• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi - Indicud - OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
1364322493_cudiarttt.jpg

Release Date -
04-16-2013

Vinyl Release -
04-30-2013

Tracklist-
1. The Resurrection Of Scott Mescudi
2. Unf***wittable
3. Just What I Am f/ King Chip
4. Young Lady f/ Father John Misty
5. King Wizard
6. Immortal
7. Solo Dolo Part II f/ Kendrick Lamar
8. Girls f/ Too Short
9. New York City Rage Fest
10. Red Eye f/ Haim
11. Mad Solar
12. Beez f/ RZA
13. Brothers f/ King Chip & A$AP Rocky
14. Burn Baby Burn
15. Lord Of The Sad And Lonely
16. Cold Blooded
17. Afterwards (Bring Yo Friends) f/ Michael Bolton & King Chip
18. The Flight Of The Moon Man

Singles -
Just What I Am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGbP_kTM4CA

King Wizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvU3urYQgI

Immortal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Exbswa1QQk

iTunes Pre-Order Link -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/indicud/id626561637

Vinyl Pre-Order Link -
http://www.myplaydirect.com/kid-cudi/indicud-vinyl/details/28167210

Snippets -
http://atrilli.net/2013/04/snippets-kid-cudi-indicud/

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just here for that Michael Bolton feature. Dude must be hungry enough to lay down a few bars of pure savagery.

A bit early for this thread, but I am looking forward to hearing the album. I've liked every single thing that I have heard from it so far.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Lets be real, MotM 2 was hot garbage.

Reveofev, Marijuana, Mojo So Dope, Erase Me, Mr. Rager, and All Along are all great tracks. It wasn't as good as the first MotM, but it was good. I still like his mixtape the best though. WZRD was shit.

Looking forward to giving this a listen while blazed.

Ashhong

Reveofev, Marijuana, Mojo So Dope, Erase Me, Mr. Rager, and All Along are all great tracks. It wasn't as good as the first MotM, but it was good. I still like his mixtape the best though. WZRD was shit.

Looking forward to giving this a listen while blazed.

As am I. I look forward to your inevitable post in our special thread =P

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Lets be real, MotM 2 was hot garbage.

Your opinion is hot garbage.

MoTM2 is a great album. I wouldn't disagree with anyone who thought is better than his first.

The dark, moody production, Cudi's vocals, the whole concept, etc. Is just very well realized.

As for WZRD, it was short and had some amazing songs like Dream Time Machine and Teleport 2 Me. I only remember disliking one song, which was the awful Dr. Pill.

Foshy

Could anyone link me some of his songs that are considered good? What I've heard of him sounded pretty much terrible, I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Having seen the animated cover art for Lil Wayne's album, I think I would respect this album's covert art a little more of it was animated.

Sucks that you can't actually save animated gifs as album art on iTunes etc, though.

I would also post something relating to his good looks but GAF-Hop is watching me.

I have already done enough damage to myself. :lol

Maximus.

Your opinion is hot garbage.

MoTM2 is a great album. I wouldn't disagree with anyone who thought is better than his first.

The dark, moody production, Cudi's vocals, the whole concept, etc. Is just very well realized.

As for WZRD, it was short and had some amazing songs like Dream Time Machine and Teleport 2 Me. I only remember disliking one song, which was the awful Dr. Pill.

So true. I dont understand how some people hate motm2. It is dark, his lyrics are real and he does amazing shit on it. It was a real good successor to motm1. Each album has a vastly different feel to it. His mixtape is carefree and fun, motm1 is leading you through his mind and it is in a dream state with the beats and tone. Motm2 was made when he was in a real dark place.

WZRD was an interesting experience, but doesnt hold up at all compared to the other albums. It does have some great tracks though that I really do enjoy.

He really is underrated, which sucks, but at least he doesnt conform to the general pop.

He really is underrated, which sucks, but at least he doesnt conform to the general pop.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is underrated. He definitely has a HUGE following and he actually does very well in his first week sales.

As far as MoTM2 goes, at first I rated it higher than MoTM1 but after re-listening to both albums recently, I can safely say that the first is leagues ahead of 2. I feel as though MoTM2 was a lazy project by him: his words are more slurred, too. But, the production on the album is pretty good.

Maximus.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is underrated. He definitely has a HUGE following and he actually does very well in his first week sales.

As far as MoTM2 goes, at first I rated it higher than MoTM1 but after re-listening to both albums recently, I can safely say that the first is leagues ahead of 2. I feel as though MoTM2 was a lazy project by him: his words are more slurred, too. But, the production on the album is pretty good.

The reason I said he was underrated is because in interviews with Billboard and Complex he gets asked about how he should be bigger, but isnt. He has a big, strong and loyal fanbase, of which I am a part of. I would just like to see him get awarded for his awesome work more, but I feel that he is shrouded by all these other rappers who arent as real as him.

Motm1 has more energy and excitement, which it should because it was his first official album. The second album again was made to be more real and grounded in what he was going through at the time. He was in a dark place and made the album represent what his life was like during that time. He was fucked up. His vocals were different, but I think his lyrics from motm2 are sick. He was more adventurous with the production, Ghost! being a highlight of something real different.

I feel that each album is a different project and that they shouldnt be compared. Each one has a significantly different feel and he constantly changes the way he does his shit. No album is the same as the other.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
MOTM was like this:

space100-hubble-bean-nebula_22169_600x450.jpg

MOTM2 was this:

Black-Hole-s-Galaxy-M64-space-3031378-520-584.jpg

Both amazing in their own way. One's a colorful adventure that takes you through many beautiful places while the other is dark, serious and has a continuously oppressive atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom