• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Scope Bone Eater (Arcade) location testing in Japan now?!

duckroll

This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone in Japan near Sonic Beam Matsudo willing to check it out? This sure brings back memories!

https://twitter.com/sonic_beam1/statuses/431603033567285248

0kBl9Yz.jpg

sn00zer

Ah cool...not a fan of the generic anime style the poster has, but I would be very interested in screenshots

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bah, no loke test in Osaka?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bone Eater? OK

Good to see SS is still around. Such a great arcade game that absolutely cannot be replicated anywhere outside of arcades.

Allforce

I love these games but they are a out as home-unfriendly as you can get.

Do you think with a plastic gun peripheral to snap a Vita or WiiU Gamepad into this series would work in a home setting? Like would the gyroscopes in those work with the raising and lowering to your face? I know it wouldn't be the exactly the same but it could be a decent experience on its own.

I love these games but they are a out as home-unfriendly as you can get.

Do you think with a plastic gun peripheral to snap a Vita or WiiU Gamepad into this series would work in a home setting? Like would the gyroscopes in those work with the raising and lowering to your face? I know it wouldn't be the exactly the same but it could be a decent experience on its own.

I'd love that for a wii u port

Arcadehero

Neo Member
To hawk my perspective on it: http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/07/22/new-trailer-konamis-silent-scope-bone-eater/

As mentioned in that post, I was standing in a conversation at a trade show recently where a major FEC chain in the US was talking with a major US arcade manufacturer about bringing the game here. I'm not sure what has happened since (usually arcade companies here are very tight-lipped about such things until games are rolling off the assembly line) but there is a lot of interest in having Silent Scope in arcades again, even though the hardware will be really expensive with that transparent LCD touch screen on it.

Jawmuncher

Oh man I would love to play this.
Miss silent scope so much.

Was always surprised konami didn't make a western game out of the series in the vein of sniper elite.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Do you think it could be possible that they could use the motion sensor of the DS4 if they were to ever bring the game to the PS4? It could work much like the way you use the console's on screen keypad. Also...

195px-Mr_Burns_evil.gif

"I aught to club them and eat their bones!"

FleetFeet

Sell a cheap plastic rifle, with a slot for your smartphone, then have a companion app act as the scope view

UH632QT.jpg

Then get shot by the cops lol...

Anyways, I just loved silent scope back in the day. Been ages since I last had a go with the game.

Qvoth

Silent Scope? Meh.

Bring back "The Keisatsukan". So many quarters wasted on it.

is that the arcade shooting game where you stand on a designated spot and by some dark magic the game follows you when you move your upper body?
I LOVED THAT SHIT

Wait, what happened to Silent Scope? Why is it all anime now?

Silent Scope used to be the jam, back when I lived in Germany. That and Time Crisis was always occupied. When I moved back to the states, never saw another machine again.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Cool, thanks for the updates. I haven't really kept up with this, and I totally missed that 4Gamer preview too. Looking at the hardware though, it looks really odd, especially for Silent Scope.

I mean, it's not even a whole gun.... :(

5EREcwI.jpg

If anything, it's probably to make the whole cabinet more compact.

Top Bottom