• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls Steam free weekend and 33% off. Free Squigly expires on 11/22

em14rL7.gif

I take it this means the PC version was a rousing success. Excellent. Now get to work on SG II with all of the characters that didn't make the vote :)

Silky

Banned
Are you guys reffering to Squigly when she was unfinished? Like, when she didn't have a Story mode/had unfinished sprites?

Dambrosi

Banned
Hold on.

So, Skullgirls is free to play over the weekend with a 33% discount.

The Squiggly DLC is free until the 22nd.

In Steam, DLC is treated the same as any other mod - it's saved as a part of the game's data, and is permanently associated with the account with which it was purchased/downloaded, even if you don't own the game in question. i know this to be true - I won a piece of Awesomenauts cosmetic DLC from Modbot thinking it was for Scribblenauts - an easy mistake to make at 3 in the morning with a cold-induced headache - but then, I downloaded Awesomenauts during one of its many free weekends, redeemed the code, and it worked fine until the free weekend was over. Then about a month later I won Awesomenauts itself off Modbot, installed it, and the DLC was still attached as if nothing untoward happened.

Does that mean that you could download the game, then download the DLC, then not buy the game until, say, a 50% off Daily Deal next month, but the DLC would still be attached to the game data associated with your account, just as if you owned it legitimately? Could be a nice loophole to get Squiggly for free if you don't have the cash to pony up yet (like me).

Gliffyr

Somewhat related is that Big Band has been available for the beta for a week or so. He's in a similar state to when Squigly first appeared there, but that might be good reason for some people to jump on board or return to the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hold on.

So, Skullgirls is free to play over the weekend with a 33% discount.

The Squiggly DLC is free until the 22nd.

In Steam, DLC is treated the same as any other mod - it's saved as a part of the game's data, and is permanently associated with the account with which it was purchased/downloaded, even if you don't own the game in question. i know this to be true - I won a piece of Awesomenauts cosmetic DLC from Modbot thinking it was for Scribblenauts - an easy mistake to make at 3 in the morning with a cold-induced headache - but then, I downloaded Awesomenauts during one of its many free weekends, redeemed the code, and it worked fine until the free weekend was over. Then about a month later I won Awesomenauts itself off Modbot, installed it, and the DLC was still attached as if nothing untoward happened.

Does that mean that you could download the game, then download the DLC, then not buy the game until, say, a 50% off Daily Deal next month, but the DLC would still be attached to the game data associated with your account, just as if you owned it legitimately? Could be a nice loophole to get Squiggly for free if you don't have the cash to pony up yet (like me).

Technically yes. It's not a loophole. It's intentional. As long as you download her before the 22nd, she's free.

Cth

Technically yes. It's not a loophole. It's intentional. As long as you download her before the 22nd, she's free.

This was my plan but I've been unable to download the free dlc.

Even tried adding all the dlc and removing the color bundle, but only the color bundle is added.

Ah well.. guess I'll wait for it to drop in price further.

Dambrosi

Banned
How odd, then, that I cannot "purchase" her at the moment - every time I try, the Steam client kicks me back out to the Store page. Maybe Lab Zero cottoned on?

^ Ah, I see I'm not alone in this. A server bug, or intentional?

This was my plan but I've been unable to download the free dlc.

Even tried adding all the dlc and removing the color bundle, but only the color bundle is added.

Ah well.. guess I'll wait for it to drop in price further.

I'm 90% sure her data is in the game download. When the game came out I don't remember downloading anything besides the game to have her appear.

Ghazi

I downloaded it earlier to give it a try and maybe buy it and I couldn't get it working, seems to have no working control scheme for keyboard and mouse. It's literally impossible to navigate the main menu with keyboard and mouse because you can't select and back out of things (it's says left click to select things and right click to cancel, but they don't do anything).

Shame, I wanted to play this on the go when I didn't have a fightpad or fightstick on me.

Ravidrath

I forgot to keep track of this is she out as Free DLC on the PS3 version yet?

Not yet.

Long story short: Konami sucks, and Autumn had to sever the distribution relationship with them in order to make the new character patches happen on console at all.

So currently we're waiting for the PSN/XBLA publisher transition to be completed, then we can start getting those on there.

As far as we know, the console patches are done - we've completed testing and both should be ready to submit as soon as this publisher transition stuff gets cleared up.

Ravidrath

It's probably buried in my inbox somewhere then.

Humble Bundle doesn't automatically send out - you have to request your key, and we've given instructions on how to do that many times though IGG updates.

So if you stopped getting IGG updates, you may want to check your spam folder or IGG prefs.

Anyway...

Go here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

Input the e-mail address you contributed from, and you'll get a link to your Steam key, downloads, etc. at that address shortly thereafter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As long as it's a six-button pad (like the MadCatz SF4 ones), it's perfectly fine for casual play.

Dunno about that. I don't have problems with MvC on a DS3 but I'm having problems with tagging character 2 here. I blame it on the HP+HK command and me not using two fingers on the L/R's.

The game's... alright now that I've tried the "full" version out after being unimpressed/repulsed by the bare-bones PS3 demo/beta-alpha-whatever release, but I'm still not feeling it.

I don't think it's for me, but I do like there's a game trying to push the MvC style out there more. Needs to be a few more titles out there non-Marvel/non-Capcom doing it.

I'm not clear on how to download her? She's greyed out and it says DLC is available, but I don't see anything to click on to download her specifically. She's available in the Endless Beta, however.

edit: figured it out.

Dachande

Dunno about that. I don't have problems with MvC on a DS3 but I'm having problems with tagging character 2 here. I blame it on the HP+HK command and me not using two fingers on the L/R's.

Uh... that's why I said a 6-button pad. As in 6 face buttons. No way would I try playing Skullgirls on a DS3 or 360 pad with only 4 face buttons.

Are the single player features (tutorial included) available during the free week-end? A friend of mine asked his before he had to head out and I can't really check as I already own the game.

And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet for anyone still doubting: online lobbies with spectator mode (I think?) have been implemented a while back, and Big Band's available in the bèta (which I think unlocks upon purchase of the full game).

Are the single player features (tutorial included) available during the free week-end? A friend of mine asked his before he had to head out and I can't really check as I already own the game.

And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet for anyone still doubting: online lobbies with spectator mode (I think?) have been implemented a while back, and Big Band's available in the bèta (which I think unlocks upon purchase of the full game).
Yes. It's the full game, cutting out parts of it for the free weekend is a) daft and b) requires a fair amount of effort to implement in games that aren't split in two.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
well so much for Skullgirls

can't get my stick to work soooo

(not the game's problem, I should be clear)

TheOGB

Banned
Wait, so does this mean we should go terrorize the beginner's lobbies
No, of course not

How serviceable is with a pad? I really don't think I'll be ever getting a stick.
It's just fine. I don't know if it's just me, but Squigly especially is great for pad play.

Top Bottom