• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Back - S3 of the explosive action series - Returns for a final season on 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.
dC8adxK.jpg

Season 3 of Strike Back kicks off this Friday, August 9th at 10pm ET on Cinemax. What's Strike Back all about? It's like watching a kick ass, hard-R 80's action movie every week. Lots of explosions, gratuitous sex, and pithy one-liners from a fun cast that enjoys what they're working on. The show is unabashedly entertaining and well worth a look. Most of the episodes are two-parters with an serialized season-long narrative and weekly cliffhangers. The 10-episode Season 3 premieres on Friday. Tune in and check it out.

Note that the 'correct' order for watching Strike Back is: "Chris Ryan's Strike Back" then "Strike Back: Project Dawn" followed by "Strike Back: Vengeance" and then this season. The UK subtitle for this season is "Strike Back: Shadow Warfare" but in the US it is simply being referred to as "Strike Back: Season 3". Yes, this is confusing and be sure to ask in the thread if you have any questions.
The Emmy-nominated breakout hit STRIKE BACK returns for its ten-episode third season FRIDAY, AUG. 9 (10:00-10:50 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on CINEMAX, followed by other episodes debuting subsequent Fridays at the same time. Philip Winchester (Crusoe, Camelot) and Sullivan Stapleton (Animal Kingdom, the upcoming 300: Rise of an Empire) reprise their onscreen partnership as counterterrorism operatives Sgt. Michael Stonebridge and Sgt. Damien Scott. HBO/CINEMAX again teams up with the production company Left Bank Pictures and the British channel Sky on the action series.

The returning cast also includes Rhona Mitra (Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) as Maj. Rachel Dalton, Michelle Lukes (Alexander) as Sgt. Julia Richmond and Liam Garrigan (Pillars of the Earth) as Sgt. Liam Baxter.

New cast members include Robson Green (Wire in the Blood) as Col. Philip Locke, Dougray Scott (Desperate Housewives) as rogue operative James Leatherby, Milauna Jackson (Blood Done Sign My Name) as, Kim Martinez, a key player who crosses paths with the counterterrorism team, and Zubin Varla (Little Dorrit) as mysterious Person Of Interest Leo Kamali.

Featured Cast:
LohH8.jpg

Damien Scott - Played by Sullivan Stapleton

Damien Scott is a former Delta Force commando whose confidence with a weapon is matched only by his way with women. His cocky style is often at odds with his more staid colleagues, but he always gets the job done.

i5FkJ.jpg

Sgt. Michael Stonebridge - Played by Philip Winchester

A clear-thinking and reliable soldier, Sgt. Stonebridge brings strategic clout to Section 20.

Supporting characters for S3:
- Rhona Mitra as Captain Rachel Dalton
- Michelle Lukes as Sergeant Julia Richmond
- Liam Garrigan as Sgt. Liam Baxter
- Dougray Scott as James Leatherby
- Milauna Jackson as Kim Martinez
- Robson Green as Philip Locke
- Martin Clunes as Sebastian Gray​

Links

S3 Trailers

Behind the Scenes videos

Production photos and posters:
fgDW52i.jpg

ahhhqxsba.gif
scott2lbsbc.gif

Decado

Awesome. It has never done particularly well ratings wise, so I hope it picks up so we can get S4. Loving these action shows. So few of them (and even fewer that are good). I wonder when 24 comes back if it's going to be able to hold up to the likes of Strike Back and Banshee?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It has never done particularly well ratings wise, so I hope it picks up so we can get S4.

This is Cinemax we're talking about here. None of their shows get very high ratings and not only does Strike Back have some good buzz behind it, it's also the second highest rated show on Cinemax, and it's not like they have a whole lot of other shows on at the moment anyway, so I doubt they're in a rush to cancel anything. There's a very very good chance that it will be renewed.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"Better than it needs to be" should be the new Cinemax slogan.
No, not really.

have you seen some of their softcore entries?

The Girls Guide to Depravity, great cinemax show. I really like the lead. She's cute and could be a better actress with better material ;)

The Girls Guide to Depravity, great cinemax show. I really like the lead. She's cute and could be a better actress with better material ;)
Naw, haven't seen much of them. I'll check it out one of these days.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
"I've just come from doing the climax, episodes nine and ten. We do a sequence on
a train," he told me. "Basically there's a 30-minute action sequence at the end of episode nine. It kicks off and for the next 30 minutes it doesn't stop going. So you should just watch that through.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

wenis

Strike Back makes me want to hit my work out routine harder.

that is all.

anddo0

Damn this Friday?
I've been catching up on season 2 (up to episode 4 or 5) I guess it's time for a mini marathon.

Tokubetsu

Best show on cable no one is watching.

I watched an ep of femme fatales

Dabanton

One of my fave shows constantly baffled by how small the threads on Gaf are for it. While other well shall we say less enjoyable shows get multiple page threads.

This show is actually thrilling has no worry about language and nudity and actually makes sense. (well most of the time) I would advise anyone thinking of doing it give the show a chance it's a cracking thing.

- Red Eye Chicago Review: 'Strike Back' review: Still a blast in Season 3 *spoilers*
Bassett also understands that he has a stable of fine actors who can deliver not only believable physicality, but comic relief and a gut-wrenching sense of loss. The show is way more than a thriller—although it could stand tall if it were just that. It continues to subtly examine the effects their high-risk and dangerous jobs have on the brave special ops soldiers fighting evil in the world.

Also, Crave Online has all three preview scenes from tomorrow's premiere (please spoiler tag any discussion)

mm04

Is there a death pool for which cast member is going to bite the dust this season? I dig this show. Decided I'd look for another cable series between GoT and Homeland and gave this show a shot. Right off the bat, I found the friggin' theme song catchy as hell and enjoyed the action. Will be tuning in for another season.

wenis

Anyone that isn't named Stonebridge or Scott.

I can see them both being in the deadpool this season.

Damien Scott contracts a stage 15 venereal disease, is quarantined and Stonebridge looks on as his buddy in the bubble melts in front of his eyes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can see them both being in the deadpool this season.

Damien Scott contracts a stage 15 venereal disease, is quarantined and Stonebridge looks on as his buddy in the bubble melts in front of his eyes.

lol

But seriously, there's no way they kill either of them off. Maybe in the series finale.

Happy Strike Back Day! Season premiere tonight:
Episode 21

Enjoying a long-deserved vacation, Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) and Stonebridge (Philip Winchester) are recalled after a fellow Section 20 member dies while pursuing the elusive terrorist al-Zuhari in Beirut. A new lead sends them into the remote jungles of Colombia in pursuit of a known associate of al-Zuhari’s and deep in territory controlled by a powerful drug cartel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom