• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Coming to PS4/PS3 first

just confirmed on Spike PS4 live stream

Trailer as Well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6MNSdUZ20

The launch of the PlayStation 4 opens the door to the next generation frontier of action and adventure. Though our team couldn’t make the trip to New York City, we celebrated alongside the PlayStation Nation back here at the studio with a brief look at some new in-engine footage from Destiny.

We also announced that the Destiny Beta will be available first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. To reserve your seat, just pre-order the game at select retailers.

Happy next gen gaming! See you in 2014.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Celebrating-the-PS4-Launch/en/News/News?aid=11276

SuperD77

Banned
Anyone else think we're starting to see a lot more evidence of battle lines being drawn pretty definitely as Microsoft/EA and Sony/Activision? Going to be interesting to see if Microsoft maintains their stranglehold on CoD DLC going forward or if we see them more aligned with Battlefield.

Kyleoty

Neo Member
PS4Launch.jpg

3rd In Line.

Love the handle!

Vire

Graphics are pretty unimpressive, but it's a Bungie game so who am I kidding - I'm buying the shit out of this.

tensuke

Just so you folks know--Amazon doesn't charge on preorders until it ships, so you can preorder there and they'll send you a beta code you can redeem on bungie.net. So you can still try the beta without having to fork over any money yet. :)

Steel

Banned
Love Bungie and glad that they're not stuck on the halo franchise anymore. Still, is this really a good thing necessarily? Depending on the level of buggieness we may just be beta testing for the Xbox one and PC versions.

Bungie

I understand that they are trying to gain a PlayStation fan base but there's no point to this if they're losing the Xbox fan base by making Xbox fans feel unimportant. Bungie doesn't mention anything Xbox for Destiny.
Who cares about what went down with them & Microsoft. It wasn't the fans fault.

I understand that they are trying to gain a PlayStation fan base but there's no point to this if they're losing the Xbox fan base by making Xbox fans feel unimportant. Bungie doesn't mention anything Xbox for Destiny.

They have a co-marketing deal with Sony, so everything you hear/see about Destiny will likely be PS focused. It's no different than MS and their deal with CoD.

Mumford

Is there any hope for a Halo style competitive multiplayer? Halo died with 4 (imo) would love to see it go on so to speak.

BBboy20

I'm getting it for PS3 and even I'm disappointed they're willing to do this. Like, why not Killzone armor and weapons? Rachet's Wrench or Clank's remote? I mean, come on, Sony. =/

N.Domixis

Banned
Their fan base is jumping ship to playstation.

Pretty cool but will they let you carry stuff over to the retail game? If not playing in a beta seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bummed because I'll probably only have an XB1 when the Beta drops but damn that new footage looked great. Shiiiiit.

Also, holy shit at Bungie putting a beta out on 4 platforms. What a task.

GhaleonEB

LOL
no.

On my team at work, there were three or four 360 gamers this (last?) gen. All of us are getting PS4's this time around. Anecdotal and all, but I've seen it a lot in the Halo circles as well, including GAF.

Kinda bummed as I'm playing the Beta on 360, so I'll have to wait longer.

Mix

Bungie did not decide this. Activision did. Xbox has COD and PS gets Destiny. That's just how the Execs over there thought it should work out.

Barzul

Bungie did not decide this. Activision did. Xbox has COD and PS gets Destiny. That's just how the Execs over there thought it should work out.

Still stings. Sony would never have let Bungie go. I was hoping for an Epic like relationship after the split, but it seems Activision calls the shots on this. I'm not mad Playstation players get to experience Bungie games it's more like it's starting to feel like they're treating the Xbox ecosystem like it's second class, everytime Destiny is mentioned it's almost always playstation related.

Question: is Destiny coming for the PC as well? Will there be cross platform servers or whatnot between the PS4 and the PC?

I'm asking cause I'm sure this will be the game that all my friends will want to play...except I have a pretty beefy PC and my friends don't

This is a reckless decision for any developer. If your beta testing you eant it beta tested on all platforms for an equal amount of time. If the XBox version is a buggy mess do to an exclusive timeframe of beta testinf it will only hurt bungies reputation

Pay attention, son. This is the part of the story that's really important:

Bungie isn't losing the Xbox fanbase, Xbox is losing the Xbox fanbase.

This is a reckless decision for any developer. If your beta testing you eant it beta tested on all platforms for an equal amount of time. If the XBox version is a buggy mess do to an exclusive timeframe of beta testinf it will only hurt bungies reputation
This post is still pre-alpha.

nampad

Sony's exclusive third party deals are so boring. Some exclusive missions are already weak but earlier beta access is even lamer.

This doesn't make sense in the context of the discussion.

Activision likes partnerships becuase it makes money. Therefore sign one with MS and one with Sony. MS gets COD, Sony gets Destiny.

What the poster above is saying is that many xbox fans are getting a PS4. To what extent we don't know but theres definitely a new fan base forming on PS4.

Nutter

Your continuous Bungie is awesome mantra is hilarious. Especially when you loved their worst Halo game.. but I guess that sort of explains it.

Bungie

I take all that back, been looking into it & it seems like more is still going Xbox One for Destiny. So as long the player base is there, I'm fine.

Top Bottom