• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard showing new thing @ PAX East that isn't sequel, expac, new MMO, or announced

They'll be unveiling an entirely new game.

Escapist said:
"We've been working on a little something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to be the first to see it. It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on," Blizzard said in an invitation to come and see something new and exciting at this year's PAX East in Boston, which will take place between March 22 and 24.

PAR said:
You’ll have to excuse this somewhat short update to our original post, but Blizzard has confirmed that they will be showing something interesting and new at PAX East. I asked a Blizzard representative if the invite was to see and play DIablo 3, and I was told this is something different.

“As mentioned in the invite, this is a little something, different from what we’ve previously announced or talked about, and not a sequel, etc,” I was told. I also confirmed that Diablo 3 will be at PAX East, but again, this is something different.
Source: http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...ing-something-new-and-interesting-at-pax-east

hayguyz

Banned
hmmm I'm just gonna guess that it will be stuck in development for 7 years, be always online, and have some form of monetized transactions

Skab

"We've been working on a little something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to be the first to see it. It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on,"

Yeah that sounds like All-Stars

Not really related to the main topic, but has any other information about booths/panels been released? I feel like the only things I've seen are the band lineup, the indie showcase, and the fact that Cliffy B and Blizzard are gonna be there. I feel like around this time last year we had a slew of info. I liked having time in advance to prioritize events and stuff my group wanted to play.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And that fits the description of "Entirely new game" ?

Well, if we read what they actually wrote in the invite, they don't actually say it's a new game.

"We've been working on a little something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to be the first to see it. It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on,"

All they say is it's "a little something", "different from our other games", and "that you'll be the first to see it".

My personal inclination would be BAllS, but I could see some slimey PR person twisting D3 PS3 to fit this.

sammich

Isnt it Starcraft Heart of the swarm trailer or something? I got an email about it yesterday.
Heres the first line:

Tune in tomorrow for the World Premiere of the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm “Vengeance” trailer at 12 PM PST, exclusively on Twitch TV.

antitrop

Isnt it Starcraft Heart of the swarm trailer or something? I got an email about it yesterday.
Heres the first line:

Tune in tomorrow for the World Premiere of the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm “Vengeance” trailer at 12 PM PST, exclusively on Twitch TV.

You missed it, bro. That was yesterday. It's already up on YouTube.

Sethos

Banned
Well, if we read what they actually wrote in the invite, they don't actually say it's a new game.

All they say is it's "a little something", "different from our other games", and "that you'll be the first to see it".

My personal inclination would be BAllS, but I could see some slimey PR person twisting D3 PS3 to fit this.

That's pretty clear to me that a Diablo 3 console version is not "Different from our other games", that's just Diablo with a controller.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's pretty clear to me that a Diablo 3 console version is not "Different from our other games", that's just Diablo with a controller.

Well, Penny Arcade put it to rest regardless:

PAR said:
You’ll have to excuse this somewhat short update to our original post, but Blizzard has confirmed that they will be showing something interesting and new at PAX East. I asked a Blizzard representative if the invite was to see and play DIablo 3, and I was told this is something different.

“As mentioned in the invite, this is a little something, different from what we’ve previously announced or talked about, and not a sequel, etc,” I was told. I also confirmed that Diablo 3 will be at PAX East, but again, this is something different.
Source: http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...ing-something-new-and-interesting-at-pax-east

It also means it's not BAllS if they're not lying since they said it hasn't been announced or talked about.

Dinda

Make it an Single Player RPG not set in a Medievel Fantasy World and it might be the first Blizzard Game i'm interested in since Warcraft 2.

eot

Banned
PAX is a curious place for them to announce a new game when they have Blizzcon. I'm betting it's a console title.

mikeGFG

Banned
its definitely something nobody wants, like a social network for blizzard games or the official diablo 3 boss bestiary on iOS or diablo 4.

Top Bottom