• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has enough time passed that we can talk about Are You That Somebody's laughing baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
i1imbei1COvmi.gif

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zc7f0jedM

I swear, when this song originally came out I never noticed the laughing baby that's featured prominently in the beat. Now I can't unhear it.

What the hell?

Nerd alert: there was actually debate over where that specific baby sample came from for a few years.

Authentic Sound Effects Vol 8, released on Elektra in 1964. Track? "Happy Baby."
728411.jpg

Nin_Fan

Sorry for the derailment but did you notice the Godzilla roars in the background of Ginuwine's "What's So Different" from around the same time?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How could you not know that was a baby?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That beat is incredible. Too bad timberland can't rap worth a damn

Timbaland as a producer was on a different level back then.

Nope still too soon.

AAAAAAAAAAAaliyah!

Sorry, we can close this up then if it is too raw still.

How could you not know that was a baby?

It's not that I didn't know it was a baby, I just never heard it. I blame whatever shitty speakers were on my TV when watching TRL circa-1998.

I noticed it the first time I've heard it. Didn't think much of it since Aaliyah is that great. One of my absolutely favorite R&B artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom