• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jett Rocket II (3DS eShop)-First Teaser Trailer

Jethro

Jett Rocket II - The Wrath of Taikai on the 3DS eShop is Shin'en Multimedia's upcoming sequel to the popular WiiWare title, Jett Rocket. Considering the impressive bar that the original set on the Wii service, and the high standard of Shin'en's games to date, this is certainly one to watch.

While we've already seen some rather nice looking screens (scroll down to see them), Shin'en has now given us an exclusive first look at its new teaser trailer. Naturally we're sharing it here with you, and this one sets the tone for the story — including a suitably deep-voiced narrator.

Currently scheduled for a Q3 release, check out the video below and let us know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Md56IBhBU&feature=player_embedded#!

Credit goes to Aostia:

from the Ideame topic:

- There are three different kind of levels: 2D levels, 3D ones (inspired by Super Mario 3D Land) and - racing levels.
- The game will have about 7 2D levels, 4 3D ones and 4 racing levels.
- Jett Rocket can jump and Roll to defeat enemies or discovering secret paths.
- You can also use the jetpack to levitate for a few seconds.
- There will final bosses. For example, in the demo there was a giant robot that attacks you with a circular saw and laser beams after sending waves of deadly cyborg piranhas.
- You can collect points to unlock new levels, power ups or extra lives.

GAMEPLAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodvL...yer_detailpage

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

from the Ideame topic:

- There are three different kind of levels: 2D levels, 3D ones (inspired by Super Mario 3D Land) and - racing levels.
- Jett Rocket can jump and Roll to defeat enemies or discovering secret paths.
- You can also use the jetpack to levitate for a few seconds.
- There will final bosses. For example, in the demo there was a giant robot that attacks you with a circular saw and laser beams after sending waves of deadly cyborg piranhas.
- You can collect points to unlock new levels, power ups or extra lives.

GAMEPLAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodvLEIQRlo&feature=player_detailpage

Brofield

That reminds me I should still download the first off WiiWare.

And when I skimmed the first post I thought it said Wrath of Gaikai, lol

zroid

Banned
Nice combination of 2D and 3D platforming, and it seems like it has a good pace to it. I can get over the art style.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Some very talented coders and programmers at Shin'en being weighed down by not having very talented artists and game designers.

VanWinkle

Looks cool, but looking at that level count is rough. If its cheap enough I'll still get it but that's a very little count of content.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Jett Rocket II ft. Bland McExpected.

The game lolle good though.

CoolS

SO I'm probably the only one who thinks they improved their art a bit compared to previous games, right?

Feels like I've been waiting forever to play this. On a side note, I wish there was another way to play the first one again. I've already retired my old Wii. :/

Hoping this gets released in Japan too, looks fun.

Also, they posted on twitter that they have 2 Wii U games, maybe, showing up this year. Exciting.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Visually it looks pretty close to the Wii game, that's pretty impressive, even if it won't be as full 3D roaming and more overhead even in the 3D levels.

I think they managed to make the character design worse though, he looked cuter previously.

serplux

Hoping this gets released in Japan too, looks fun.

Also, they posted on twitter that they have 2 Wii U games, maybe, showing up this year. Exciting.

Maybe Nintendo will take a look at how much support the Wii U eShop is getting over here and how little support it's getting in Japan and make publishing easier over in Japan.

watershed

Banned
My only hope, as with all Shin'en games, is that the gameplay lives up to the graphics. It looks a little slow with the platforming at the moment.

Apenheul

My only hope, as with all Shin'en games, is that the gameplay lives up to the graphics. It looks a little slow with the platforming at the moment.

I know what you mean, I have that in particular with Shin'en and WayForward. But in the case of Jett Rocket you can do much worse when craving a 3D platformer. I thought it was above-average (the original), its core mechanics were really polished but the levels didn't do much for me.

mclem

Looks great, but...

...this sounds *really* short. Okay, it depends how big a 'level' actually is, but still...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Shin'en, please PLEASE hire better designers... the art is so bad, but your programming is so good....

This, plus level and game designers, I would love them to use their tech as a graphics engine for 3DS devs, Nano Assault looked amazing, played great too.

they are great for Shooters and Fast was great, I would like then to provide the Tech for the new F-Zero and have NLG design the gameplay.. that would be awesome

Davey Cakes

Looks great, but...

...this sounds *really* short. Okay, it depends how big a 'level' actually is, but still...
Well, think of Mighty Switch Force on the eShop, which is an action/puzzle/platformers that (I think?) only featured 15 levels upon release. It eventually got free DLC but that's beside the point.

Depending on price, 15 levels seems like a fair amount of content. Maybe Shin'en will do DLC as well.

Top Bottom