• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Anime on Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besiktas1

My brother wants to know what's the best amine to watch on Netflix instant? Not ghost in the shell. He's seen it.
Could we make a top 5 or something.

Depends on what you like.

I thought Ouran Host Club was great but then so is Gurren Lagann and they couldn't be more different from each other.

Eusis

Baccano.

Bonus in that the honorifics make the subtitled version unpalatable anyway given the setting (which is better left in English ANYWAY.)

EDIT: FUCK THEY DELISTED IT. And I believe you can still watch that on Funimation, oddly enough.

Well, there's still Mushi-Shi.

Capitan

Why on netflix, considering how easy it is to find them elsewhere? also, then you're not limited to dubbed, which can be kind of a crap shoot.

Makoto

It's a shame. Netflix and/or anime distributors have pretty much let the licenses run out on a ton of good anime that used to be on Netflix (not surprising since anime distributors are making a push for their own on-demand service). Shows like Gurren Lagann, Monster, FMA:B, Baka and Test, Baccano, Trigun and the entirety of the GitS catalog they once had are no longer available. Even the first season of Clannad is nowhere to be found despite After Story being up there for months.

Eusis

Why on netflix, considering how easy it is to find them elsewhere? also, then you're not limited to dubbed, which can be kind of a crap shoot.
That admittedly is a reason I haven't gone through more through streaming, kind of annoying the options usually aren't there for multiple voice tracks. But like said it's fine in some cases, Baccano an extreme I feel.

Slavik81

There's lots of great anime on Netflix... If only they had language options.

I swear I've seen language options for some films, so the lack of them for anime confuses me.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crunchyroll is also horrible for anime. I subbed for a month and I can't find half decent shit there

LuffyZoro

Giorgos Katidis

31713_nazisalute.jpg

Apath

Speaking of, how do you view categories for Netflix on the PS3? I wanted to check out their anime selection but had absolutely no way of finding it.

Trin

Well, I tried to check if they had Tatami Galaxy on Netflix, but the only thing that came up was Sex Galaxy. So there's that.

At least it's still free on hulu, but commercials :\

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Highschool of the Dead
Afro Samuari
Samuari 7
Witchblade

Was gonna recommend Monster, and then I checked what is available now on streaming anime. lol where the fuck did everything go?! Pretty sad list.

jgmo870

Banned
Hulu has Baccano, Darker than Black, and Steins;Gate subbed and dubbed for free.

Crunchyroll has the subbed version of Durarara also for free.

Netflix's pickings are... slim. Especially if you like language options.

Eusis

What sort of "elsewhere" are we talking about, here?
Crazily enough, this actually has plenty of legitimate answers, IE Funimation directly for Baccano... though they may go for Hulu, so the simple answer could just be "Hulu", and I think a good chunk of Crunchyroll's output can be watched without a subscription, just not in HD or anything.

Bururian

You can watch this on Hulu and Crunchy Roll, dunno if it's on Netflix, but...

Tsuritama. ALL DAY LONG. My favorite anime of 2012.

Hulu has Baccano, Darker than Black, and Steins;Gate subbed and dubbed for free.

Crunchyroll has the subbed version of Durarara also for free.

Netflix's pickings are... slim. Especially if you like language options.

Thanks for the heads up on Hulu's anime selection. Been dying to watch Steins Gate.

Samurai Champloo.

Samurai Champloo is all you need.

Samurai Champloo
Last Exile

used to be gits, now you have to settle for champloo. it's excellent.

I enjoyed Samurai Champloo.

looks like Baccano! is gone for now. : (

Definitely check out Samurai Champloo.

Samurai Champoo. The only anime that could arguably be better than Bebop.

epmode

I like FLCL a lot but that English dub is pretty awful. It helps to know a little bit about the genre before you watch it, though.

On the other hand, it's only 6 episodes.

edit: Oh, delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom