• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giveaway for David Vigil: Draw stuff, write stuff, win a game!

FYC

Banned
Thanks to Y2Kev for letting me do this. I greatly appreciate it.

SsCTg03.jpg

Donate

Buy his stuff (all purchases go towards his treatment)

David Vigil, otherwise known as "That Vigilante" is suffering from Stage 2 Pancreatic cancer. Last year, David was also fighting for his life because of cancer, but with the help of some very generous people and the massive spread of word on twitter and such, enough money was raised to save him. Unfortunately, during a simple check-up, they found out that the cancer has spread and David is now in an even worse state than before. Fortunately, we recently hit enough for his surgery! However, we still need less than $9000 to fund his aftercare.

David makes amazing collectible merchandise inspired by Naughty Dog games and his work has been featured on Kotaku, among other sites. He's made multiple watches from Uncharted (did you know Drake wears a different one in each game?), Drake's leather gun holster, his belt buckle, Ellie and Joel's backpacks, a Clicker pencil holder, and more.

So I decided to do a little giveaway in hopes of encouraging people to donate. Donating is completely optional, of course.

Rules

Every day, I will ask people to draw a different list of games, such as "favorite games from gen x" or "favorite games from year xxxx", and briefly write about why they chose those games. I got this idea from Olly Moss when he tweeted out this image.

T4qxnMI.png

A simple drawing and explanation will do! Hell, you don't even have to draw a list, be creative! I just thought this might be a fun way to raise money, so please, have fun with it!

The winner is picked randomly and will win a free game! Without further ado, here's todays list and prize:

==================

The List

Draw your favorite games from Last-Gen(360/Wii/PS3) and briefly write about them.

The Prize

r9t1s6M.jpg

System Shock 2 (DRM free!)

The winner and new list are announced every day at 12:00 PM PST. This giveaway will only last a week, ending on November 30th.

Have fun. If you have any suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Grief.exe

It should be a requirement to play System Shock 2 if you are going to post on GAF.

One of the best games I have played this year, looks surprisingly good with some mods installed.

kubus

Wow it's so awesome that you're doing this! More people need to see this.

I would like to participate but I don't think I have the guts to play system shock, lol.

As for ideas, maybe let people donate games to the prize pool if they want? I'm sure there are a bunch of people here with leftover steam keys that can be donated to this cause. Bigger prize pool also means more participation maybe?

FYC

Banned
Wow it's so awesome that you're doing this! More people need to see this.

I would like to participate but I don't think I have the guts to play system shock, lol.

As for ideas, maybe let people donate games to the prize pool if they want? I'm sure there are a bunch of people here with leftover steam keys that can be donated to this cause. Bigger prize pool also means more participation maybe?

Sure, I'll gladly accept prize donations!

Top Bottom