• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, that was...awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PogiJones

Banned
So I saw a car in my school's parking lot with its lights on. I crouched and examined the light to make sure it wasn't just the sun reflecting. Then I walked around the car to see the model so I could tell the school so they could inform the owner their lights were on (the school sends emails like that).

After looking at the model and considering memorizing the license plate, I figured it would be easier to just take a picture with my phone, so I did. Then I thought it would be easier for the owner to recognize the front than the back, so I walked around and took a picture of the front. I spent probably 2 or so minutes probing around the car, then went on my way.

But as I walked away, the car turned on and drove off. I looked at the pictures I took, and sure enough, I didn't notice the person sitting in the car, watching me examine his vehicle.

Here's the front picture I took:

e7T016w.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's more creepy for him that some dude was examining and photographing his car, or more creepy for me that he just watched me do it in silence.

EDIT: Dude had lizard/demon eyes.

Oh jesus

You found KITT!

...Also I'd say it's equally awkward, unless the car had tinted windows so you couldn't see him

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dude is probably giving your description to the local police station. Run op, it's the only way.

Limit

So I saw a car in my school's parking lot with its lights on. I crouched and examined the light to make sure it wasn't just the sun reflecting. Then I walked around the car to see the model so I could tell the school so they could inform the owner was their lights were on (the school sends emails like that).

After looking at the model and considering memorizing the license plate, I figured it would be easier to just take a picture with my phone, so I did. Then I thought it would be easier for the owner to recognize the front than the back, so I walked around and took a picture of the front. I spent probably 2 or so minutes probing around the car, then went on my way.

But as I walked away, the car turned on and drove off. I looked at the pictures I took, and sure enough, I didn't notice the person sitting in the car, watching me examine his vehicle.

Here's the front picture I took:

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's more creepy for him that some dude was examining and photographing his car, or more creepy for me that he just watched me do it in silence.

I see the license plate says "Utah". I imagine the driver will just chalk your behavior to you just being a Mormon.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I can contribute to this thread.

A few years ago I took my girlfriend to a small park with plans to do nasty things in the back of my car. The park was closed after sunset, but I figured no one would bother us. A few minutes later the night watch security car pulled into the parking lot. A guy got out, turned on his flashlight, and inspected my car. We hadn't done anything yet at that point but we ducked down hoping not to get caught anyway. There's no way the security guy didn't see us, but after circling around my car and looking through the windows he just walked away. As he was leaving I turned on the car and drove away.

In the case the he was oblivious enough not to notice us, I gave him the same ghost car experience the OP had.

Well, OP, now you have no choice but to find the car and explain the situation. He'll probably be at his home tonight, so if you find the car, you can follow him and talk to him there. Oh, but get his attention through the window before knocking. It'd be embarrassing otherwise.

PogiJones

Banned
I can contribute to this thread.

A few years ago I took my girlfriend to a small park with plans to do nasty things in the back of my car. The park was closed after sunset, but I figured no one would bother us. A few minutes later the night watch security car pulled into the parking lot. A guy got out, turned on his flashlight, and inspected my car. We hadn't done anything yet at that point but we ducked down hoping not to get caught anyway. There's no way the security guy didn't see us, but after circling around my car and looking through the windows he just walked away. As he was leaving I turned on the car and drove away.

So my guy was making out in the back seat. Makes sense now.

Gangxxter

Lol, that's hilarious!

Then I walked around the car to see the model so I could tell the school so they could inform the owner their lights were on (the school sends emails like that).
If your school sends out emails like that, tell them they should email the owner and explain him the situation for you.

Omg. This thread delivers. Gj everyone.

If you look real closely at the guy in the car his eyes are FOCUSED on OP. Oh god, it is great. He almost looks scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom