• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insiderp Rumor: Killzone Shadow Fall Sales Exceeded 1 Million, Dead Rising 3 - 600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock if old.

Insiderp said:
Yes folks! We have the numbers . Killzone : Shadowfall - Guerilla's PS4 launch title has sold over 1 million copies worldwide*. The number is brought to you courtesy of NPD, GFK and independent trackers in Asia and Western Europe. We can confirm that around 27% of the sales were from bundles . The game reached the coveted mark after PS4's debut in Korea on December 17th, 2013 . We can also confirm that Xbox One's launch title Dead Rising 3 has also sold over 600,000 copies. Congratulations to both Guerilla Games and Capcom from Insiderp !

*The number is as of December 20,2013

Source (this site is sure pretty suspicious, but it's not banned or anything): http://www.insiderp.com/killzone-shadowfall-sells-1-million.html

So, if that's not pulled from someone's ass, looks like these titles sell alright WW. And numbers sound pretty realistic TBH.

The Lamp

1 million? Well when there's hardly anything to play I guess you have to resort to buying a mediocre shooter. I did.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Good for KZ if true, hope they don't kill the franchise after the negative reception.

NateDrake

Nov. NPD CreamSugar told us KZ:SF was around 270k in Nov. If this site is to be believed, they "track" that KZ:SF has sold over 700k in Europe and Asia.

Morts

I bought Killzone and enjoyed it much more than reviews/GAF made me think I would. It's also the only Killzone I've played other than the first level of Killzone 2.

Persona7

Banned
Glad to see Dead Rising doing well. I think it will be one of those titles that stretches out over time.

Assuming this is correct information. I was guessing it would do 500k - 1m at first.

Zornack

I bought Killzone and enjoyed it much more than reviews/GAF made me think I would. It's also the only Killzone I've played other than the first level of Killzone 2.

Exact same situation here. Played the first level of KZ2, it did nothing for me, but had a blast with SF.

We can confirm that around 27% of the sales were from bundles

That just made it less impressive to me. People probably only bought it because they were forced to get Killzone if they wanted a PS4 in the first place.

Wonder what Forza Motorsport 5 is at. Probably the best selling Xbox One game, but then again, it was free to most of Europe, so probably not. But hey, fuck it since they're counting bundled Killzones as a sale, Bundled Forza is probably the best selling Next Gen title. :p

EDIT: But neither have bad sales, just want to clarify that. :) Killzone still sold 700k or so, regardless of the bundles, and Dead Rising 3 selling 600k is great. That's a pretty high number as far as attachment rates go. Congrats to both. :)

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Killzone came with a lot of the ps4 bundles in the UK at least. We have had shed loads of copies traded in. A lot sealed too

TokiDoki

Well apart from KZ : SF , what else can you buy ? Consumers wanted to buy a next gen console , and they need at least one game . So , KZ is a safe bet and exclusive compared to multiplatforms like BF4 and COD Ghost .

kenta

Has no PEINS
Nov. NPD CreamSugar told us KZ:SF was around 270k in Nov. If this site is to be believed, they "track" that KZ:SF has sold over 700k in Europe and Asia.
Weird that 27% of the sales were from bundles and that creamsugar's number was 27% of the supposed 1m number

Skilletor

Well apart from KZ : SF , what else can you buy ? Consumers wanted to buy a next gen console , and they need at least one game . So , KZ is a safe bet and exclusive compared to multiplatforms like BF4 and COD Ghost .

Probably one or more of the games in the NPD. Why are people acting like cross platform games don't count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom