• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cal Robinson (GodisaGeek): Full Call of Duty Ghosts PS4 campaign walkthrough

tusken77

He's been at the Ghosts event in London and says it's a "far superior" experience on PS4. Some context: he's been mainly a 360 player this gen and uses an Xbox controller on his PS3.

pZ9odwu.png

He's a big COD fan and has given the game 10/10 in his review. http://www.godisageek.com/2013/11/call-duty-ghosts-review/ So, make of that what you will. Anyway, he's posted his thoughts and the PS4 campaign walkthrough in its entirety on his channel, so you can see for yourself just what it's like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IyEjAS0kG0&list=PLVur7hQLBzELvkfAWp4lTE6IS97Uu2MD5&index=1

Skeff

Nov 12th should be interesting implies that he has played the XB1 version too and it simply didn't stand up to the PS4, which visually isn't surprising, but considering the reports of the framerate issues on PS4, this kind of implies it's a next gen thing rather than a PS4 thing, which would align with what one of the insiders said.

SRTtoZ

So he's saying it shits all over the XB1 version which is embargoed until the 12th. We all knew it was going to be better than current gen but some people thought the XB1 version might turn out better somehow.

And Skeff beats me to it.

Also the thread title should be fixed to include COD. I had no idea what I was even clicking on.

Nov 12th should be interesting implies that he has played the XB1 version too and it simply didn't stand up to the PS4, which visually isn't surprising, but considering the reports of the framerate issues on PS4, this kind of implies it's a next gen thing rather than a PS4 thing, which would align with what one of the insiders said.

Or it could mean the 12th is when he gets his hands on the Xbox One version. Either way we know the PS4 is 1080P and the Xbox One is 720P, I would not expect any surprises.

I am sure a lot of launch titles will have frame rate issues.

jayu26

He does kind of imply that, which is the first I'm hearing of anyone (outside of devs) getting their hands on Xbone version.

tusken77

You forgot to add COD: Ghosts in the thread title.

Ack. So I did. Mods, help.

He says in the video that he played the XB1 version for "a long time", then played the PS4 version.

ekim

Or it could mean the 12th is when he gets his hands on the Xbox One version. Either way we know the PS4 is 1080P and the Xbox One is 720P, I would not expect any surprises.

I thought the XO version was also present at the Review event but just embargoed until the 12th, no?

SRTtoZ

Na that doesn't make sense. He wouldn't have said that because of course it's better on Ps4 over current gen, so what he's saying also implies he played ALL versions IMO. That's my take anyways.

Hmmm how he says it still doesnt confirm or deny that xbox one has the same framerate issues... However , theres a huge visual difference apparently..

methane47

his website says "UK's Leading Video Game Reviews, Previews, Videos, Podcast and News Portal."

Some how I doubt that though.

Certinty

So he claims the difference between the Xbox One version looks more current gen and the PS4 version is far better. Damn, didn't expect that big of a difference!

KOHIPEET

Well, that space part looks awesome for me, also the graphics aren't that bad in SP. I might pick it up for christmas.

So, um... why exactly isn't there any furor about a system releasing a fortnight from now with not only a review/impressions embargo, but an embargo on showing any footage of the XB1 SKU of COD: Ghosts and Battlefield multiplayer; while EA have yet to show any media publicly of the XB1 SKU of Need for Speed: Rivals, nor 2K Sports of NBA 2K14, nor Ubisoft of Assassin's Creed IV...

Na that doesn't make sense. He wouldn't have said that because of course it's better on Ps4 over current gen, so what he's saying also implies he played ALL versions IMO. That's my take anyways.

Yeah that does make more sense.

Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare, do not like the series. So probably should not be posting in this thread. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

There's no implication, he says clearly that he's played the XB1 version for a long time, but that it's a lot more 'current gen' vs the PS4 version which feels/looks 'next-gen' by comparison, to him. He does acknowledge framerate drops in certain circumstances though (i.e. 'when there's snow blowing in your face and a grenade goes off').

Sounds good to me. I'm picking this up after work today (nine hours left...), and upgrading to PS4 when it comes out.

#Hatersgonnahate

Skeff

So, um... why exactly isn't there any furor about a system releasing a fortnight from now with not only a review/impressions embargo, but an embargo on showing any footage of the XB1 SKU of COD: Ghosts and Battlefield multiplayer; while EA have yet to show any media publicly of the XB1 SKU of Need for Speed: Rivals, nor 2K Sports of NBA 2K14, nor Ubisoft of Assassin's Creed IV...

You'd think Games journaists would be all over that, but they're too busy complaining about the games being shown on "debug" PS4's because obviously the retail ones overheat.

yet more running in a straight line while stuff explodes and falls apart around you.. fucking yawn. who still thinks that's exciting gameplay??

space stuff
was pretty cool though. might have to borrow the game for that.

SRTtoZ

Yeah that does make more sense.

Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare, do not like the series. So probably should not be posting in this thread. :)

It's all good. Stay if you'd like :)

There's no implication, he says clearly that he's played the XB1 version for a long time, but that it's a lot more 'current gen' vs the PS4 version which feels/looks 'next-gen' by comparison, to him. He does acknowledge framerate drops in certain circumstances though (i.e. 'when there's snow blowing in your face and a grenade goes off').

Yea I just watched the intro. I wrote my previous post going by the tweet only.

He does kind of imply that, which is the first I'm hearing of anyone (outside of devs) getting their hands on Xbone version.

I'm pretty sure that the press has already played the Xbox One version, but MS has embargoed reviews until the 12th.

PBY

Banned
That review reads like a press release. So so bad.

But I do exprect the Ps4 version to look better. Don't expect the bone version to look more "current gen" tho.

Too busy complaining about the games being shown on "debug" PS4's because obviously the retail ones overheat.

Not to mention that all of the PS4 review events have been staged, so you obviously can't trust them. I mean, think about the gaming press! This is literally endangering their way of life, to the point where journos are considering leaving the industry!

Sessler's Salty Tears

Skeff

I'm one of few who actually really enjoy the SP campaigns of CoD.

I prefer SP to MP, mainly because of the playerbase in MP, no offense to all of the nice people who play, there are just so many players I'd prefer to avoid...

That review reads like a press release. So so bad.

But I do exprect the Ps4 version to look better. Don't expect the bone version to look more "current gen" tho.

I tend to agree. For a game that already looks pretty "current-gen" on the PS4, I'm not sure how it could be even worse, especially if it's already running at 720p. Perhaps there are a few dust/snow/smoke effects missing (pure speculation, obviously)? Regardless, I'm sure that the Xbox One version of Ghosts will still look like a significant upgrade over current-gen versions.

It's a shame he didn't qualify his "more current-gen" statement with something a bit more concrete; this will not end well.

Skeff

I tend to agree. For a game that already looks pretty "current-gen" on the PS4, I'm not sure how it could be even worse, especially if it's already running at 720p. Perhaps there are a few dust/snow/smoke effects missing (pure speculation, obviously)? Regardless, I'm sure that the Xbox One version of Ghosts will still look like a significant upgrade over current-gen versions.

It's a shame he didn't qualify his "more current-gen" statement with something a bit more concrete; this will not end well.

I don't think he can qualify it until the 12th if he wishes to go to the review event again next year.

PBY

Banned
I don't think he can qualify it until the 12th if he wishes to go to the review event again next year.
Then hey- don't say stuff like "looks more current gen" without elaboration. Either way, its a really easy way for his review to get clicks. Which is a shame because he's an awful, awful writer.

kriskrosbbk

I refuse to watch any other PS4 title which is running 60fps on youtube.We need a different solution for those videos in future.

Paz

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the PS4 and XBox One versions were both shown to press, but with different embargo dates as some are suggesting? If so I'm sort of shocked that there are not articles all over the net talking about how ridiculous that is, and no threads about it specifically on GAF.

The only legitimate reason I can think of for someone setting separate embargoes is if one version is due to be finished significantly later, in which case you shouldn't be showing it in the first place so a second embargo would be irrelevant (And seemingly this is not the case here).

Skeff

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the PS4 and XBox One versions were both shown to press, but with different embargo dates as some are suggesting? If so I'm sort of shocked that there are not articles all over the net talking about how ridiculous that is, and no threads about it specifically on GAF.

The only legitimate reason I can think of for someone setting separate embargoes is if one version is due to be finished significantly later, in which case you shouldn't be showing it in the first place so a second embargo would be irrelevant (And seemingly this is not the case here).

The reviewer in question confirms he has played the XB1 version extensively.

Top Bottom