• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Thaler (one of the minds behind PS4's PlayGo system) to join Naughty Dog

Cyberia

WlIhfbl.png

5YV8hWj.png

https://twitter.com/drewthaler/status/407565332023214080

Damn, Naughty Gods indeed.

I really hope they are laying the foundations for a third team. Would love to see annual ND releases with three year development times for each game.

Alvarez

Banned
I'm getting kind of scared now. According to this trend, I will be working for Naughty Dog by the end of the year--and I'm not ready for that kind of pressure!

Wow. He did great work on the PS4 OS. I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly games install and play.

ND already has some of the best level streaming tech in the business. Curious to see how it can get better!

Steroyd

I really hope they are laying the foundations for a third team. Would love to see annual ND releases with three year development times for each game.

*drools*

Will be interesting to see what social features they'll incorporate, it seems that will be the main theme for next gen.

Cornbread78

Oh $hit, this has to all but confirm they are producing three games at once. Surely, they have more than enough staff to get three done at once.

They must have a third team up and running by now. If true I'm slightly worried about the quality of their output, bigger company, harder to keep it focused on it's core values.

I wonder if they're just expanding the ICE team's technical breadth and this won't have a direct impact on only ND games.

edit: Tweet edited in above me suggests that's not the case.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Naughty Dog's tech and art teams have gained lots of great people lately. They're going to be stepping it up this gen for sure.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Uncharted 4 to play as soon as the download is started lol.

Wait, they start recruiting from SCE internal now?
Naughty Dog to do to Sony what Sony did to Nintendo? Naughty Gods indeed lol.

Fuck. They'd be the SquareSoft of this age if they can pull that off.

Damn can't wait to see what they put out this gen. Slightly disappointed they're starting off with another Uncharted though,.

Kagutaba

Now get much better gameplay designers and you would be all set.

(TLoU is a step in the right direction, though)

Feorax

Has to be a third team, so many joining so quickly. Uncharted, TLoU and one other.

ND truly Sony's flagship studio now.

satam55

Banned
Taking a snapshot on twitter & uploading to pic uploading site take too long. How do embed a tweet into a post? I've seen a couple posters do it before.

Top Bottom