• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Gamescom 2013 trailer

did the lego games get any better? the early ones were dull as shit.

Squirrel Girl Megaton

cdEuqrB.png

marrec

Banned
did the lego games get any better? the early ones were dull as shit.

LEGO Batman 2 was actually a really fun Open World game with fantastic writing, especially as a fan of DC comics. I don't expect this game will be anything less than Batman 2 with a Marvel skin, and probably a whole lot more.

Now lets hope the Vita version isn't as gimped as Batman 2 was.

I also played the first star wars ones and had no reason to play anymore.

Infinite lives + collect bricks. Really, not my thing.

If one of your main problems with the series was the lack of difficulty, don't think this one will be any different.

But yeah, silently swore off the series after the frustrating experience LotR was, but with Lego City: Undercover being pretty good and the trailers for this being so charming, I think it's a lock.

cacildo

If one of your main problems with the series was the lack of difficulty, don't think this one will be any different.

But yeah, silently swore off the series after the frustrating experience LotR was, but with Lego City: Undercover being pretty good and the trailers for this being so charming, I think it's a lock.

Lego city undercover was different, right? With missions, and somehow you could die/fail...? (never played, that´s why im asking)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GOTY. From first look at the trailer, not as many new characters revealed as I have hoped? Hopefully they're showcasing the open world on the show floor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As far as I can tell, characters revealed this time around:

Ghost Rider (has his bike as a vehicle)
Captain Britain
Daredevil
Professor X
Red Hulk
Super Skrull
Arnim Zola
Mystique
General "Thunderbolt" Thaddeus
J. Jonah Jameson

I can't make out who it is Daredevil is attacking at 1:20, who Iron Man is attacking at 1:22, or the blonde who is shooting at 1:39.

As far as I can tell, characters revealed this time around:

Ghost Rider (has his bike as a vehicle)
Captain Britain
Daredevil
Professor X
Red Hulk
Super Skrull
Arnim Zola
Mystique
General "Thunderbolt" Thaddeus
J. Jonah Jameson

I can't make out who it is Daredevil is attacking at 1:20, who Iron Man is attacking at 1:22, or the blonde who is shooting at 1:39.

Are you sure that's Daredevil and not Deadpool?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw there is a Daredevil screenshot that reveals him anyways...Daredevil rules

Caode

I've been out of the loop a bit with this since it was first announced, anyone know what the story is with co-op? is it just local again?

If this isn't the best one yet, something went horribly wrong.
I agree. This has so much potential to be great. My wife and I have a good time with these games. I didn't enjoy the second batman one as much as I had hoped. Lego Harry Potters were fantastic. Pirates was fairly good minus some hard locks we had. Own the Lord of the Rings one but haven't played it yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game Informer Preview

Some of the new characters that TT Games announced at the show include: Archangel, Ghost Rider, Rocket Raccoon who may be short but has a big gun, Captain Britain (who enjoys tea), Daredevil, The Hulk’s foil General Ross (who can turn into the Red Hulk), Curt Connor (who transforms in the Lizard), Spider-Man foe Mysterio, and the Super Skrull (who has all the Fantastic Four powers).

im8ny0ajejTN4.gif

Also confirms release date as October 18th.

What the hell? Rocket Raccoon is in the game? So is Silver Surfer and Galactus as a boss. Will this be the best Marvel video game ever?

I am so excited! Will get the Xbox One version. Can't wait. I just can't wait.

It's not often you see Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man together outside of comics. I wonder how the Lego people got around the licensing boondoggle with all that stuff.

DodgerSan

Please let me invert the damn controls TT. Or at the least respect the settings already on the bloody console! Trying to fly superman around while fighting the controls made me stop playing Batman 2.

Also, according to Amazon.co.uk:

PS3/X360: £35
PS4/XB1: £55

Can't wait to experience the extra £20 worth of next gen content /sarcasm

Are they doing the upgrade option with this?

Top Bottom