• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chronophantasma - console release date announced + new characters

Source is Famitsu

The game releases October 24th, for PS3 in Japan.

New playable characters:

• Kagura Mutsuki (VA: Keiji Fujiwara)
  • Yuuki Terumi (VA: Yuuichi Nakamura) [preorder bonus DLC]

*As a reminder, the existing new characters from BBCP Arcade are Azrael, Bullet, Amane and Izayoi, so this expands the cast by 6 characters from Continuum Shift Extend so far.

Edit 1~2 - minor gameplay details
  • Kagura is a charge character with a DP and a projectile only. He gets access to more moves by using his Drive, which is a stance.
  • Terumi's Drive makes it easier for him to build Heat. His specials and supers are confirmed to be different from Hazama's, and he has more super moves than specials.

Edit 3
The news is on Famitsu's site now with a better look at the art/screens.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201304/18032031.html (copy&paste)

Sol Badguy wants his sword back.

Edit 4
The interview with Mori about BBCP is out.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201304/24032350.html

This guy provided some translation:
Kaz@Twitter said:
Kagura can go into different stances in neutral, crouching, and in the air, which he can cancel into different moves.

But he has to go into stance each time to use the cancel moves. So I guess it's kinda like mist finer?

Terumi only uses Uroboros during specials. His normals are mostly punches and kicks with short range.

Mori says Terumi might be easier to use than Hazama.

Tutorial mode's divided into several sections: easy, intermediate, hard, etc

They're respectively narrated by (to quote Mori) "an amateurish girl," "3 girls," "a NOL operative," and finally "hime-sama."

I'm guessing it's Noel, Platinum, Jin, and Rachel? Mori says they get harsher as you progress lol

Also Kagura and Terumi will have challenge modes. No Yun/Yan bullshit

Also network mode has some overworld thing where you can have your avatar walk around and chat/challenge people.

And there's the usual player match/ranked match options for people who don't want to deal with that stuff

Avatars are 2d sprites. Dunno if/how they're customizable yet?

Also Mori's hinting at a secret game mode. Whatever that is

The page still says ps3 only. Guess they've given up on xbox?

Oh my god new characters? Ahhhhhh need screenshots now.

Christ though, October 2013 .. in Japan? So 2014 release date for the rest of the world right?
Ugh

Sandfox

Do we know what the difference between Terumi and Hazama is? Is it his true form or just a special version of Hazama?

Korigama

Who the hell is Kagura Mutsuki? Stop dicking me around, ASW.

Jubei, Kokonoe and Nine 4 life
Since his name is the old Japanese for January, apparently another one of the Duodecim (the 12 prestigious families associated with the NOL, Jin and Tsubaki representing two of the others).

EDIT: A bit late. Kagura is still an odd name for a guy, though.

OceanBlue

Eh, wish it was sooner, but at least we have a Japanese release date now. Lol, hopefully we don't get massive delays that get the game released right after EVO.

TreIII

As I said in the other thread...

These new characters sound nice...but...Kokonoe and Jubei. How much longer are they going to sit on these guys?

cj_iwakura

Wow, that is one hell of a wait.

I hope we're talking simultaneous US release.

And plenty of time for Kokonoe and Jubei.

Oh my god new characters? Ahhhhhh need screenshots now.

Christ though, October 2013 .. in Japan? So 2014 release date for the rest of the world right?
Ugh
Wow fuck those guys lol!
I'm all about busty witches with pink hair.
Who isn't?
Do we know what the difference between Terumi and Hazama is? Is it his true form or just a special version of Hazama?
This guy wears yellow iirc.
Kagura Mutsuki is
the head of Mutsuki family of the Duodecim. She's mentioned in a few of the arcade modes and is plotting a rebellion against the NOL.
Since his name is the old Japanese for January, apparently another one of the Duodecim (the 12 prestigious families associated with the NOL, Jin and Tsubaki representing two of the others).

EDIT: A bit late. Kagura is still an odd name for a guy, though.
Screw this dude. I want my flatchested beastkin nuclear scientists.
He. Keiji Fujiawara definitely would not voice a girl, haha.
Top tier avatar

Kagura Mutsuki is
the head of Mutsuki family of the Duodecim. She's mentioned in a few of the arcade modes and is plotting a rebellion against the NOL.

Yeah, the kicker is he's apparently male.

He appears to have a huge weapon made of black metal. Hard to tell if it's a sword or a scythe-like crowbar. Wears a loose/open-chest gi top with a black/gold mantle(red on the inside), and black pants. Has an oversized uhh pirate belt.

'Hazama' is a body Relius made for Terumi to occupy, IIRC. This would presumably be the real deal.

Busaiku

I think you guys should be more optimistic.

Aksys doesn't have anything lined up for Q3/Q4 yet, so they'll probably want to get this out.
If it's released afterwards, it'll be lost amidst the new console launches, so they'd probably want to get on it sooner.

Naite

Damn that's a long time away. At least we don't have to worry about a different iteration for this year.

Kagura's a feminine name, so that's probably why.
Is it really? I know I've mostly seen female characters with the name but I've seen a few male characters with it as well.

But she's dead :D
6f0846a4-6362-47d9-aac8-742f64c9ad74_zps245ea21c.jpg

Is anyone going to complain?

I haven't played one of these games since Continuum Shift, and I haven't played the story since the first one (though with the first one I beat it, got everyones ending etc etc). Has this shit gone off the deep end or would I be able to follow along with the story if I get this whenever it comes out? Can I just read a wiki summary somewhere?

Top Bottom