• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN compares PS4/Xbox1,forgets a thing called GPU

sTeLioSco

Banned
comparizozon.jpg

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Comparison_Chart

Just because ms decided to ignore that their console has a gpu,doesn't mean the ps4 doesn't have either. The official ps4 pdf has basic specs ( unlike ms) so they should atleast try to look unbiased and included that with something vague from ms....

ridiculous. only console reveal with no specs for the gpu and journos play microsofts game.

TrutaS

the coloring is a little biased...

That is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I is too evident to be called a mistake on their part. It automatically makes the perception that the PS4 is loosing in everything no matter the content in there (which actually has no meaning when you read it).

Overall it is one of the most biased comparisons I have seen in the videogames media today.

Foshy

Live Streaming should be "Yes" on PS4. They showed it off at the reveal, for fucks sake.

Same for used game fee on Xbox. "Maybe", lol

munroe

Instead of moaning about it, why not just flag it up with IGN:

"This wiki page is temporarily restricted to moderator edits only. See a feature you'd like to see compared on this list? Please flag the page and let a wiki moderator know -- and send a link so we can source it!"

Drencrom

Everyone knows that you shouldn't use green and red like that if you're not comparing the columns, people's immediate reaction is that the PS4's specs are worse because of that when they're not.

Just bollocks

What exactly is "biased" here? They're just stating facts that everyone already knows about, right?

Look at the color scheme

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What exactly is "biased" here? They're just stating facts that everyone already knows about, right?

tzare

wow, amazing comparison, really journalism is a difficult job and needs only well prepared people

lacks information already known, like GPU, like Playstation app for other devices, and the colour choice could lead to misunderstanding things. Maybe

snap0212

Coloring (red seen as something bad, green as something good... it's how most people would see it), leaving out "bad" information and marking it as TBA on one side while not mentioning "good" information and marking it as TBA on the other.

It basically does not include everything we know and people assume information has deliberately been left out in MS's favor (streaming has been announced with PS4, for example, but isn't shown).

RetroStu

Banned
No one knows what GPU the Xbox has for certain though, in fact no one knows what GPU the PS4 has for certain. No need for fanboy witch hunts.

Top Bottom