• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crayon Chronicles Kickstarter - $5k goal - every pledge gets the game

ringlord

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/900438563/crayon-chronicles

There's a limited $1 pledge level, otherwise you'll have to pony up $2 for the game. High price, I know!

It's a cute looking roguelike. Only a $5k goal since the game is mostly done already. PC only for now, but they mention Mac/Linux as a potential stretch goal.

Developed by ex-Shiny, ex-Gas Powered Games dude.

I have no connection to this game other than finding a mention to it somewhere and being a backer.

Doesn't quite have the charm of Crayon Physics but I guess it's trying to communicate a lot more. Which makes the choice of art direction all the more confusing really. Oh well glad to see a modest Kickstarter.

FnordChan

They earned my dollar just for opening their video with "INTROS ARE LAME HERE'S SOME GAMEPLAY!"

FnordChan, happily throwing in a buck

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Seems too limited, will try in a $1 bundle if it's got decent reception.

What's the money for if it's only 2-4 hours long and in that style?

Edit: oh, so it's basically complete and they need the money for polish, marketing and, um, setting up a storefront? Okay...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Try using exclamation marks with the capital letters and f word, I find it makes people even more aware of how silly you're being just because someone doesn't care about something as much as you want them to. I like how you judge my generosity based on this, because you totally know my life, income and what causes I may volunteer and donate to. Never mind theirs. Make sure that you pledge 10x the amount you had in mind just to make up for horrible people like myself.

Game is already funded. The kickstarter said its gunna be $3 when it comes out. Honestly I'd rather just buy it when its released so the money will be profit for the developers instead of having to go towards the game.

ringlord

Try using exclamation marks with the capital letters and f word, I find it makes people even more aware of how silly you're being just because someone doesn't care about something as much as you want them to. I like how you judge my generosity based on this, because you totally know my life, income and what causes I may volunteer and donate to. Never mind theirs. Make sure that you pledge 10x the amount you had in mind just to make up for horrible people like myself.

Look at my response, then look at yours. It's obvious who's being silly. Some people just like to shit on stuff, I get it.

Game is already funded. The kickstarter said its gunna be $3 when it comes out. Honestly I'd rather just buy it when its released so the money will be profit for the developers instead of having to go towards the game.

Now this is an attitude I can agree with.

Top Bottom