• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exciting GAF Air Dashers reporting/results thread

Busaiku

Hey everyone, this is the Exciting GAF Air Dashers (Arc System Works fighters) tournament!

This is the thread for reporting your results (you can also PM me), and general discussion of the tournament that is currently underway.

General tournament rules/guidelines:
  • Eligible for North American PS3 players only.
  • Tournament format will be a swiss bracket, with the number of rounds depending on total entrants.
  • If a game has fewer than 8 entrants, it will instead be a round robin bracket.
  • Depending on the number of entrants, you will have roughly 3-5 days to complete your match for each round (when the brackets are finalized, I'll post the official number of days).
  • For all games, only the loser of the previous match is allowed to switch characters. Winners must stick with their character for the next game.
  • If you are unable to make it for a round, notify me of it. I will give everyone the option to do 1 match they missed. However, if I am not notified from either party and a match is left undecided, neither player will be afforded this option.
  • You must notify me if you want to use your option, before playing out your match.

Information about scoring:
  • You and your opponent will play a total of 4 games, not a best of 7, but 4 games total.
  • Each game will net you 0.25 points, so 4 games will be 1 point, 3 games 0.75 points, and so on.
  • All your round points will be summed, and the winners determined as such.
  • Any byes/DQs will result in 1 point for the party that is still willing and able to play.

About reporting your results:
  • Either you or your opponent must report the results of your match to me, either in this thread or through PM, within the the round period (listed below for each game).
  • I will update the bracket as soon as I see the results.
  • If there is an issue with what was reported, let me know.
  • If you or your opponent fail to notify me within the round period, you will not be awarded any points.
  • I will try to PM you during the start of the round and the day the round ends.

Some game specific rules:

zvfNpxA.png

• Each game will be 2/3 rounds, set for 99 seconds.
  • Kilff, Justice, EX, Shadow, and Gold characters are banned.
  • Each round will last 4 days. You have 4 days to conduct your games with your opponent and report them to me.
  • There will be 8 rounds in total, thus the tournament will span 32 days.

8rTsapl.png

• Each game will be 2/3 rounds, set for 99 seconds.
  • Each round will last 3 days. You have 3 days to conduct your games with your opponent and report them to me.
  • There will be 12 rounds in total, thus the tournament will span 36 days.

lHTnjH4.png

• Each game will be 2/3 rounds set for 99 seconds.
  • Unlimited characters are banned.
  • You or your opponent may request not to play in Training Stage (due to possible problems), in this case, the opposite party must comply. If neither of you have issues, you are free to play.
  • Each round will last 4 days. You have 4 days to conduct your games with your opponent and report them to me.
  • There will be 8 rounds in total, thus the tournament will span 32 days.

Listed below are the prizes for each game:

1st place prize for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +:
The Guilty Gear Original Sound Collection

2nd place prize for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +
Skullgirls on Steam

1st place prize for Persona 4 Arena:
The Persona 4 Arena Original Design Works

2nd place prize for Persona 4 Arena
Half Minute Hero on Steam

1st place prize for BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend:
The Noel Nendoroid Petit, courtesy of Magna_Mixalis (Mike of Aksys Games)

2nd place prize for BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend:
The Fraternity shirt from Brokentier, courtesy of koogy (Paul Kugler of Brokentier)

In addition, to the prizes listed above, all winners (1st and 2nd place winners in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + and Persona 4 Arena, and 1st/2nd/3rd place winners in BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend) will receive this Juubei plush and this BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster (haven't seen the poster myself, so correct me if I'm wrong, Mike!), courtesy of Magna_Mixalis and Aksys Games:

3rd place in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + and Persona 4 Arena, will have their choice of 1 of the 2 (Juubei plush or BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster).

For extra incentive to report matches on time; regardless of the overall victor, among everyone who reports their matches on time (within the round periods listed above for each game), I will randomly chose 2 names and award them them whatever remaining prize there is.

Brackets (with everyone's GAF ID/PSN ID):

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +
http://challonge.com/egadsggxxac

Persona 4 Arena
http://challonge.com/egadsp4a

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
http://challonge.com/egadsbbcsex

Have fun everyone!

gibration

Friend request sent. FluxWaveZ, feel free to invite whenever you see me online. If there's a certain time you'd like to play, send me a pm.

FluxWaveZ

Friend request sent. FluxWaveZ, feel free to invite whenever you see me online. If there's a certain time you'd like to play, send me a pm.

Sent you a PM and I'll accept the request next time I log on PSN. Like I said in the PM, probably any time that's good with you is good with me.

My first opponent in the BB tournament is with Fugu, who's apparently the favorite to win. Well, I didn't have much faith in my prospects of winning other than P4A anyways.

Rhapsody

Banned
Because of this format and the dates, I'm going to lose out on a lot of points on the first round.
I already sent out a PM to Karsius, and I'll be sending PMs to other people I'm facing a bit later.

I might have to go wireless this round so forgive me guys :(

TWILT

Banned
I have to play Q in Guilty Gear first round? WELL.......

Contacted him and AutumnAve (my P4A opponent) via PM.

Contacted both RoeBear (P4A) and AutumnAve (Guilty), here's hoping this goes well
in Persona since I'm still very rough in AC+ Guilty lol

Oh man, I'm so excited right now, I hope I can do okay. I'm sending Canti. and Mo the Hawk PMs right now.

Oh my god I am an idiot. I sent Canti. a message that has persona in the title instead of BlazBlue.

Uncle AJ

Sent PSN friend requests to everyone in P4 and GG, except for gibration and Cyberman65 because their friend lists are full.

I'm good when you are, Orpheus.

Uncle AJ

Can the next round of brackets not be generated until all of the previous round matches have finished? I just got word that my GG opponent will be out of town until Wednesday and I hope that won't hold up the works.

Busaiku

Can the next round of brackets not be generated until all of the previous round matches have finished? I just got word that my GG opponent will be out of town until Wednesday and I hope that won't hold up the works.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + rounds are 4 days, so it should be ok.

Uncle AJ

I think I'm gonna go cry in a corner the rest of the night, lol. I played like garbage today.

:(

That's a horrible matchup for Labrys, but I also pretty much never had to guess which way to block. I'm pretty free to Weaver's Art setups after a knockdown; you should learn those!

FluxWaveZ

Haven't been able to meet up with gibration or bagandscalpel on PSN yet; hopefully we'll be able to have our matches soon enough.

Haven't gotten in touch with Fugu at all.

Naite

Joule beat me 3-1 in GG. Can't blame the lag or anything because this is practically the first time I was able to consistently hit most of my links as Slayer online.

Let's play again anytime.

Joule

Joule beat me 3-1 in GG. Can't blame the lag or anything because this is practically the first time I was able to consistently hit most of my links as Slayer online.

Let's play again anytime.

GGs Naite. I was pretty scared of that Slayer damage when you hit the links! You had some Order Sol corner loop going too in our casual match. That Sol pick need more Wild Throws though. I definitely need to practice more. SMTIVortex is strong.

I'll play again whenever~

Naite

GGs Naite. I was pretty scared of that Slayer damage when you hit the links! You had some Order Sol corner loop going too in our casual match. That Sol pick need more Wild Throws though. I definitely need to practice more. SMTIVortex is strong.

I'll play again whenever~
That O.Sol loop and the gunblaze variant are pretty much the only combos I know with him. The end of that one round where you killed me with Ride the Lightning was hilarious because I thought I totally had you with that midscreen forcebreak.

I was planning on doing some Wild Throws but you kept hitting me out of too much stuff on wakeup and I kept getting a lot of unintentional super jumps. I was planning on using Dragon Install and going all Kusoru on you at the end but you killed me too fast.

FluxWaveZ

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +

FluxWaveZ vs. bagandscalpel

0 - 4

I didn't mash enough! Ha, well at least I didn't get perfected, but I gotta actually learn how to play a bit before my next match.

Damn, I think I might have missed Canti. tonight. I sent him a message on PSN but he hasn't responded. I'm gonna have to PM him again since he only mentioned that he would be free tonight.

FluxWaveZ

BlazBlue Cotinuum Shift Extend

FluxWaveZ vs. Fugu

0 - 4

I've been spending a week learning how to play and after going against Fugu, despite these results, I actually feel pretty good about my chances in doing well in the BB tournament.

But this is all according to keikaku. Next up, 4-0 in my P4A match.

Fugu

BlazBlue Cotinuum Shift Extend

FluxWaveZ vs. Fugu

0 - 4

I've been spending a week learning how to play and after going against Fugu, despite these results, I actually feel pretty good about my chances in doing well in the BB tournament.

But this is all according to keikaku. Next up, 4-0 in my P4A match.
Good games man.

RoeBear

Just to warn anyone I'm not good at GG, and don't really want to learn atm so expect that when you get matched up with me.

Top Bottom