• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator 5's Plot Leaked? And...it's kind of awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think it sounds pretty cool, actually. Makes sense that the machines might try to cut off the Connor bloodline even earlier since they failed with John. They can't go too far back since that lessens the impact it has.

Would watch.

Old but this was new to me:

One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination."

Good lord...

SJRB

Gold Member
The only way this could be good is if Jon Hamm is playing the Terminator and he's in full Don Draper mode.

One would think that someone this important would be known through out the family... I don't recall Sarah every being like "OMG, He looks just like Joe, the family's protector from 40 years ago!"

I'll probably watch T5 just because. I loved 1 & 2 and ... gasp .... 4 as well. Three had cool parts like when they dragged him through a building, but all in all it wasn't good.

Verendus

Banned
You know what would be a good plot for Terminator 5?

Arnold as the protagonist, but not as a Terminator. Make him old. Set it in the future even, before the production of his Terminator model. Make The Rock the Terminator or another protagonist who can be the main opposition against a new Terminator model alongside Arnold. But, I think it would be a nice change of pace to make Arnie human.

There is a story in there somewhere, I'm sure. I'll work out the finer details later, when I can be bothered.

Also, for the jabronis hating on The Rock, shut up!

Aselith

A man with an Austrian accent protecting someone in the 40's?

Sounds plausible.

America has been a melting pot for all of its existence, why wouldn't it be? Frankly, the earlier you go into American history the more likely it is that there could be someone with a strong accent.

I've said it previously on here, but why do they keep doing the same thing over and over? They have an entire universe with time traveling killer robots, or a future set war with killer robots, and yet every movie is "we gotta kill John Connor!"

Aside from numerous logical problems, like Skynet kidnapping Kyle Reese to lure John Connor into their clutches when all they needed to do was shoot Kyle in the fucking head.

How did the machines even know Kyle was going to be John's father?

Sounds miserable.

Series should have ended after T2 (though some are going argue after the first one).

Only dumb asses.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Nothing was wrong with T-4's "plot" though. It was the delivery.

tumblr_lxqnkpSS8v1r9gfl9o1_400.gif

It was already explained, but you couldn't be more wrong.

As a huge Terminator fan, the supposed plot is remarkably inoffensive. I would see it and maybe be kinda excited for it.

The big problem with the Terminator-series for me is that the continuity is especially stupid when there seems to be no rules.

Reboot the series and set up some ground ground-rules like the spacetime continuum being so frail you can't travel to the same period of 20 years once you've went there once

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There are so many good stories you could do but going further back into the past is just stupid. If they would just have the balls to ignore T3 and Salvation like we all want them to do then we could finally get the T2 Future War film we all want. Instead everything has to fit with the two shit sequels and we all have to suffer.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The big problem with the Terminator-series for me is that the continuity is especially stupid when there seems to be no rules.

Reboot the series and set up some ground ground-rules like the spacetime continuum bei g so frail you can't travel to the same period of 20 years once you've went there.

This is why the first movie was the best in this area. That movie made it clear that the time machine stuff was destroyed after Kyle and the first terminator went through. The war was also apparantly over at that point, and the terminator being sent back was simply a last stand since skynet had already lost. Then they completely messed that up for ths sequel, even if it was arguably a better and more enjoyable movie overall.

Solo

Sounds miserable.

Series should have ended after T2 (though some are going argue after the first one).

There might be an argument to be made that T1 is the better film, but there is NO argument to made that T2 shouldn't have been made. I don't care if its essentially a T1 remake with a higher budget. It's also one of the absolute god-tier entries to the action film genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom