• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

antitrop

DXzZsoH.png

Original Mortal Kombat OT by fernoca, 4/12/11 <- Still relevant and detailed.​

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on Steam is the PC port of the Mortal Kombat reboot (commonly referred to as MK9), released for 360/PS3 in 2011.

BK72l8v.png

The Info:
-----
  • Developed by NetherRealm Studios and High Voltage Software
  • Published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • $29.99 USD
  • Available from Digital Distribution (Steam) on July 3rd, 2013 and at Retail(lol) on August 6th, 2013 (Aug 2nd in EU)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237110/

Capture.PNG

This PC version includes all of the previous console DLC including Skarlet, Kenshi, Freddy Krueger, and Rain, as well as 15 Klassic Kostumes.

330yb9e0.gif

Screenshots:
-----
Courtesy of Alo81 from the 2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
mkke_2013_07_03_14_13_18_23_by_alo81-d6btwl3.jpg

mkke_2013_07_03_14_12_41_05_by_alo81-d6btwll.jpg

mkke_2013_07_03_14_46_38_62_1_by_alo81-d6bufbb.jpg

Reviews:
-----

PC: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition/critic-reviews

Capture.PNG

Trailers: (360/PS3)
-----

System Requirements

Minimum:
-----
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz | AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz or better
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS | AMD Radeon 3850 or better
DirectX®:10
Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.

Recommended:
-----
Processor:Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4GHz or better
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
Additional:Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0c and below not supported.

iPZyLtxUQb2Ip.jpg

Steam Icons:
-----
Take your pick.

MK9 / Mortal Kombat 9 / 2011

eg4Skci.png

xIdi61l.png

BUe0btw.png

PwXi0Is.png

3kS7VVx.png

NUhnwA2.png

czExZqw.png

cTuAxa3.png

CmFL1Bo.png

BQwUedE.png

ClJfL9p.png

qjPl0Hz.png

How to set custom resolutions:
-----
Code:
C:Users*YOUR USERNAME*AppDataRoamingMKKEoptions.ini

The maximum resolution you can use is your highest 60hz resolution. So set the resolution in the options.ini to the 60hz resolution you want.

Now, before you actually launch the game set your desktop resolution to the resolution you input in the .ini file. If you don't it'll just launch in 1920x1080.

After all that, you should be golden.

Jyorwvb.png
Ls85q.png

Mortal Kombat 4 - Jax Ending

Huge thanks to Afro for the header artwork and the Steam icons!

Seik

Banned
Will probably buy since I'm a sucker for everything MK, but I'll wait for a deal\sale.

I gotta ask though, why the MK4 Jax ending? :p

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm not saying that Freddy doesn't fit into the MK universe.

I'm just saying there's about a hundred other fictional characters I would've picked before him.

Pingween

I'm really considering buying this game... again... for the third time, but I'll wait for a sale...
but maybe it will help for a future KOF XIII and Injustice for PC?

edit: hows the net code? I heard the multiplayer is region locked

What the hell is MK, why did I buy this...

Supporting Fighting games on PC! I hope I really get into this game, I enjoyed Injustice enough... always been a Street Fighter guy.

Now if we could only get Skull Girls........

Afro

The environmental sound design is too good. For those of you playing with a nice pair of headphones/speakers, do yourself a favor and turn the Music slider down to 0 and the Ambience to 100.

I can honestly spend hours going through each stage in Practice mode and listening to all the little details they throw in that are easily missable with the music drowning everything out. In Subway, for example, you can hear the fluorescent lighting fixture buzzing away from above and can sometimes hear a sewer rat scurrying around in the darkness.

Another good one is Shang Tsung's Garden at night. If you just stand there are listen you can hear about a dozen different types of insects and animals in the surrounding area including crickets cacatas, frogs, an owl, etc.

/soundnerd

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Holy fuck, this game looks nice maxed out and downsampled just a tad (didn't want to risk having too much input lag). Netcode seemed okay. About how MK felt on 360, really. That's not much of a compliment, but it's good enough to casually play with friends. Of course, I was playing with someone I usually have a good connection with. He lives in California and I'm in Virginia, but somehow we always have a pretty smooth experience.

Add me if you want to play some matches. My friend and I will probably set up a KOTH room later this week. www.steamcommunity.com/id/jbourne37

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Annoyed I can't get it working in glorious 2560x1440 :( Anyone else running it above 1080p ? I wanna see Jade and her.. assets in all their glory.

Ballistyx

Banned
Seems to be a really great port so far. Does the sound of the story mode between match cinematics sound far more compressed than the consoles versions to any one?

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Have you followed the directions in the OP exactly?

Yeah course, my desktop res is always 2560x1440 @60Hz too. The game just loads I can hear everything but the screen is black. It's obviously running but can't see anything/

Edit: Well shit, set it back to 1920, 1080 in the options.ini and same problem occurs.

.ini currently reads as follows:
[Video]
resolution = {1920, 1080}
antialiasing = 6
blend_antialiasing = 0
anisotropy = 16
max_texture = 4096
shadow_size = 2048
brightness = 0.500000
contrast = 0.500000
gamma = 0.500000
configured = true
[Audio]
device_hash = 0xFFFFFFFF
steam_voice = true

Hyped as fuck to play this when I get back from my mini 4th of July vacation. Watched some videos as I had totally missed this when it came out on consoles and it was amazing. I havent played MK since like the 4th iteration. 2560x1600 with DS3 at the controls all up in my face.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Success! Got it working, seemed like I just had to run it another time before altering settings >_<. Glorious QHD less go.

Valnen

I want this but I can't help but feel that without the console exclusive character it's not the complete game.

fleck0

Man this is great, story mode is amazing, only played 2 quick online matches but didn't have any slowdown or lag that I noticed. Is anyone else using a 6-button arcade stick? I'm still not 100% settled on a layout yet - I'm switching between

FP BL FK
BP SW BK

and

FP BP FK
BL SW BK

Nabs

Oooh, so that's how you disable voice chat. Nice.

Yeah course, my desktop res is always 2560x1440 @60Hz too. The game just loads I can hear everything but the screen is black. It's obviously running but can't see anything/

Edit: Well shit, set it back to 1920, 1080 in the options.ini and same problem occurs.

.ini currently reads as follows:

Khezu

The inclusion of Freddy Kreuger is immensely silly. I'm glad Kratos isn't in but I wish he wasn't either.

I love Freddy in this game, I mean, I wish he wasn't Freddy, but I love his moveset, he is really fun to play with how is fireball game works, and his full screen frametraps.

I hope for MK10, they keep the moveset and copy/paste it onto a new original character.

O.DOGG

Great to see another fighting game make it to the PC. I'm waiting for it to download right now.

It's been a long while since I played a Mortal Kombat game. Now I will have to get used to playing one with a fighting stick, though I have a suspicion that the keyboard would be better suited, like back in the days of MK3.

$30 is a bit steep for a 2 year old game with no new content, especially since many are double dipping.

Will wait for 75% off.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Allegedly the PC update is supposed to come with a new balance update too. Anyone know if this is true? Never touched the console versions so haven't got a clue, naturally this update should be coming to the console version too.

Top Bottom