• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA really went above and beyond with FIFA on the Vita this year

In just one short year the amount of new content, improvements and effort put into this full priced title is astounding. A round of applause for EA, everyone.

9958126665_e94af2a035_z.jpg

9958155776_d7e2205b37_z.jpg

9958244333_a12a93e5fb_z.jpg

9958159946_af96a658d5_z.jpg

9958114565_4e9cb6cfb8_z.jpg

9958151264_36b3ea2584_z.jpg

9958123835_aec42249d7_z.jpg

9958139714_77a43d10d1_z.jpg

9958111925_eaaa9a3003_z.jpg

9958260283_c410bbdfc7_z.jpg

9958152414_bf186c8487_z.jpg

Now you might be thinking to yourself that you can't tell a difference other than in the splash screen. THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE A STUPID PERSON! EA blessed us with this amazing NEW version of FIFA and if it doesn't sell boatloads on the Vita it's totally the Vita's fault.

To their credit EA admits the astounding effort they put into this game on the store:
9958172966_9c45aa062d_z.jpg

To the opposite of their credit they are charging FORTY FUCKING DOLLARS for this piece of shit.

Why not just sell one version for kinda cheap and add new kits/rosters as like a $10 DLC each year? You would think they could actually sell more of those...

Anyway, EA, go fuck yourself.

Dwayne

The Wii, 3DS, PlayStation 2, PSP and Vita versions are known as the Legacy Edition and retain features and gameplay from previous editions. - Wikipedia. There isn't a Wii U version either, lolz.

3DS is also getting the same treatment so it is not like sales matter for them or will magically let them make a better version on VITA.

VariantX

Literally just had a thread on this a few days ago, but it was concerning the 3DS version. Didn't think they'd give the Vita the short end of the stick too though...

bebop242

Does this mean fifa 13 will be dirt cheap? I don't follow soccer so rosters won't bother me and I enjoyed the demo.

jeffers

so it wasnt nintendo that wrote that description for the 3ds version. Suprised EA didnt use some superlative to raise it above 13

Bsigg12

Good Post, shit like this needs to be called out.

It was called out when they announced it. It's the legacy edition which is just a roster and kit update. We've known about this for a while now. I don't mind them doing this IF the price was $20 or so but charging $40 is a bit dumb.

gngf123

Yeah, they have been talking about this for a while. The same is with all the legacy versions: 3DS, Vita, Wii, and PS2.

They started it off with the Wii a couple of years back, but back then didn't attach the legacy tag and tried to pass it as a new product.

Orbis

While I appreciate the honesty in their description, it's rather sad, and also a little disrespectful to fans to charge that price for what they admit is nothing but a seasonal update. We've seen free patches/DLC for other games with more content.

Does this mean fifa 13 will be dirt cheap? I don't follow soccer so rosters won't bother me and I enjoyed the demo.

13 is $19.99 on the store in US currently.

The somewhat depressing part is the game is quite good. Backtouch shooting is a revelation. Using the touch screen to pass into open space is better than anything you can hope to achieve with a controller. You don't need to use either of those features if you just want the normal button control - but they are handy. With a little bit of work the Vita version could have made a run at the console versions in terms of which is best.

Instead they've put out the same game 3 times. Though there is a slight tune up between FIFA 12 and 13. They tightened up the AI and framerate slightly. But 13 to 14 is literally just kits and transfers.

What I take out of this thread is that the PSVita can do 2006 current gen console graphics. Man, Next Gen Handhelds will be cray

GameSeeker

The good news is that the head of EA Sports who authorized this customer friendly approach to FIFA on Vita is now running all of EA. :p

It was called out when they announced it. It's the legacy edition which is just a roster and kit update. We've known about this for a while now. I don't mind them doing this IF the price was $20 or so but charging $40 is a bit dumb.

Yeah, it's been discussed in a few various threads, including the Vita thread. But I figured I would make a post with screenshots for people who wouldn't otherwise go into those types of threads.

cafemomo

as long as its the only soccer game available on the vita i have no regrets
jbrvIt6h1k0n36.jpg

i also have the 3DS version comming in soon

Takao

Banned
Is PES coming to the Vita?

No, and it's bizarre that Konami isn't taking advantage of the lack of a real FIFA on these platforms. Then again, this is the same company that rebooted PES with no next gen release ...

Fucking hell! Is that 69.95 US Dollars?!

Australian.

What I take out of this thread is that the PSVita can do 2006 current gen console graphics. Man, Next Gen Handhelds will be cray

Given Nintendo's the only one who's going to be making a next gen handheld you're going to have to stay content with 2006 for a while more.

Scum

Australian dollars, PSN has always being a rip off here. You know the funny part? You can get a physical copy for $48 in store. or $50 here. Dat $20 markup.

No, and it's bizarre that Konami isn't taking advantage of the lack of a real FIFA on these platforms. Then again, this is the same company that rebooted PES with no next gen release ...

Australian.

Given Nintendo's the only one who's going to be making a next gen handheld you're going to have to stay content with 2006 for a while more.

Cheers, lads.

....You have got be fucking KIDDING ME.

That store description is hilarious

Legacy Edition
Updated Rosters
No Gameplay Changes

WE DID IT GENTLEMEN

DiscoJer

I think the big deal is that it's happening so soon in the Vita's life. Usually it's inevitable that sports games just become full priced roster updates.

Heck, with the Show for the PSP, Sony actually removed features previous editions had.

Top Bottom