• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Fiscal Meeting: Live tweeting!

David Gibson is live tweeting.

https://twitter.com/gibbogame

Presentation: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/131031/index.html

WZu313B.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/131031e.pdf

Nintendo USA 3DS has already passed last year's total, expect over 5m sold this year in USA with strong holiday season

I think they're expecting 5M in Japan this year too. That means ~8M for 'Other'.

Nintendo saying 2DS awareness is still too low but designed to appeal to lower priced users and survey indicates buyers were new users

This thing needs lot of advertising due to the confusing name, but mostly being new users is positive.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think they're expecting 5M in Japan this year too. That means ~8M for 'Other'.

I'm confused by the quote:

Nintendo USA 3DS has already passed last year's total, expect over 5m sold this year in USA with strong holiday season

Care explaining? Does that mean the 3DS sales until late Oct (I guess?) have now eclipsed last year's sales total in the USA?

New Leaf looks set to replicate Wild World numbers. Good for them! I should probably get back into that...

And holy shit @ Luigi's Mansion. Definitely deserve it, too.

Wait, why isn't Fire emblem in that list? :(

It didn't sell a million copies this FY. This chart only shows million sellers over the six months of this year. Remember, it released in Japan last year and sold ~500K. There's still a chance it's ~1M LTD WW.

ASIS

It didn't sell a million copies this FY. This chart only shows million sellers over the six months of this year. Remember, it released in Japan last year and sold ~500K. There's still a chance it's ~1M LTD WW.

Oh that's true, forgot about that.

1383182914-nintendo-first-party-schedule.png

Strange to see DKC Tropical Freeze “TBD” in Japan while US/Europe get a more precise date.
Also it seems they're firmly decided to keep that MK8 worldwide launch in Spring 2014.

Rich!

A BRAND NEW TITLE BY MONOLITH SOFT INC.

funny to see how there's no title yet. Actually, we still know pretty much fuck all other than it's going to be XENOsomething

direct soon plz

Nintendo because of Pokemon launch hadn't been doing much WiiU marketing but that has changed and sales have already improved

Why do I get the feeling this will be the most talked about Tweet today?

Nintendo did 11.4bn in digital sales in 1H with 50% for full game downloads

Translation:

11.4bn yen of digital sales.

50% of that 11.4bn yen was toward full game downloads (retail, presumably).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This thing needs lot of advertising due to the confusing name, but mostly being new users is positive.

Makes sense. The 2DS is not an upgrade in any way from the other models. It's something made just for new users, and outside some crossover from people who may like the flat design, I can't see why anyone with a 3DS or an Xl would get one.

A BRAND NEW TITLE BY MONOLITH SOFT INC.

funny to see how there's no title yet. Actually, we still know pretty much fuck all other than it's going to be XENOsomething

direct soon plz

Well, I'd imagine no name at this point means it's not Xenoblade 2. Though, unless it's a remake of Xenogears or something else they've done, I really don't understand why they would keep the name under wraps.

Riki

David Gibson ‏@gibbogame 42s

Nintendo because of Pokemon launch hadn't been doing much WiiU marketing but that has changed and sales have already improved

They'd better focus 100% of their marketing on just WiiU.

Nintendo did 11.4bn in digital sales in 1H with 50% for full game downloads

Holy hell!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Because Nintendo lol :p

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ko0uUl1.png

pokeymans
Last year's total was 3.6mm. As of the end of September 2013 it was over 1.5mm YTD.

So, um, 2.1mm in October? Am I doing it wrong? (Edited, sorry)

And getting over 5mm would mean doing at least 1.4mm in November and December combined. Seems easily doable, although it depends on what demand is like post-Pokémon launch.

Top Bottom