• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, stop tearing companies down! (Ryan@IGN tweet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A good example of © Games Journalism™?

Holy shit at this tweet. I'm guessing he's referring to the Sessler/XB1/PS4/famousmortimer/cboat situation, but c'mon... eh? I'm at lost here.

Of course, Phil Spencer retweeted this.

I don't even now if this warrants a separate thread, it just made me furious how these folks are belittling the whole shitstorm surrounding the XB1/PS4 launches.

Does he work in the business?

People who buy the products don't want to buy a shit one, people who work in the business don't want people to know it's a shit product.

To a degree he's right, people are very much reveling in the Xbox One's failures.

It would be pretty easy to make the argument that they brought it on themselves, though.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
sheldonneogafszuuz.gif

You don't do celebrating an industry by letting customer's go under the Bus without any knowledge of the facts that as a journalist it is your ethical duty to report.. But then again this is IGN.

FillerB

Dear Game Industry,

Please stop treating us like mindless drones who will gladly give you our money for an inherently broken product. We aren't all idiots no matter what your official gaming forums and voice chat services might suggest.

With kind regards,

Your loyal fanbase

I sat in a car, in the freezing goddamn cold, in montpelier, vermont outside a walmart to buy the original xbox at launch.

I stood in line at a gamestop in North Haven, CT to buy a xbox 360.

I've written some "mean" stuff about the xbox one being, seemingly, shitty - at launch... and have written and recorded words about how it's likely just temporary.

Clearly it's just that I want to tear things down. I mean why else would I bother!?!?

Doczu

Gold Member
If GAF doesn't shit on crappy politics, lazy devs, greedy publishers and overall decadence and downfall of quality/quantity, and uprising of paywalls, f2p and DRM, then who will? Surely not the "journalists".

Liamario

Banned
What the hell sort of journalist posts a tweet like that. It's not his job to defend these companies. Embarrassing.

Kyzon

Companies, stop shitting on consumers!

I feel like GAF is just willing to call out bull shit. If companies want everyone to stop tearing them down, then they should look at how they're running things and see how they can fix whatever needs to be fixed.

tl;dr if there was no bs then GAF wouldn't call bs.

Hyunashi

**** off IGN. I take pleasure in cheering on what I think is right and what I think is wrong. I dont see myself shitting on my hobby after investing in a launch console and a number of games.

Of course Phil Spencer will retweet it, because the XB1 negativity will be affecting the morale of the first/second party studios he's in charge of. Phil has nothing to do with the XB1 policies/hardware/OS etc, but everything to do with the (surprisingly decent) line-up of first party games on the way for the console. But unfortunately all that anyone can talk about is the shower of shit all other aspects of the console have been so far.

Ramenman

Does he work in the business?

People who buy the products don't want to buy a shit one, people who work in the business don't want people to know it's a shit product.

Yeah but "game journalists" are here to tell you how wonderful it is to be a gamer, every day of the year every year.

No matter what happens. They have the PASSION, get it ?

Don't you try to bring them down !

What the hell sort of journalist posts a tweet like that. It's not his job to defend these companies. Embarrassing.

The one that runs a weekly sponsored 'AMA' with the company in question.

And also is trying to pretend as if it's more than one company being shit on.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Those companies, especially their executives, will still make hell of a profit; those engineers crunching working hours because of "unfortunate" requirement and design decisions probably not. So my karma is ok.

Xisiqomelir

It's not "these companies" it's "Microsoft".

And "tearing down" implies assaulting something which was already built up. I consider all these leak threads much more like shedding the light on a dark corner.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
"Gaming journalists" are mostly all old men who are bad at games and thus games are being made easier so they get scored higher and have a higher metacritic score. Gaming journalists and their poor skill are ruining gaming REAL TALK NO CONSPIRACY.

Cartman86

Banned
While I think a lot of the stuff leading up to these next gen launches has been blown out of proportion and in a month or two we will have forgotten about much of it defending companies should not really be anyone's prerogative. Perhaps he should have worded that differently.

look at his tweet prior to that tweet..

he is talking about the reaction to the Xbox UI video IGN posted..

OHwUnf3.jpg

lol

why do people use twitter for business? its like a public chat service for your own thoughts and most people's thoughts are kind of dumb usually, add that in with your job and its bound to have mishaps like this

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I sat in a car, in the freezing goddamn cold, in montpelier, vermont outside a walmart to buy the original xbox at launch.

I stood in line at a gamestop in North Haven, CT to buy a xbox 360.

I've written some "mean" stuff about the xbox one being, seemingly, shitty - at launch... and have written and recorded words about how it's likely just temporary.

Clearly it's just that I want to tear things down. I mean why else would I bother!?!?

Yeah, I was first in line for the original Xbox.
I got my carpool buddy's girlfriend who was a store manager to set aside a 360 for me on launch day. It was my primary console this entire gen.

I've said some very, very mean things about Xbone. I call 'em how I see 'em.

Shosai

Banned
Dear Game Industry,

Please stop treating us like mindless drones who will gladly give you our money for an inherently broken product. We aren't all idiots no matter what your official gaming forums and voice chat services might suggest.

With kind regards,

Your loyal fanbase

Wait, you don't speak for me

Savitar

Is celebrating another word for fellatio? Because that strikes me as what he does.

As does much so called game journalism really.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Don't make threads on tweets if you have no context or don't care to find out what it really means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom