• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 RSX GPU is 1.8 TFLOPS, PS4 GPU is 1.84 TFLOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrax

PS3:
GPU: RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Source

PS4:
GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.

Source

The RAM is faster, but it is possible that the PS4 GPU is not a big jump at all from the RSX in the PS3?

Yes I have already read Duante's awesome hardware thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515265

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That RSX flop number is complete marketing bullshit. It's actually around 250 gflops.

PS4 is legitimately 1.84tflops, nearly 9 times as much in raw performance and is more efficient on top of that. It's an enormous improvement.

CLEEK

You can't compare Nvidia FLOPS with AMD FLOPS.

Especially seeing as NVidia's reported FLOPS for the RSX were outright lies. I would love to see their working on how they came to that magical number. Actually, I wouldn't, as the page would stink, because they'd plucked the figures from their ass.

That RSX flop number is complete marketing bullshit. It's actually around 250 gflops.

PS4 is legitimately 1.84tflops, nearly 9 times as much in raw performance and is more efficient on top of that. It's an enormous improvement.

Yea Sony really messed up with that claim. And who can forget dual 1080p 120fps in 3D.

Sigh.

That's why i love the new Sony so much more. They are completely up front about the specs in the PS4, and they are talking with developers directly. They're giving them all they need. Plus it's so much easier to develop for.

It's exciting stuff.

artist

Banned
The RAM is faster, but it is possible that the PS4 GPU is not a big jump at all from the RSX in the PS3?
hyde-laughing-o65d7n.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The 256mb of GDDR3 in the Ps3 is Actually 16gb of GDDR5

This man speaks the truth! I've seen die shots from this guy in a white van, and I can spot the 16 JiggaBites.

demolitio

Jesus, we have to deal with this shit for a whole year?

If the PS4 happened to have a flux capacitor, it'd be 100x more powerful than this generation by my completely hypothetical and sensational sources. :D

Too much jumping to conclusions going on.

baphomet

PS3 being 1.8TF was either some dividing by 0 math or complete bullshit.

I'm leaning towards being complete bullshit.

Yea Sony really messed up with that claim. And who can forget dual 1080p 120fps in 3D.

Sigh.

That's why i love the new Sony so much more. They are completely up front about the specs in the PS4, and they are talking with developers directly. They're giving them all they need. Plus it's so much easier to develop for.

It's exciting stuff.

Well, minus all the "supercharged" lingo.

And despite all the excitement new consoles bring, I really did not miss the meme-trotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom