• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt RED opens new studio in Cracow, will work on Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077

zakislam

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...ws-cd-projekt-red-opens-new-studio-in-cracow/

We are very happy to announce the opening of a new CD Projekt RED studio in Cracow, Poland. The new studio will bolster the development of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077.

“A new studio, new people and new energy - we’re growing and we’re extremely excited that we can tap into the potential that Cracow has to offer. We want to continue to make better and better RPGs and the new studio is another big step in that direction. Cracow, one of the cultural and scientific centers of Europe, is a really special place that will leave a significant mark on our games.” said Adam Badowski, Head of CD Projekt RED.

Additionally, we would like to invite everyone who’s interested in joining our ranks to take a look at the career section located on our official blog, where you will find job listings from both Warsaw and Cracow.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They've been expanding so this isn't really surprising. Hopefully they bring in lots of talented people as they continue to hire.

Vlodril

This i like.

Serious answer lets hope it will speed production (not they take too long) but i want cyberpunk as soon as possible.

Revs

I see their offices from my window and I'm passing it on my way to work:) Do you want some pic to see how it looks in Poland?:D

It is placed in Krakow Technology Park, polish version of silicon valley:p (maybe in 20 years...)

Sigh. I sent in a job application to CDPR and got an automated reply saying that if I was chosen, I'd hear from them within two weeks.

That was a month ago :(

BigDug13

Good. If any developer deserves success and expansion, it's these guys. They create expansions for free and use lessons learned on new development to retool their older game's systems.

Jac_Solar

I see their offices from my window and I'm passing it on my way to work:) Do you want some pic to see how it looks in Poland?:D

It is placed in Krakow Technology Park, polish version of silicon valley:p (maybe in 20 years...)

Yeah!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How have I not heard of Cyberpunk 2077 until now..

My hype train is pulling away from the station.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You were better off not knowing (yet), that game is a 2015 release at best.

No, that's quite alright. CD Projekt RED gets as much time as they need to give me an experience I won't soon forget.

They are my Naughty Dog's in the PC world.

Maligna

Banned
I need something for Cyberpunk 2077. A screen shot, an interview, ANYTHING!

It's been so long since there has been anything new to talk about. Hard to keep the hype train going, especially on the game's official forums.
---> http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/forum.php

We're all starving for news over there. Some of the topics we are making to keep ourselves occupied are getting ridiculous.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need something for Cyberpunk 2077. A screen shot, an interview, ANYTHING!

It's been so long since there has been anything new to talk about. Hard to keep the hype train going, especially on the game's official forums.
---> http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/forum.php

We're all starving for news over there. Some of the topics we are making to keep ourselves occupied are getting ridiculous.

I don't think we'll see any in-game footage of Cyberpunk until at least next year, probably after The Witcher 3 releases.

Sentenza

I don't think we'll see any in-game footage of Cyberpunk until at least next year, probably after The Witcher 3 releases.
Same.
At this point I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that they don't even have an internal build "screenshots-ready", yet.

P.S. Uhm. Is this old news or am I confusing it with some previous announce of them opening another studio? Maybe the previous one was in Warsaw?

Revs

They start in economic area so it's not some fancy google-like office but in few years...
Photos, enjoy:

The_Monk

Great news indeed. Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

Only been in Poznan for two weeks in Poland and the people are simply amazing most of the time.

Its funny... I actually interview for the CDP PR position, and thought I was a lock as someone with industry experience and Polish/US dual-citizenship. Glad to see the guy they hired can't correctly spell the name of the city they're in, in an official release. :p

My mother is from Krakow and I still have family there, and have an excuse to keep up with the industry in the region. It really is amazing how many great software studios are cropping up there. It helps that there are some amazing universities in the area, pumping out great, hungry, young talent.

So the new studio will HELP the former developing both games, or is the new studio now responsible for those games and the old is starting something amazing and new?

So the new studio will HELP the former developing both games, or is the new studio now responsible for those games and the old is starting something amazing and new?

They won't just hand over the new studio entire control for both of its games. They haven't even shown footage of Cyberpunk 2077. I'm guessing the new studio will help with the smaller things like the console versions, polishing, assets and additional content

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Hope they hire some people who know how to design a good combat system. I couldn't even play the witcher because of it. It was atrocious.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They revealed way too early

They revealed it in order to draw interest, more so than to actually announce the game to gamers. It's basically marketing for the company to get people to apply for all the positions they have open. "You'll be working on this!"

Deadstar

Awesome to see CD Projekt Red is successful
They make games that are super dense and incredible in scope, a dying breed these days.

They also don't cater to the lowest common denominator graphically, which is awesome. It's how all games should be. You make the game as ambitiously as you can then you port down from there.

Sentenza

I hope you're wrong, Cyberpunk interests me far more than Witcher 3(not a dig at that game).
Well, now.
I'm incredibly curious about it but before claiming it interests me more than TW3 I would at least like to know what kind of RPG is supposed to be, you know.
Because so far we know just that it's Cyberpunk, it's open world and it's from CDPR.
All good things in my book, but not a lot to process.

FACE

Banned
Well, now.
I'm incredibly curious about it but before claiming it interests me more than TW3 I would at least like to know what kind of RPG is supposed to be, you know.
Because so far we know just that it's Cyberpunk, it's open world and it's from CDPR. [
All good things in my book, but not a lot to process.

I agree that we don't know a lot about the game, but I can't help being incredibly excited about this game man. The potential for greatness is incredibly high.

Top Bottom