• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

1PZ9KnK.jpg

9xtEq2Y.jpg
ROyQFMk.jpg
qH3kN6k.jpg
3Atv90N.jpg

UiIdGYy.jpg

Welcome to Grand Theft Online OT2. With great respect from WhatRobEats and all the gaf crew members. I've been put in charge as the Commissioner for the crew. Since the start of GTAO. The gaf crew has expanded, lost members, gain new ones and caused alot of mayhem. Currently the Official GTAO gaf crew has reached critical mass at 300 members strong. Over this next 7 days (or longer). I will be asking for current players (including part-time players) to send me a snapmatic photo of themselves with some information.

If you are a member of brit gaf crew or the "third" I figure the best idea is to merge these into 1 crew. If the leaders of those 2 crews can PM me so I can get details.

This will confirm your status in the crew:

PSN name. (I'll be going through the gaf google document for the name info)
Snapmatic image of yourself. (I can grab it from the social club or you can PM me a link with the info, or post it here with the info.)
Time-Zone you are in.
Headset Status (yes or no) (This is an update from google document).
Meet up availability.

This is only to "re confirm" your status. I'll be using my average photoshop skills to make a gaf crew member image that I'll post here so everyone can know the information quicker and at a glance. Name is on left with 1st row for time zone, 2nd row "HS" for headset (with S in red that you have a headset and use it. All white will be no headset) and 3rd row is play time. I'll include a link to your profile on the social club (If you don't want this please include that in the "info" when you send me your photo and info. This is a basic design that will change once more members are posted.

Example:

This will also make room for new members willing to join the gaf crew on GTAO. I can understand that a new game draws in everybody before launch then real world comes into play with new games and next generation madness. I'll only ask that if your a part-time player and do get online some of the time feel free to update the info. For "placeholders" it's no problem. Include your start date for the game if possible or that your on a break with next gen and might come back. I can update the new gaf crew member image with the details. The social club has stats on all crew members and I'll be going through playtime with some members and removing them from the crew. If you see your status as a member is gone please PM the info of your account and I'll reinvite. I'll also be appointing Lieutenants in order to recruit new members and players you meet.

Over this next week also, I'll be building some weekly events that everyone can join. It will depend if there's more than 16 players available to meet up for an event (Such as team deathmatch, racing, anything goes) so 2 server's might be required. I'll also be adding gifs of the week, images of the week and general content that you want added. Hit me up with any ideas you think of. I'll be posting all new information for future updates on this post only and not in the forum where it might get lost of the pages.

Na7NFae.jpg

The world of Grand Theft Auto Online gets even deeper with the Beach Bum update, now available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In order to keep GTA Online flexible and constantly evolving, the game is built to receive new content in a variety of ways including major paid expansions at specific points across the year, dropping additional content via regular title updates, and even the instant and seamless addition of jobs via the Rockstar Social Club. The Beach Bum content comes via a free update to GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V's Story Mode as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06), so just fire up your console to download it. Alongside additional game tuning (see details below), the Beach Bum update includes:

NEW VEHICLES, WEAPONS & MORE
Take on new Beach Bum Races with the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck or the Bravado Paradise beach camper van. For aquatic-based endeavors, the classic Speeder speedboat is also now available. All four vehicles can also be accessed in Story Mode and are available at no in-game cost. To access them in GTA Online, just visit the southernsanandreassuperautos.com in-game website (or docktease.com for the Speeder).

Also available in both Story Mode and Online (and at no additional in-game cost) are the new SNS Pistol & Broken Bottle - a pair of close range weapons perfect for any beach blanket brouhaha.

This update also features a wide array of new apparel - everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colors... plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options.

30 NEW JOBS COMING TO THE WORLD OF LOS SANTOS & BLAINE COUNTY
In conjunction with today's Beach Bum update, we're also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online today. This includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront "Survival on Del Perro Pier" and more.

TITLE UPDATE 1.06
Along with the new Beach Bum update content, automatic Title Update 1.06 also includes a host of fixes and adjustments for Grand Theft Auto Online, which are listed here:

Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.

actual_1384708242.jpg

DYNAMIC TUNING TO GTA ONLINE
In tandem with today's Title Update, we've also completed a new round of dynamic tuning on the game. This includes changes to the Bad Sport system and continued balancing of rewards for all different types Jobs. Notable adjustments are listed below:

The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.

Misc Links:

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT1| The Stimulation Has Began!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686703

Conslute the 1st post in this thread for "starting" info regarding GTA online.

PS3 GTA Crew thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676505

X360 GTA Crew thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677949

------ Posts regarding "money glitching", "car duplication for purpose of selling", cheats (not in offical RS appointed ones), glitching to make money is not allowed. If you are looking for a way to do this. Consult another forum/youtube etc.... ------

Outstanding, love that new OT smell. Really looking forward to the future of GTA:O, especially with a tighter crew.

The tidbit about larger scales updates released throughout the year are most tantalizing. Heists will be fantastic sure, but what else do they have up their sleeve?

Vashetti

Banned
Got the 1.06 patch in the UK for PS3.

How do I get the Beach Bum pack? Or will that come tomorrow with the PS store update?

Squoig

Banned
Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.

This sounds good. There's nothing worse then spending half an hour on a mission only to receive $1500

snacknuts

we all knew her
This sounds good. There's nothing worse then spending half an hour on a mission only to receive $1500

I assume there is a time that Rockstar thinks the mission should take and not the actual amount of time to finish. I don't want to find myself trying to do missions with people who refuse to finish so they can run the clock up for a bigger payoff.

Timurse

Banned
So the money glitch is still working (though 10% more effort).
I made a small video with instructions for you guys.

So go there and grab your tanks, adders and 9999 ammo for all the weapons (if you don't have all of these already).

Batigol

Banned
I made a small video with instructions for you guys.

So go there and grab your tanks, adders and 9999 ammo for all the weapons (if you don't have all of these already).

Lol I love that it still works

------ Posts regarding "money glitching", "car duplication for purpose of selling", cheats (not in offical RS appointed ones), glitching to make money is not allowed. If you are looking for a way to do this. Consult another forum/youtube etc.... ------

really.......I'll need you to edit that post and remove it please. There will be no talk about money glitching on this topic. Thank you.

I'll also need you Batigol to remove the quoted post from Timurse.

So it's been a few days since I was last on and my strength reset back down to its base level... I know there's supposedly some atrophy if you don't use it for awhile but W...T...F. Also have the same problem with lung capacity.

Top it off it looks like they fixed the means of raising strength while standing on a vehicle with someone in it. >_<

really.......I'll need you to edit that post and remove it please. There will be no talk about money glitching on this topic. Thank you.

I'll also need you Batigol to remove the quoted post from Timurse.

ha, as if the GTA online threads weren't slow enough already. But ok.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Nice thread! Love the banner :D Is that a Titan crashing into a freight train in the top-left panel!?

ha, as if the GTA online threads weren't slow enough already. But ok.

Come on man, it's no way to stimulate healthy discussion. By all means tell us what you did with all your crazy money, but no one needs to see that cheat/hax/glitch stuff posted for the umpteenth time.

Hopped on last night and nabbed the new vehicles (UK PSN). Started pimping out the Kalahari (with steps and everything) and it's surprisingly fun to drive! You can also have people ride in the back of the Paradise van and shoot out, which is pretty cool (probably possible in a regular van but hey).

By the way, if anyone is like me and prefers to turn off voice chat from everybody, they may have run into a bug where you randomly start hearing people anyway. To fix this, just go into the Pause > Settings >Audio menu and hit 'Restore Defaults'. The voices should go away, and you can re-adjust your audio settings. Kind of annoying, but beats having to quit the server/game I guess.

E92 M3

Nice OP; thanks for all of the information on the patch. It's nice to see R* make changes, but it always sucks when they nerf races. Racing is pretty much all I did since I play alone.

So after a little testing, despite my strength showing up as being its original value from when I made my character (just under 20/100 IIRC) I'm still climbing ladders at the max strength level and knocking out/killing pedestrians with the same number of punches. I guess it's still 100/100 but bugged, that'd explain why I couldn't raise it again.

can't invite anyone to or join any activities (missions, races, tennis, etc.). Vehicles glitched into garages were removed as well. No more armored truck extractions :'(

The patch has only removed things for me. what a shame.

Ploid 3.0

Must say, I'm surprised it made it to OT2 so fast. I hear there was a dlc thing released, hope the game works out for the players. Still saving my millions for the chance they might add the stock market.

Edit:

Ohh daang. Ok :(

Edit2: I hope I didn't get kicked form the Gaf The Third, that logo is boss. Big SR fan.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Been playing a bit again over the last few days. More and more people seem to have tanks and jets. Which means GTA Online is turning more and more into a war photography simulator for me.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I could probably just go offline when I feel like playing Grand Theft Photojournalism…

jakncoke

Banned
Gotta ask something,

So my cousin was telling me he was labeled a bad sport. I lold but once he told me about it I gotta ask whats up

So he blew up a tank and a dudes car happened to be beside it, So that dude decided to get revenge. Failed.. hard. My cousin killed him 23 times to him killing my cousin 6 times. My cousin got put on bad sport for 2 days for bullying lol. Now how is it my cousins fault if dude keeps coming back for more? Somehow they found each other again, I think maybe same session idk really. And the dude came after my cousin again which he got killed and my cousin got a 3rd day. Now wtf is this lol

Also, so glad the car dupe glitch is fixed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What's the fastest way of making money now? They really have nuked the races

Yeah I noticed this yesterday, I got something retarded like $800 for coming third in a race, wtf. It was never that low before. I came second in a 4.5mile race and got 4k, even that seems a bit cheap.

Anything that reduces the amount of Criminal Records and Down the Drain farming is fine by me. It's just a shame it came to this, racing is all I do.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of races, anyone ever go through the races and race abnormal laps numbers to get top 500 race times for that numbered lap race haha

Haven't had a ton o time since the bums beached all over GTAO, but those new off-road races are so much fun. The new parachuting missions are also pretty great. R* really fixed a lot of crap with this latest update. Though, some other areas took a little bit of a hit, those will be fixed soonish. I did get some good video of three Bifta's tearing it up for a little bit, coming soon.

djm

So uh, is the online a ghost town now or am I having network issues on my end? I'm level 20, and can't seem to get into a free-roam with more than 1 or 2 other people. I saw the recent update came out so I decided to pop this back in and screw around. My NAT isn't perfect but I had no issues getting into games around launch. Attempting to quick find a job dumps me into an empty lobby every time as well.

Oh well.

e: after restarting the game, it prompted me to actually download the Beach Bum thing. That's why I wasn't finding any games or people. Problem solved!

jakncoke

Banned
So uh, is the online a ghost town now or am I having network issues on my end? I'm level 20, and can't seem to get into a free-roam with more than 1 or 2 other people. I saw the recent update came out so I decided to pop this back in and screw around. My NAT isn't perfect but I had no issues getting into games around launch. Attempting to quick find a job dumps me into an empty lobby every time as well.

Oh well.

Which system? Sometimes after a few races by myself i'll come out to see whats up and find myself in a session with like 2 other people lol(im on ps3)

AndyVillan

Neo Member

No probs :eek:)

Seriously though, I'm so annoyed at the way they've battered down the winnings from races, I came 1st in the Grand Tour and I got $6800 WTF?? That used to be a guaranteed 13k +.

They are making it so hard to earn any money at all and it's destroying the online for me, GTA Dollars? Fuck you...

MADGAME

The BF Buggy is a very fast off-roader with great handling. Wondering if it's official stats are posted anywhere? I want to compare it to the Injection.

Top Bottom