• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Live Action Adaptation In The Works

Source

No word on if it's a web series/short/movie/etc, but it's from the people that produced season one of Mortal Kombat Legacy. So my money would be on web series.

I'll take any Mega Man/Mighty No. 9 related content I can get!

Sorry if old!

I'm more then a little interested. I'm loving the media attention for MN9. I know I'll likely never get the Mega Man stuff I want, but if MN9 truly becomes a media thing I'd be more than happy with that as a replacement.

DJIzana

My friend works at Comcept... I'ma see if he says anything about it. He's going to DICE and will be translating on behalf of Inafune there.

Edit: I just asked to see if he can get that question answered at DICE.

This seems really premature. The game still isn't anywhere close to being done.

It could end up being alright, but it might have been better to wait until around the time the game is released to start talking about this.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I hope none of my Kickstarter money is funding this.

All of it is. What, you expected a game? It was a fan film for the concepts the entire time. The company's NAME is Comcept.

I'm assuming it'll at least be better quality than the Mega Man Fan Film.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Might have been way too premature to announce and they're still working on the story, but these kind of things tend to start way early, They can always can it if the game doesn't prove to be popular.

If you wait too long, you're gonna way miss out on a potential window of opportunity.

And no, your precious kickstarter money isn't being used on it.

It could be something as simple as like a 10 minute short to help promote the game before it releases as well. There could be a reason it's announced before the game releases.

shira

captian%2Bn%2Bmegaman%2Bgreen%2Bugly.jpg

If they parody Captain N, it will be mega-amazing.

Ravek

Banned
For those who are worried that their money from the Kickstarter are funding this, I would ask you to ease up just a bit. I think this is just a goal and somewhat of an interesting fuck you to CAPCOM.

Explanation? Explanation:

Look at the Kickstarter itself. It had stretch goals that the fans and the developers really never thought would be reached. But they were. I think that is the case here. Why not plan big? Plan being the key word.

If any of the kickstarter money was used for this planning, I assume it was used to buy coffee. Thinking and discussing ambitions has never been a money sink.

Either way, I am bias. I gave my money and trust to a man that helped shape my childhood imagination. Where as some people have Superman, Batman, or Spider Man...I had this curious little robot named Mega Man. I would have loved for a
proper
cartoon show, live action movie, comics and toys of Mega Man when I was kid.

I'm afraid I don't know what my original point is or was. Basically: have faith in the man that brought us here, to this thread, and realize he is just planning for the future.

Sorry for what some may call rhetoric.

Biker19

Banned
For those who are worried that their money from the Kickstarter are funding this, I would ask you to ease up just a bit. I think this is just a goal and somewhat of an interesting fuck you to CAPCOM.

Look at the Kickstarter itself. It had stretch goals that the fans and the developers really never thought would be reached. But they were. I think that is the case here. Why not plan big? Plan being the key word.

If any of the kickstarter money was used for this planning, I assume it was used to buy coffee. Thinking and discussing ambitions has never been a money sink.

Either way, I am bias. I gave my money and trust to a man that helped shape my childhood imagination. Where as some people have Superman, Batman, or Spider Man...I had this curious little robot named Mega Man. I would have loved for a
proper

I'm afraid I don't know what my original point is or was. Basically: have faith in the man that brought us here, to this thread, and realize he is just planning for the future.

Very good post.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

proper

Yeah but... live action?

Ravek

Banned
Yeah but... live action?

I know I know. First thing that might come to mind in comparable scope is that shit Dragonball Evolution movie or ....well I can't think of another example.

But this is Inafune. The dude has values. He actually backs up his words. His past has shown this.

Like I said. I am very bias.

Top Bottom