• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 Days to Die - Kickstarter- Minecraft + Zombies

jond76

Banned
Saw this and it looked pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFc0esJiSQ#at=372

They sure are asking for a lot, but it seems to be moving at a good clip.

Dunno if I'll throe in... but maybe. What can I say, I like zombies.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game?ref=live

7DTD_Screenshot_01.jpg

OatmealMu

The character models and terrain still clash horribly. I wish they had gone for a stylized look. As it stands, they're trying to put a square peg into a round hole. I can't see them making their $3,000,000 stretch goal so they can smooth out the terrain.

The game could be fun, though.

Thanks for this man. This game need all the help it can get.

This game is like a combination of most things I want in a game :D

Too bad Gaffers arent paying much attention to it. :(

Birathen

Backes this today. I sure am spending alot on kickstarter lately :) If this works as advertised it should be glorious.

It should use this engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sfWYUgxGBE

Much less minecraft, much more voxel love.

There is a demo I played somewhere. More of a beta I guess, but it was basically minecraft (voxel building) in HD. It was based on some very small voxels, but you can change your "brush" size and even include blending of the voxels, so you can create angles a curves. I can't remember the name. It was really awesome.

belushy

Banned
Woah, looks great.... a lot better than what I expected after seeing the title of the thread.

Gonna back this once I get the money.

edit: Seeing awesome games coming from Kickstarter lately that I'm interested in. This, Stomping Land, Obsidian's game. Hope this becomes big.

jond76

Banned
Looks like this'll hit 300,000. I ponied up $35 so I could get the alpha, which should be around the 16th. Hype!

Loved the subtle kicks at Minecraft in the trailer.

Looks very promising, and unlike the voxel based rpg that is doing the rounds, this actually makes sense, building your own zombie fort is actually an interesting mechanic. Won't be backing since I'm broke and skeptical but if the alpha is good I might consider early access type purchasing if they allow it.

jond76

Banned
About 16 hours left to back this and get in on the alpha (for $35).

They are killing their stretch goals. Which is good considering the last one is the one I want most (smooth terrain and vehicles)

Giddyup!

belushy

Banned
Woah, yeah. They sure have surged up in the last few days. I hope they reach the $500,000 mark. It looks great, but the way the terrain gets all ugly when a block is broken/destroy (especially inside of houses) looked really bad when I saw a video of it.

jond76

Banned
Apparently there is a separate PayPal pot that will be added to the total once it ends. Hopefully it bumps it to $500,000.

jond76

Banned
I saw, but didn't want to bump this myself. Haha.

The requirements for this seem reasonable, I hope it can run on my laptop.

Hopefully the alpha downloads go out tomorrow as planned.

Tak3n

Banned
I am seeing some bad complaints about the Alpha, apprantely the gameplay is looking nothing like the Video's they have been spamming around everywhere?

jond76

Banned
I've played this for about 2 hours. For an alpha its very playable. Night time is intense. I walked across a bridge and the damn thing collapsed on my, it was pretty cool.

Haven't done a whole lot of crafting; made some barriers. Plenty of pistols and shotguns for defense. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

I found the forums to full of whiny kids foaming over the delay of the keys for a day or two.

Money well spent for me!

Edit: The alpha I'm playing is pretty comparable to the videos I've seen. The night in the game I just spent barricaded on a roof, so I didn't set up elaborate defenses or anything.

belushy

Banned
I am seeing some bad complaints about the Alpha, apprantely the gameplay is looking nothing like the Video's they have been spamming around everywhere?

I'm watching GaintWaffle play it right now and it looks like what I saw in the Kickstarter. Plus you have to remember that this is an early Alpha and a lot of the stuff they said in the Kickstarter won't come out for awhile. Looks good to me, for an Alpha at least.

False. I'm playing the alpha. It's what I expected based on the videos. The game is fun and once it's a finished product it will probably be really bad ass.

Top Bottom