• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake - Nothing Was the Same |OT| - Leader of the New School

Status
Not open for further replies.
NWTS_web_1.jpg
NWTS_web_2.jpg

Release date: September 24th, 2013

Tracklist:
Tuscan Leather (Noah "40" Shebib, Boi-1da (add.), Nineteen85 (add.))
Furthest Thing (Noah "40" Shebib, Jake One (co.))
Started From The Bottom (Mike Zombie, Noah "40" Shebib (add.))
Wu-Tang Forever (Noah "40" Shebib)
Own It (Detail, Noah "40" Shebib (add.))
Worst Behaviour (DJ Dahi)
From Time Feat. Jhené Aiko (Chilly Gonzales, Noah "40" Shebib)
Hold On, We're Going Home Feat. Majid Jordan (Nineteen85, Majid Jordan, Noah "40" Shebib (add.))
Connect (Noah "40" Shebib, Hudson Mohawke (co.))
The Language (Boi-1da, Allen Ritter (add.), Vinylz (add.))
305 To My City' Feat. Detail (Detail)
Too Much (Nineteen85, Sampha)
Pound Cake' Feat. Jay Z / Paris Morton Music 2 (Boi-1da, Jordan Evans)

Deluxe Edition:
Come Thru (Noah "40" Shebib)
All Me Feat. Big Sean & 2 Chainz (Key Wane, Noah "40" Shebib (add.))

Best Buy bonus:
The Motion Feat. Sampha

OP will be updated as more info is released (Sampha, Noah "40" Shebib)

m3k

my bad, kanye said it was after a drake line, he'd take the throne... Yeah inspiration for what, another hip hop classic

take care is a modern hip hop classic, news to me... First I heard of this

Blearth

Banned
my bad, kanye said it was after a drake line, he'd take the throne... Yeah inspiration for what, another hip hop classic

take care is a modern hip hop classic, news to me... First I heard of this

Try listening to it. You'll be surprised.

I sure as fuck was.

ecurbj

Yes. I will buy both digital and physical copies! Bring it on Drake! Your EP, So Far Gone was awesome. Your first album Thank Me Later and your second album Take Care was alright. I'm hoping your junior album is dope!

calm down, take care was a good album but modern classic...okay.

im still looking forward to NWTS. ive enjoyed just about every song drake has put out the last year or so

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I like Drake well enough but hate the fact that most his albums are more moody and slow tracks. I like him best on songs like "Forever," songs that are more up tempo. His albums are always too slow and R&B-ish to me. I hope this one has a better mix.

Don't know if I'll consider Take Care classic. Only new generation album I consider classic worthy is GKMC. However I believe we also have to give it some time. Will we come back to Take Care years from now feeling that it defined his career and positioned him as one of the best to ever do it? Or will it just be a good album from Drake, but his best is still yet to come. Interested to hear NWtS, hoping for some lyrical flexing similar to "Lord Knows"

Don't know if I'll consider Take Care classic. Only new generation album I consider classic worthy is GKMC. However I believe we also have to give it some time. Will we come back to Take Care years from now feeling that it defined his career and positioned him as one of the best to ever do it? Or will it just be a good album from Drake, but his best is still yet to come. Interested to hear NWtS, hoping for some lyrical flexing similar to "Lord Knows"

i would say "so far gone" has had a bigger impact than take care. "best i ever had" is still the dopest single he has put out.

Nibel

iconic? Is this real life? I've never ventured popgaf but is this what's up

man I like some of his stuff but this... Come on... Really?

We get it, you don't like Drake

It's cool album art and Take Care is much better than what most of his colleagues have released (I'd still consider GKMC to be a true modern classic though)

i would say "so far gone" has had a bigger impact than take care. "best i ever had" is still the dopest single he has put out.

Agreed. Take Care may have done well and it may even be a decent album but it's definitely not a modern classic and So Far Gone was a much better project overall.

sobble

Neo Member
Kanye west said it himself, so keep talking out your ass
Guess we should start adding a Kanye West 'seal of approval' on albums covers now.

I liked the direction Take Care was going in though, he really improved. Hopefully this continues for the next album.

Ephemeris

I'm actually looking forward to this one.

Always has a few jams on there that I could still listen to (Light up / crew love still goes).

Dyno

I like Drake, he's had some good songs. Take Care is a good tune and a good album. Make Me Proud and HYFR are also alright.

He's been called soft by other rappers but after giving that sentiment some thought I realised that everyone involved is a musician, they make music for teenagers.

VeeP

I'm looking forward to it. Drake makes good music. I really don't give a shit what other rappers/people think.

BlueSteel

Drake has his place, and honestly I dig him a lot. Excited for this even if he is soft. Can't be wiping a butt with concrete.

methodman

Banned
Drake will drop the best album of the year. No doubt about it. He's killed every verse he's been on for a year or longer, no one else is doing that (cept Kendrick). Those two are at the top right now

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hype.

Weeknd and Drake both in September. Two Toronto artists dropping albums in the same month, feels good bro.

-GJ-

How can you call Take Care a modern hiphop classic if Take Care isn't even a hiphop album? It's an R&B album with a couple hiphop verses.

That being said; Take Care was a great album, so I'm looking forward to this one. I hope there's more singing than rapping though. Drake is a good rapper, but nothing special. He's a great singer though.

R&B Drake = best Drake.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah, it's alot worse.

Still take care was good, will check this out.

I thought girls love beyonce was confirmed for this ?
Nah just throwing out throwaway songs to make buzz. He always does this before an album.

I'll check for it.

That's actually a lot closer than the quoted atrocity.
TC maybe close to the cool but not F&L. And I don't want to turn this into GKMC debate thread but that album is in no way close to any classic album from the 90s. It's a solid studio debut when comparing it to that time period of hip-hop, but if that is what modern day listeners classify as in regards to those 90s albums then goddamn standards have fallen off. I have no problem comparing GKMC to the likes of classics such as CD and F&L but it doesn't touch anything pre-2000s. Those are on another level.

opinions and all that shit though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom