• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo blocking videogame related YouTube content on WiiU browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sorry, this video is not available on this device"

First seen this morning when looking up a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate tutorial.

I just checked back on it by testing Halo, God of War, Sim City and SMG2 videos. All reviews, Let's Plays or trailers. Nothing works.

Random stuff like JayZ videos, fail compilation october 2013 and nail polish tutorials work just fine.

They can't be serious!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I highly doubt Nintendo even knows how to do that, let alone has the capacity of doing it.

Taker666

Their own Mario Kart 8 video from their own channel wasn't playing on Wii U either....and it seems unlikely they'd block that.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Quite a quick jumping to conclusion.

If it works with a different user agent is not on Nintendo's side. At list not intentional.

this happens to me on the ipad when youtube gets a player update, well im not sure if its because youtube get a player update but it always seems to happen in and around then, its super annoying best thing to do is wait it out and use the shitty app sadly

Nintendo changed up some browser identification stuff, didn't they? So that web developers more easily could identify and make optimization for the Wii U browser? Maybe that messed up something.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nintendo hates Mobb Deep confirmed? Same thing happened when I was trying to watch Shook Ones Pt. II.

Gotta love dem conspiracy theories.

Kill this nonsense.

Okay, "The Pleasure of German Cuisine" doesn't work either. I'll contact a mod to lock or change the title. Sorry for jumping to conclusion.

masud

Banned
Set my user agent to internet explorer and then clicked on the blank screen and a video that wasn't working before works now.

Taker666

I would have said it might have been down to Nintendo blocking advertising...if not for the fact that some of their own videos won't play (which don't have any ads as far as I know).

MKUltra

If you put '_popup' after watch and before the question mark in the URL it works (watch_popup?). It was fine after yesterdays firmware update and then a few hours latter it stopped working, it's definitely on Googles end.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I just checked back on it by testing Halo, God of War, Sim City and SMG2 videos. All reviews, Let's Plays or trailers. Nothing works.

Random stuff like JayZ videos, fail compilation october 2013 and nail polish tutorials work just fine.

They can't be serious!

it's a problem with recent Youtube updates related to Advertising. I'm facing problem also with iPAD (1 at least).
Probably you often browse videogame stuff so YT linked the Adv to contents interesting for you?

They can't be serious!

It's youtube dude...

Why does Nintendo have to be blamed for everything?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom