• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Xbox mistakes sarcastic XBOne tweet for real tweet, uses it in promotions

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So yesterday during the big reveal Twitter was a blazin'-

RHBgFdb.png

...and apparently Xbox used the hashtag to search for positive promotional buzz. Oops.

XLNZhSq.png

Z6kzZQm.jpg
CihYay9.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So so bad.. I almost feel bad for them. Then I remember how hard they are fucking consumer rights.

GulAtiCa

hahaha. This just gets better and better.

I really hope Microsoft sees all of their screw ups now, so they can fix them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
:lol

This is wonderful. With each story that comes out I think, "How worse can it get?" and then something comes out a half hour later that is actually worse.

emb

Amazing. This, plus the Xbox Support Twitter trying to backpedal on DRM... it seems so sloppy.

Regardless of what their plans/policies are, they know these are hot button issues. They should really clarify with all of their marketing/press/social meida/etc exactly what message they're trying to get across and what they can or can't talk about.

drexplora

seems Microsoft has faller for that 3rd console curse!
Thing went well at Microsoft these past 2 gens in terms of gaining a user base.
Just like Sony with the PS3 they got cocky lol.

Coolwhip

Banned
Twitter is dangerous.

A cynical bastard like Orth on Twitter ruins his career.

A professional user on Twitter isn't cynical enough to realise people are dicks :D

It's usually a safe bet that when someone uses the phrase "THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY" outside of an infomercial, they are being sarcastic.

Top Bottom