• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanic: Honor and Glory IndieGoGo

Thought gaf might be interested after all the hubub lately about games with violence in them and shootbang. Saw it this morning linked at crydev.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titanic-honor-and-glory-phase-2

Has a story mode mystery.´and a free wander and informative mode meant for educational purposes. Does not look half bad and could be a good change of pace from the average PC game.

Also... the main game lead is some sort of reenactor or something?

Some images:
20130316134458-622685_535555763124028_657553557_o.jpg

20130217041207-68487_551949794817958_137853524_n.jpg

Forsete

Gold Member
I remember seeing some videos of a Titanic mod for Crysis 2 (I think it was), is that related to this?

As someone who likes history and has read a bit about Titanic I would like to see this completed.

Updates:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titanic-honor-and-glory-phase-3

Our project is a unique one. We are attempting to recreate a moment in history by pushing today's current technology to its limits. With advanced models, concepts, and a cutting edge game engine, we are virtually rebuilding the entire RMS Titanic, the world's most famous ill-fated ocean liner.

In our game, you'll be able to explore the ship inside and out. You can access every room, corridor, cabin, and pantry, with as much interactiveness as we can achieve. A tour mode is available where the player can simply explore everything at their leisure, but the main focus of the game is the story mode.

Beginning in the city of Southampton, England, which is being recreated on a large scale and with as much accuracy as our ship, the player is on the run from the police. He's accused of a terrible crime, but most importantly- he's innocent. He must pursue the true culprit, requiring the player to find a way onto the Titanic just before it departs.

Playing through all five days of the voyage talking to passengers, gathering clues, and unraveling a grand mystery all while trying not to get discovered, the hero, Mr. Robert Morgan, has no idea that his whole world is about to change. When Titanic collides with an iceberg in the middle of the North Atlantic, the player must race the rising waters to complete the mystery, prove his innocence, and, most importantly.... survive.

FREE ROAM MODE, where the player can wander around the ship, the docks, and the city of Southampton with no objectives, minimal crowds, and no time limits.
STORY MODE, where the player must live in the confines of 1912 society and work to clear his name of horrible crimes, for which the police are chasing him. In the end, as the vessel begins to sink in real-time, the player must work to finish his mission before it is too late.

Ship sinking in real time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6XGv8ddTI

HighresScreenshot00004.jpg

Saloon1.jpg

PaulloDEC

Wow, didn't even realise this had become a proper game; I remember seeing screenshots and video back when it was just a Crysis mod. Looks incredible, needless to say.

Latest phase is asking $250,000... seems pretty ambitious, as does their intent to create a detailed chunk of Southampton in addition to the (vast) ship itself.

I would have a panic attack if I played this. Absolutely gorgeous game though and I hope they get the funds they need to complete the project.

_woLf

I really like the concept of this game, but I really can't find myself throwing $50 at an indiegogo campaign. They should make a $25 tier that includes the full game.

In a way i feel a bit ripped off as i backed the KS for this what, 3 years ago now? We were promised an early access demo but that never materialized and now theyre looking for 250K on IGG. I just get horrible visions of feature creep in this game. First it was just the Titanic, now its Titanic & Southampton, then the engine swap to UE4, now i hear they making a model of one of Titanics sister ships too. I hope they get it made finally, and i hope they reach their goal, but man, seriously, get a fuckin project manager to stop all this feature creep before we really DO get Nude old Rose DLC and the game takes another 4 years to see the light of day

So they originally asked for $20k back in 2013 and received it, and now they are asking for $250k now? Talk about a major miscalculation. The environments look really nice though, maybe James Cameron can angel fund this.

But honestly, something like this with Rift/ VR support could be interesting. Imagine being there in VR during the sinking of the Titanic.

So they originally asked for $20k back in 2013 and received it, and now they are asking for $250k now? Talk about a major miscalculation. The environments look really nice though, maybe James Cameron can angel fund this.

But honestly, something like this with Rift/ VR support could be interesting. Imagine being there in VR during the sinking of the Titanic.
I would buy a VR headset just for this game. Have always been a titanic fanatic since I was young. Hope this game does come out, looks fantastic from the videos.

I would buy a VR headset just for this game. Have always been a titanic fanatic since I was young. Hope this game does come out, looks fantastic from the videos.

VR should be easy to implement since they are using UE4. That could be a big draw in for them to have a life sized recreation of the Titanic viewable on a VR headset.

Top Bottom