• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blacklight: Retribution PS4 E3 trailer

Cidd

I think the game is great but that trailer really sucked. Glad Sony is giving these guys another platform to make some cash.

Raide

Pay to win? Still, its free and coming to nextgen so that alone is already awesome.

By the way, is this TPS?

Massively Pay 2 Win. They had some interesting ideas with loaning certain weapons over time but eh PC version is filled with people dripping with elite gear. Going in as a new player is damn terrifying and not fun at all.

At least the PS4 version will have a clean slate but they need to fix their unbalancing issues on the PC first.

Kingdom Hearts III

424674_589787341041931_920646817_n.jpg

link:

http://coinarcade.org/2013/06/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-leaked-before-sonys-e3-conference/

Seanspeed

Banned
Plants vs Zombies free-to-play ---> end of the world.

Playstation 4 game free-to-play ---> looks interesting, Sony love!

Anyways, this looks awfully generic and not very 'next-gen' from the trailer alone. This is a PC game? I'll have to look up some stuff about it. I'd be interested in some free-to-play stuff for those times in-between proper release games.

Fonz72

Massively Pay 2 Win. They had some interesting ideas with loaning certain weapons over time but eh PC version is filled with people dripping with elite gear. Going in as a new player is damn terrifying and not fun at all.

At least the PS4 version will have a clean slate but they need to fix their unbalancing issues on the PC first.

I beg to differ. You can earn enough "credits" after one match to rent a high level weapon for the day. At the end of the match there are usually several people in the top 5 using the base assault rifle. I've never had much of a problem being competitive with the base weapons and gear.

Ploid 3.0

Man this system will be my dream system. Currently playing 4 ftp games and love them.

Put Neverwinter, Rift (somehow), Tera (easily), and Path of Exile??? on it and wow. Come on sony.

I can play these games on my PC but I guess I'd like native controller support for neverwinter. The city in Neverwinter runs so bad on my pc though.

Ryoku

Good luck going through the menu. One of the most confusing and noisy menus of any game I've played to date. That said, the game itself is alright.

Atomski

The microtransactions in this game are super bad. You pretty much rent weapons unless you want to pay a shitload.

Its kinda fun though.. if you like mindless COD like shooting with mechs thrown in.

Orayn

Blacklight: Retribution, to me, is a less generic, more interesting take on the basic template of CoD. (4 onward) It's definitely worth a look if you enjoy that kind of game.

Military check

Gray check

Passing on. Check

The levels are not just gray and have some saturated areas and neon highlights.

Fonz72

Anybody who is being scuured away by this trailer should go Steam, download the game, and give it a try.

Ta-da! No half-baked assumptions based on a lukewarm trailer.

Top Bottom