• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 - PS3/360/PC/PS4/XB1 (and not Wii U) - Lebron on the cover

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Announcement video here

Was announced today don't think theres a thread for it. Game is out October 1 for PS3/360/PC and available at launch for both PS4 and XB1.

No Wii U version - 2K Sports will not publish NBA 2K14 for Wii U. "We are not doing a Wii U version this year," Argent said. "The decision was made internally that our resources would be best put toward making a really amazing current-generation and next generation game, and we did not want to take resources away from making a great experience on those platforms."

fH2kCpRl.jpg

Madness

Not really a huge fan of LeBron but I like the cover, the overlay face is a bit weird though.

No Wii U version is just sad at this point. Fifa isn't coming either right?

NO WII U!!!!

System is dead...

"We are not doing a Wii U version this year," Argent said. "The decision was made internally." Argent added studio didn't have enough resources to pursue a Wii U port while also developing for next-generation consoles. Though next-generation and current generation versions of NBA 2K14 will have "some overlap," they will be "distinct."

EDarkness

Damn, I was really hoping for a Wii U version since last year's version had some serious server issues. Talk about getting no love. :(

weevles

I skipped 2013 this year and now I want it back. :p

But srsly, if the features are improved and the game is good, I'll put up with that cover.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Hopefully miami will lose to the spurs and they change the cover to hands down, head low, and facing the other way Lebron

dezzy8

LeBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!

About time they put him on the damn cover. I would love to see how good the PS4 version is going to look.

weevles

Damn, I was really hoping for a Wii U version since last year's version had some serious server issues. Talk about getting no love. :(

Well, realistically, the current and immediate future user base for Wii U is not as big as anything else at the moment, so it doesn't make financial sense to throw resources at that version of it.

EDarkness

Well, realistically, the current and immediate future user base for Wii U is not as big as anything else at the moment, so it doesn't make financial sense to throw resources at that version of it.

Maybe so, but last year's version for the Wii U wasn't that good. I was hoping that they'd improve on it and bring it up to speed. I guess they figured they'd just give it up completely. Kind of a bummer.

steveovig

I guess the U has its own generation now officially. I don't like the idea of them not doing a U version. Take a chance especially considering the system will probably start selling more by the end of the year. How can they do next-gen versions of this and not a U version? Do they have a crystal ball that says both of those systems will sell millions and millions and millions?

Top Bottom