut keeps telling me there has to be a horrible catch and that those prices are way too good to be true.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will be buying from WP within the next month. In need of new glasses. I will be trying out their 'home try on' program before purchasing though. Might buy a second pair from Zenni as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom