• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun’s De Benetti: Games Aren’t Xbox One’s Priority, PS4 More Attractive

SilentFlyer

De Benetti is Community Manager at Housemarque:

It’s not the official position of the company but just a personal opinion: if you look at it as a gamer, Xbox One is focused on America’s vision of the entertainment center with the TV and the like. It gives the impression is that gmes aren’t its highest priority.

On the other hand for the PS4 games come first, then there are other forms of entertainment. Because of how they’re promoting it, I think the PS4 looks more attractive when viewed by true core gamers, isn’t it?

Dual Shocker via Kotaku Japan

Haunted

It’s not the official position of the company but just a personal opinion: if you look at it as a gamer, Xbox One is focused on America’s vision of the entertainment center with the TV and the like. It gives the impression is that games aren’t its highest priority.
!

meppi

The 360 started to kinda feel this wet so it's no surprise how it's even more emphasised in the Xbox one.
Strongly dislike that trend myself.
Then again, I basically never use any kind of app on a game system. I just play games on them. :-/

*edit* ^ shouldn't that be underlined?

DieH@rd

Banned
He is not totally wrong. A lot of things that MS is hyping about Xbone is not available outside US [TV watching, fantasy leagues, lots of streaming services...]

Ah boy...

Point though he has he's just gonna cop shit because of Housemarque's connections to Sony.

Shoulda just said nothin' bro.

IvorB

The XBone reveal undermines his statement

Dumbest way to introduce a video game (!) console

Really? I thought introducing your next gen game console as a "new water cooler" was pretty neat. Everybody loves water right?

Dang0

Yeah, aside from the e3 presentation, Microsoft's marketing has made it clear hardcore gamers aren't the primary market for the Xbone, which is kind of sad. It may pay off for them if they can get a large softcore and casual audience, but its risks alienating the hardcore.

Xbox One is focused on America’s vision of the entertainment center with the TV and the like. It gives the impression is that games aren’t its highest priority.

So what? That's why the Xbox 360 still exists!

original.jpg

Respawn

Banned
I'm liking this generation. Devs are just coming out and talking more than before.
Talk is talk but people should be able to talk. All I know is at the end of the day I want to play a good game on my consoles of choice.
So what? That's why the Xbox 360 still exists!

original.jp
Oh sh** LOLLL

Skeff

Really? I thought introducing your next gen game console as a "new water cooler" was pretty neat. Everybody loves water right?

We wouldn't be here long enough to use a computer if we didn't like water.

He's right, a lot of people here on GAF have been saying the same things, the most elegant way I've heard it is:

Games and entertainment vs. Entertainment and games

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yet it has the best launch games. Funny priorities.
That's debatable, I'd argue, but still, the exclusive lineup in the coming year seems like it will favor Sony and, historically, Sony's first party lineup has been much stronger than Microsoft's. When you combine that with superior multiplatform ports things look pretty good on the PS4.

Duh?

Part of the reason it's $500 is because Microsoft is positioning it as being the only device you need under your TV. Get rid of your cable box, blu-ray player, all of that. You only need One device for all your entertainment needs.

Skeff

the console with the most exclusives doesn't have games as its priority.
yeah right

Wow, someone can't count. or do PSN games not count again? I always keep forgetting that. And of course the dancing around what "exclusive" really means, no one ever counts injustice but always counts Titanfall.

Duh?

Part of the reason it's $500 is because Microsoft is positioning it as being the only device you need under your TV. Get rid of your cable box, blu-ray player, all of that. You only need one device for all your entertainment needs.

Seems needless to have HDMI in and an IR blaster then doesn't it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I really don't agree with this considering PS4 also has a large games advantage going forward but if people want a moral victory then please, keep saying this so I can keep asking you to discredit some great games coming to PS4 that are not coming to Xbone.

At least not right now but lets deal with the facts for now.

Tomcat

That's debatable, I'd argue, but still, the exclusive lineup in the coming year seems like it will favor Sony and, historically, Sony's first party lineup has been much stronger than Microsoft's. When you combine that with superior multiplatform ports things look pretty good on the PS4.

lets stick to the facts please
and xbox one has the most exclusive games and I could say the most interesting launch games out of the 2.

in the future we will see what will happen. ms has new studios working on other projects too so its not that the flow of games will stop.

He's absolutely right of course, but his comments will generate a lot of controversy due to Housemarque's heavy affiliation with the PS4 right now.

But he is right.

Pug

Wow a developer trying to shift copy on the PS4 holds up the virtues of the said console. Colour me surprised.

The XBone reveal undermines his statement

Dumbest way to introduce a video game (!) console

I think you mean the reveal supported his statement, not undermined.

Anyway, I agree with him. I doubt it's the fault of anyone in the Xbox division (though there are certainly quite a few that drunk the kool aid), it's just another part of Microsoft's corporate strategy that's failing on all fronts.

dark10x

and xbox one has the most exclusive games and I could say the most interesting launch games out of the 2.

in the future we will see what will happen. ms has new studios working on other projects too so its not that the flow of games will stop.
It's all opinions, not facts.

Skeff

It doesn't have the most exclusive games. I suggest you take another look at the launch line ups.

Recall

Launch games don't make the console. If they did the Dreamcast would still be with us today.

I can't wait for the consoles to come out and us to see exactly what happens instead of just guessing and fighting over conjecture or bias.

Prine

Banned
Also 1 billion dollar investment in a bunch of exclusive video game content, this guy is talking nonsense.

And as a gamer (me) i dont spend all my time gaming!

Indie games aren't games. FACT!

Raist

Banned
Uh, number of games in development is a fairly factual thing.
But the history of previous generations also is.

Does this "factual" thing take into account that many of Sony studios' projects haven't been announced at all yet?

dark10x

Uh, number of games in development is a fairly factual thing.
But the history of previous generations also is.
We don't actually KNOW everything that's in development, though.

Sony has a LOT of studios and we do not know what most of them are working on.

Top Bottom