• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] The Wrap: Sony Fires Up Gran Turismo Movie

salromano

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/colum...-fifty-shades-grey-producers-exclusive-105431

Summary

• The Wrap has learned about a movie based on the Gran Turismo series
  • Mike de Luca an Dana Brunetti (Fifty Shades of Grey producers) will steer the action movie
  • Sony execs Elizabeth Cantillon, DeVon Franklin, and Hannah Minghella will oversee the project
  • Will seek to distinguish itself from competitors (Need for Speed, Fast & Furious) in the marketplace
I don't follow movie sites, but this one is the 2,185 ranked site in the US has 38K followers on Twitter.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's already a movie though

TbEt6Gx.jpg

Rashid

Banned
Fifty shades of grey producers? What. Action movie? The. Distinguish itself, a simulation franchise, from NFS and F&F? Fuck.

Not necessarily. Theres one thing Gran Turismo has going for it, it takes video game drivers and gives them a chance to live the dream. If the movie incorporates some of this, it would be awesome.

that's something you would turn into a tv show, which they already did. GT is not a feature length movie series.

ReaperXL7

To be honest this is a pretty smart idea, one they should have been doing for a long time now, and shows that Sony is finally starting to work together. Games like God Of War, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, Sly, Ratchet, etc have the potential to be good movies. Having said that....Gran Turismo probably is not the best IP for this.

Mikey Jr.

I have heard about Sony IP's turning into movies for a decade now. GOW was supposed to be a movie, Uncharted was supposed to be a movie. Now GT is going to be a movie?

I think its one of those things they say, but dont actually do.

Why not a movie based on...oh, I don't know, inFamous? You know, the franchise with an actual story? The one that has a new installment coming out NEXT YEAR and could do with a cross-movie promotion to up its popularity?

Oh ffs, Sony...

Sean

Banned
Will end up in development hell, just like all of Sony's other video game adaptations.

First Uncharted Movie Details
John Gaudiosi, ran an excellent feature this morning on the Avrads, and their plans to start making video game movies that don't suck. If you haven't read it, it's good stuff, go read it. If only because Avrad gives the first details on the Uncharted movie project, which until now had only been hinted at.

Sony Buys Pitch For inFAMOUS Video Game Adaptation

Sony Pictures and Sony Computer Entertainment of America are working out a deal to produce a film based on the recent PlayStation 3 exclusive game inFAMOUS, and THR reports that writer Sheldon Turner‘s (The Longest Yard, Jason Reitman’s Up in the Air) pitch to adapt the game has been bought by the studio.

Brett Ratner confirms he's making God of War movie
Speaking to UGO, Hollywood director Brett Ratner confirmed that the God of War movie is in fact a project that he's currently working on.

‘Ghost Rider’s Brian Taylor In 7-Figure Sony Deal To Write/Direct ‘Twisted Metal’ Movie
Sony Pictures has made a preemptive 7-figure deal for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance co-director Brian Taylor to write and direct a live action adaptation of the iconic video game Twisted Metal.

I was just about to ask how many Skylines this movie would have. Goddamn you!

All of them. It will have ALL the skylines.

But seriously what will this movie be about? I cant see it being a action movie like The Fast and Furious movies back when they where about cars and racing and not robbing banks and drug tunnels. The Need 4 Speed movie seems to be just that.

Maybe it could be a story about a racing drivers journey to fame or something?

And yeah this probably wont get released anyway. Sony hasn't brought a single one of there games to the big screen yet. They all just get trapped in early production hell.

otapnam

Street racing civic hatchbacks to gt-rs on the track. Following some cocky poor youngish dude that ends up stealing a girl from a rich experienced racer.

Top gun + days of thunder + fast n furious.

Make it happen sony

Unless this is a documentary about the development of Gran Turismo 6 i do not want. This would hurt the brand not expand it. Japan would probably be sooo against this.

NewGame

Banned
Andy Worhol's "Sleep" retitled to "Drive" and involves watching a static scene of a car driving across a highway in Europe for 8 hours.

Top Bottom