• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR:Feat. length HALO project produced by Ridley Scott & written by Paul Scheuring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
qK4EqHU.png

So, is this different than the Halo TV show by Spielberg?

JdFoX187

Banned
Is this reliable in any way? I can't see Fantastic Four filming when last we heard, there still wasn't a script, and they don't have any casting done yet. And I really doubt something as massive as a live action Halo project with Ridley Scott attached in any sort of capacity would be casually mentioned via Twitter like this.

Is this reliable in any way? I can't see Fantastic Four filming when last we heard, there still wasn't a script, and they don't have any casting done yet. And I really doubt something as massive as a live action Halo project with Ridley Scott attached in any sort of capacity would be casually mentioned via Twitter like this.

When it comes to projects and start dates they tend to be fairly reliable. Its not a cheap subscription by any means.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sure. Makes sense I guess if it ever really happens.

Is halo still as popular in the mainstream? Like it's not on halo 2 hype anymore.

JdFoX187

Banned
When it comes to projects and start dates they tend to be fairly reliable. Its not a cheap subscription by any means.
Hmm, if that's the case, it appears Fox is going to push out something just to keep the license. I'm still skeptical about the Halo project. Surely we would have heard something by now if Ridley Scott was attached.

Sure. Makes sense I guess if it ever really happens.

Is halo still as popular in the mainstream? Like it's not on halo 2 hype anymore.
The IP is still popular. It might not be at its Halo 2 launch hype levels, but few games ever reach that point.

Blader

Production Weekly is reliable, but yeah FF shooting in two months without any cast attached so far seems really strange.

Well, Halo 4's previous Art Director Kenneth Scott is still involved with 343, yet moved to California.. Perhaps he will wind up involved with this project?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i believed it when spielberg was going to direct... look at where that got us

i believed it when jackson/blomkamp was going to direct... look at where that got us

ridley scott? not going to believe it!

Blader

Anything that distracts Ridley from returning to Blade Runner.

I don't think these producing credits take up any of Ridley's time, he has his name attached to a half dozen projects every year on top of the things he directs himself.

Oh fuck, Scott doing a Halo movie would get me too hyped for real life. Oh fuck the visuals. Oh my god.

Scott produces a ton of things, doesn't mean that he'll be the director if this thing turns out to be real.

Also, dude's been very hit or miss for the last decade, I can name a hundred people better suited for a Halo film than him.

Cartman86

Banned
Scott produces a ton of things, doesn't mean that he'll be the director if this thing turns out to be real.

Also, dude's been very hit or miss for the last decade, I can name a hundred people better suited for a Halo film than him.

Yeah I mean he's producer on The Good Wife (best show on TV) and that fucking movie version of the Coca Cola polar bears.

Jarmel

Banned

Oops, misread. I thought he was directing. Yea he's probably only involved in name only.

JdFoX187

Banned
And Marvel's doing FF again? Damn, they're really determined to pump out everything.

20th Century Fox. They own the license right now, and have been trying to get it off the ground to do some universe with their X-Men movies. But if they don't start filming by this fall, Marvel gets the rights back.

BadAss2961

20th Century Fox. They own the license right now, and have been trying to get it off the ground to do some universe with their X-Men movies. But if they don't start filming by this fall, Marvel gets the rights back.
Forgot about that. I don't think Fantastic Four is worth anything on film. Might as well just let Marvel have it back, like Daredevil.

I really don't get the Prometheus hate.

I thought the movie was terrific even if the pacing was a bit slow.
The engineers were the coolest thing I have seen in Sci fi in years.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really don't get the Prometheus hate.

I thought the movie was terrific even if the pacing was a bit slow.
The engineers were the coolest thing I have seen in Sci fi in years.

So you just tuned out the plot and the actions of the characters? Nice skill to have.

"Feature length digital" = a web series which gets re-packaged as a feature ala Forward Unto Dawn.
"Produced by Ridley Scott" = it's directed by someone repped @ BlackDog / RSA.

Microsoft should have went with the Halo Prequel movie directed by District 9 dude with a script by Alex Garland loosely based on Fall of Reach. It would have been so fucking good.

Bsigg12

Microsoft should have went with the Halo Prequel movie directed by District 9 dude with a script by Alex Garland loosely based on Fall of Reach. It would have been so fucking good.

They tried that once with Neil Blomkamp, Halo failed and we got District 9 instead.

I do agree though if they could have done a movie based on the Fall of Reach without retconing the shit out if the book like they did with Reach then it could have been great.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Please, no Riverdance music in my sci-fi.

I don't think a Halo movie can work. No one will give a damn about what happens except the fans, and the only way to have chief in it is if he isn't the main character but just a hero in the story, some kind of Gandalf in LOTR, or those airplanes at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

Sheroking

Please, no Riverdance music in my sci-fi.

I don't think a Halo movie can work. No one will give a damn about what happens except the fans, and the only way to have chief in it is if he isn't the main character but just a hero in the story, some kind of Gandalf in LOTR, or those airplanes at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

I don't see people throwing a shitfit if he takes the helmet off occasionally. It's not Judge Dredd.

I think the mythology is good enough that they'll have the raw tools. I didn't think there was room for a Halo movie until they developed the bond between Cortana and Chief, though. There was no heart to the franchise whatsoever until then, and no reason to treat Chief as anything but a cardboard cutout badass.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't see people throwing a shitfit if he takes the helmet off occasionally. It's not Judge Dredd.

I think the mythology is good enough that they'll have the raw tools. I didn't think there was room for a Halo movie until they developed the bond between Cortana and Chief, though. There was no heart to the franchise whatsoever until then, and no reason to treat Chief as anything but a cardboard cutout badass.

That's got to be a pillar for the film if they give a damn about characterization.

Just not the creepy/uncomfortable/man-i-hope-no-one-is-watching-me-play-this/fan-fictiony sequence at the end of Halo 4, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom