• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Gazoinks

Instead of simulcasting KLK7 tomorrow I get to take a math exam! And then do some other class work. It'll be my reward I guess. :p

Volume 1 Cover.

BZBiP-2CYAAqS0N.jpg

7Th

I understood the symbolism of Ryuuko beating the last of the Clubs, but it felt like a waste for Mako to get rid of her top badass costume.

LordCanti

THIS SHOW IS INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

If Mako is some sort of sleeper agent or spy or whatever, she definitely didn't show any hint of that here. I know there were people hanging on brooms/she had a broom, but man, how do they do a "Mako is really a super badass" after this episode?

The preview for the next episode...so hype.

Oh and...one star
Mako is too classy to go bra-less. More stars means more clothing. GOTTA FIGHT THE CLOTHING MENACE; NUDIST BEACH BANZAI!!!!

rexor0717

I don't have much more to say than this episode was amazing, but regarding the next episode
the first thing that came to mind for me was Spongebob and his driving skills. I'd love it if Gamagori was terrible at driving too, lol.

Soma

Kinda predictable episode since
of course the family would become complacent with their new lifestyle
but holy fuck
Mako's Uniform was the most swag shit ever. I lost it at the MAKO brass knuckles.

Another great episode.

What's going to be interesting is the new turn of events now that
all the scrub clubs have been defeated.

Gazoinks

Kill la Kill 7

WHEN I SAID I WANTED MAKO TO BE A FIGHTER THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT. To bad they destroyed her uniform, it was pretty rad.
This was a great episode. Cleaned up most of the rest of the mooks, gave us some stuff on the structure of the school, and most of all gave Mako a bunch of development! I'm actually surprised by how much they're doing with her, since she initially seemed like a joke character.

Last few episodes of this show have been the best yet.

Maybe it's stockholm syndrome, but the music seems like it's getting better.

Gamagoori goes to driving school next?

rexor0717

Kill la Kill 7

WHEN I SAID I WANTED MAKO TO BE A FIGHTER THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT. To bad they destroyed her uniform, it was pretty rad.
This was a great episode. Cleaned up most of the rest of the mooks, gave us some stuff on the structure of the school, and most of all gave Mako a bunch of development! I'm actually surprised by how much they're doing with her, since she initially seemed like a joke character.

Last few episodes of this show have been the best yet.

Maybe it's stockholm syndrome, but the music seems like it's getting better.

Gamagoori goes to driving school next?
I really enjoyed the music this episode, but everytime that piano song came on, I wanted it to be this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WncrApH5sjI
;_;

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 7:

I have been on the fence until now, but I am ready top declare for the moment that Kill la Kill is the show of the season and maybe anime of the year.

Right, so anybody got a phone because I called it. I completely called Mako's heel turn and indeed it had to do with the club system, the uniforms and how they tie into the class system of the academy. I do admit I did not think they would handle that with such aplomb, triteness of the moral aside. Yes, yes, poor people good, rich people bad, see that one before. Indeed, let us commence with the 50,000 fucking references to Fight la Club. While I expect a lot of people to do the first rule routine, this episode actually does draws from the philosophy of Fight Club, albeit in its own idiom. To put in basic terms Ryuko wins by telling Mako she is not her fucking kahkis. Also, I think we can now called her Lady Satsuki Xanatos Durden since it turns out she is the one who has been manipulating all of the situations in order to better strengthen the Academy. Also, it looks like we are moving along to a new arc, The Reprisal General Election Arc. I look forward to seeing what that entails.

Holy mother of fuck dat Mako la Mako.

The ending was just amazing, punch directly to the feels.
Also
that smile of satsuki when Mako ends the fight, I cant wait for Satsuki and the elite to join Ryuko and Mako to fight the greater evil. Satsukis Mother?

rexor0717

Did anyone else really appreciate how they put on the end credits music while the episode was still playing? They used it well.

Holy mother of fuck dat Mako la Mako.

The ending was just amazing, punch directly to the feels.
Also
that smile of satsuki when Mako ends the fight, I cant wait for Satsuki and the elite to join Ryuko and Mako to fight the greater evil. Satsukis Mother?

You know its going to happen, and its going to be amazing when it does. Satsuki smirks are the best smirks.

LordCanti

I like that not a single fuck is given when sending two and one star
scrubs and their families back to the slums. Not. One. Single. Fuck.

Did anyone else really appreciate how they put on the end credits music while the episode was still playing? They used it well.

You know its going to happen, and its going to be amazing when it does. Satsuki smirks are the best smirks.

I will say that smirk made my heart skip a little.

I like that not a single fuck is given when sending two and one star
scrubs and their families back to the slums. Not. One. Single. Fuck.
Hahahaha, never thought of that.

LordCanti

I went back and watched the fight....she's very clearly
not wearing a bra during it, but one magically appears when she has to take the uniform off. What is this sorcery?

That has me thinking that maybe the last of them we have not seen.

I think the most they'll do there is showing
how horrible their lives are in the slums or something.

Top Bottom