• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Do I have to play the original to understand the story in this game?

I'm thinking about getting this, but I have't played the original.

PJFJosh

Do I have to play the original to understand the story in this game?

I'm thinking about getting this, but I have't played the original.

You do not, the original is explained right at the beginning of the new game. Our (spoiler free) review will be up at noon.

Sethos

Banned
A flurry of 8/10 and 9/10 incoming - Like most games. Oh and a 7/10 just so that site sounds extra critical and gets a few hits.

Foshy

Destructoid

7/10

Metro: Last Light is a disappointment in several respects. That simply has to be said. Its design painstakingly addresses criticisms of Metro 2033 to such an overzealous degree that it actually undoes many of the things 2033 was praised for.

However -- and it's a big however -- Last Light is also a fine game on its own, and if we're to judge it without the shadow of 2033 looming overhead, we can say it's a game packed with structurally sound combat, a rewardingly fluid narrative, and an atmosphere that runs the gamut from intriguing to chilling.

As a default experience, Metro: Last Light is a good game that forgets why Metro 2033 was a great one.

DigitalOp

Banned
Is the first Metro critically acclaimed? Should I go back and play it? I remember reviews being average but public word saying it was great.

Nilaul

So apparently only the ranger mode gives us a true survival horror feeling of the first game, and good AI. Dam it.

So how does the PC version fare? I could care less about a 7.2 PS3 review from ign....

GAF I know you have review copies, what do you think?

So how does the PC version fare? I could care less about a 7.2 PS3 review from ign....

GAF I know you have review copies, what do you think?

I reviewed the xbox version but I also received the PC version. It will nix my negative comment about the framerate on consoles at times, thus probably rated just a bit higher then.

Bricky

I'm kinda worried now that some of the reviews say the game has become basically a more generic version of the game Metro 2033 was.

Gonna wait for the reaction of Metro 2033 fans to this before I buy this I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom